• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Central: 'In addition to Project Mara, Ninja Theory's next game has already been greenlit. There are no plans whatsoever to close the studio'

I think that's fair. But now we know that they have 2 more games already in the pipeline.

Ball is in the hands of consumers now. If you want to see these, buy their game or sub. Really that simple. Don't take MS word for it, either play the game or don't. $50 discount price at launch, or just rent it. And I'm sure it'll be on PS5 too. There is literally zero excuse. Consumers will decide what happens.

I have no desire to play HB2 so unfortunately I can't support them. I enjoyed some of their other games but Hell Blade just doesn't do it for me.

tusharngf

Ninja theory will be shutdown as they are chasing mental asylum type games which no one wants to play. Slow combat and weird camera angles plus boring trailer of hellblade means the game will be boring AF.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I have no desire to play HB2 so unfortunately I can't support them. I enjoyed some of their other games but Hell Blade just doesn't do it for me.
That's totally fine. I know I don't bother crying about any studios I don't buy the games of though.

Punished Miku

It's just not true though. If they see 2 million new subs tomorrow it counts. You can rent it or buy it. Or skip it. You can play it on PC, Xbox, Cloud, GP and likely PS5 soon. Totally up to consumers. They have lots of options.

If you really want to support it, sub for 2 months and play multiple games. Or if you hate renting shit, buy it. Or skip it if you don't care.

nial

Gold Member
It's just not true though. If they see 2 million new subs tomorrow it counts.
I personally find hard to believe that some player engagement is enough for MS to justify all that development time and budget for such a niche game, they want GP to stay around for the big IPs; Call of Duty, Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, Minecraft, etc. Everything else does not matter.
I just don't understand why some of you Xbox fans are still willing to die on the subscription hill after the Hi-Fi Rush debacle. Isn't it a much better idea to directly support (i.e. BUY) the kind of games you want to see more of?
BTW, stop counting on that PS5 version for any relevant effect on sales; late ports of such niche titles with little to no marketing are never bound to do well.

Punished Miku

I personally find hard to believe that some player engagement is enough for MS to justify all that development time and budget for such a niche game, they want GP to stay around for the big IPs; Call of Duty, Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, Minecraft, etc. Everything else does not matter.
I just don't understand why some of you Xbox fans are still willing to die on the subscription hill after the Hi-Fi Rush debacle. Isn't it a much better idea to directly support (i.e. BUY) the kind of games you want to see more of?
BTW, stop counting on that PS5 version for any relevant effect on sales; late ports of such niche titles with little to no marketing are never bound to do well.
I dont care if PS5 players want to buy it or not. But if they dont want to buy it then just stop acting like they care if the studio is open. People can like whatever they want. Just dont be a liar.

BoxFresh123

Microsoft gonna sign off on another however many year development for a 6 hour game?

Surely they would want them to turn it around much quicker.

Jez’s source was Gaz.

I thought the reason for the studio closures was that Tango and Arkane Austin had game pitches that were conflicting with Xbox's new strategy of producing blockbuster AAA games at a faster pace. Now they're greenlighting another sequel in an IP that doesn't have a huge audience, with the latest installment likely to sell dick?

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
I dont care if PS5 players want to buy it or not. But if they dont want to buy it then just stop acting like they care if the studio is open. People can like whatever they want. Just dont be a liar.
Okay? Still doesn't answer my question as to why you still believe having a GP sub is enough to support this game.

N30RYU

Gold Member
Yeah...and Tango was hiring to make Hi-Fi Rush 2

I won't be surprised if Ninja Theory lives enough just to make the PS5 port

Last edited:

bitbydeath

I thought the reason for the studio closures was that Tango and Arkane Austin had game pitches that were conflicting with Xbox's new strategy of producing blockbuster AAA games at a faster pace. Now they're greenlighting another sequel in an IP that doesn't have a huge audience, with the latest installment likely to sell dick?
His wording doesn’t instill confidence.

“Assurances already apparently”,
“Let’s see if”

It’s probably made up.

You thought wrong, Microsoft reiterated they need small games as well as the AAA ones. If you only listen to Gaf you'll get alot of fake news when it comes to Xbox/Microsoft.

N30RYU

Gold Member
There are no plans to close the studio 'cause in Phil's mind it's already closed

Think About It GIF by Identity

BbMajor7th

You thought wrong, Microsoft reiterated they need small games as well as the AAA ones. If you only listen to Gaf you'll get alot of fake news when it comes to Xbox/Microsoft.
The only fake news comes from the MS stans trying to argue it's "better out than in" every time Matt Booty shits the bed, pretend they "never liked dogs" every time Aaron Greenberg screws the pooch and argue for the technical superiority of hopping every time Phil Spencer shoots himself in the foot.

Saber

I don't remember they saying they would close Tango and Arkane either. In fact, there were a bunch of official comments that support the idea of both supporting their projects and saying that they need small studios like them.

At this point why would you guys would still believe in anything they said? They say this now, next day they can close a bunch of studios. One thing that you guys must accept that no one gonna protect them from being close and nothing gonna ever stop Microsoft from closing studios, as they have nothing to lose by doing so.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I don't remember they saying they would close Tango and Arkane either. In fact, there were a bunch of official comments that support the idea of both supporting their projects and saying that they need small studios like them.

At this point why would you guys would still believe in anything they said? They say this now, next day they can close a bunch of studios. One thing that you guys must accept is that no one gonna protect them from being close and nothing gonna ever stop Microsoft from closing studios, as they have nothing to lose by doing so.
We should have seen the signs for Arkane Austin and Tango.
KmfLMx9.jpeg

sqx6oA3.jpeg

Bridges

I don't think there's any way Ninja Theory is on the chopping block.

Microsoft bought Ninja Theory because they wanted Ninja Theory
Microsoft bought Obsidian because they wanted Obsidian
Microsoft bought Compulsion because they wanted compulsion
Microsoft bought Zenimax because they wanted Bethesda Game Studios. Not because they wanted Tango or Arkane.

Doesn't make the closure any better, I think closing Tango was a mistake. But I think all the worry about closures is misguided.

People should be much more worried about studios within Zenimax and ABK getting closed.

Microsoft bought ABK because they wanted Call of Duty and Candy Crush. Maybe Diablo. I would consider any team there that doesn't contribute heavily to any of those products to be much more expendable.

Top Bottom