• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Central: 'In addition to Project Mara, Ninja Theory's next game has already been greenlit. There are no plans whatsoever to close the studio'

diffusionx

Gold Member
I don't think there's any way Ninja Theory is on the chopping block.

Microsoft bought Ninja Theory because they wanted Ninja Theory
Microsoft bought Obsidian because they wanted Obsidian
Microsoft bought Compulsion because they wanted compulsion
Microsoft bought Zenimax because they wanted Bethesda Game Studios. Not because they wanted Tango or Arkane.

Doesn't make the closure any better, I think closing Tango was a mistake. But I think all the worry about closures is misguided.

People should be much more worried about studios within Zenimax and ABK getting closed.

Microsoft bought ABK because they wanted Call of Duty and Candy Crush. Maybe Diablo. I would consider any team there that doesn't contribute heavily to any of those products to be much more expendable.
I definitely get this point of view, but Microsoft bought NT when their plan was to release tons of content constantly on GP to keep people subbed. It’s why at the time Arkane and Tango also fit into those plans. They just needed content. But obviously those plans no longer apply. They realized they don't get much traction by spending hundreds of millions of dollars and 4-5 years to release a game that people can play for a $1 GamePass trial over a long weekend. The math doesn't work, and that is what Ninja Theory makes and has made for a long time.

Last edited:

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
If you mean GAF Xbox fans have been wrong, then you would be right. Let's just go over a few off the top of my head.

Power Gap
Series X Crushing in DF Comparisons
Series S Being a Bright Move
Halo Infinite Turning Things Around
Bethesda Purchase Being A Huge Boost To Xbox
Redfall Turning Things Around
Starfield Being GOTG/Turning Things Around
GamePass Being A Huge Success/The Future
GamePass Helping Game Sales
ABK Purchase Being A Huge Boost To Xbox
Xbox Exclusives Not Coming To PS5
Xbox Not Going Full 3rd Party (Pending)

It's funny how neutral gamers and PS fans have been more accurate about Xbox than their actual diehard fans. I guess that's what happens when you actually look at the signs around you and not believe whatever PR your fave company feeds you, regardless of how many times they have lied.

Let the younger GAF warriors take notice of this post please, this is what years of console warz does to the human mind. And this is no doubt a grown ass man that typed this out.

lol @ Redfall.

Top Bottom