• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PDZ Clips

Cerrius said:
in before the "it doesn't look next gen" crowd

Apparently since "it doesn't look next gen" would just make them look stupid to utter with quality of the visual now evident, the new battlecry is "the ragdoll is terrible!" :lol

Prine

Banned
Holy crap the lighting is sweet. Im not too happy with the rag doll physics and transition from 1st person to 3rd person.

Nothing that cant be fixed for launch :D

Cant fucking wait, the city backdrop was stunning

Chittagong

Gold Member
I'm impressed with the second video, the lighting and overall setting looks great, I love the complexity and scope of the structure. Those animations are just horrible, remind me of GoldenEye on N64 for some reason...

siege

Banned
The graphics appear to be improved, but the ragdoll physics are retarded looking. Also, how bout that great AI that just stands there?

I can't believe developers are still showing off the detail on walls in their games. Who gives a shit? Start coming up with some creative gameplay to show off, rather than the same old crap with shinier looking pipes and walls.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Shogmaster said:
Apparently since "it doesn't look next gen" would just make them look stupid to utter with quality of the visual now evident, the new battlecry is "the ragdoll is terrible!" :lol

but... it's a valid complaint :-(

plz fix the ragdoll animation rare!!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Graphics look much much better,rag doll physics are kinda stupid looking,but it looks real fun anyway.

I WANT RELAISTIC BLOOD SPLATTER ON WALLS!

WTF RARE!!!

otherwise even the rag doll stuff looked fine to me(other than the first kill)

When she is climbing up the ladder you can see a hover car fly by :D

shpankey

not an idiot
the characters (including the main character) all seem to have a barbie doll plastic look to them (check her out in the first vid when she does the peek around the corner thing and also check out the last guy at the very end in the second vid). also, they are kinda shiny. in fact, a lot of things seem to be shiny, even when they shouldn't be. maybe they are going for that look, but i would prefer them not to.

still, the lighting and shadows and level of detail on a city that big is fucking stunning.

Krowley

bottom line about pd0 is that it looks fun. It's got a unique style, there is nothing generic about it at all. the textures are amazing, and the lighting is very nice. I love the cartoony vibe. Gameplay looked fluid and enjoyable and the second level was very impressive.

:lol at the hit animation... i would almost think that was on purpose for some kind of nostalgia effect from the n64 era... i don't think it was ragdoll. Looks like canned animations to me. very over exaggerated :lol

can't wait to see the rest of this vid tonight.

Zeo

Banned
So, where are the EAT CROWWWW jackasses?

It looks nice overall, but the people look bad and the animations are probably absolutely horrible. And that's pretty important as far as graphics go since you spend 90% of the game looking at those animations.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Krowley said:
:lol at the hit animation... i would almost think that was on purpose for some kind of nostalgia effect from the n64 era... i don't think it was ragdoll. Looks like canned animations to me. very over exaggerated :lol

wtf? Have you even played the original perfect dark? the animation was nothing like that.
what nostalgia effect are they going for when PD never had exaggerated crap ragdoll like that?

Prine

Banned
im sure they are hard at work polishing the game right now, but man i couldnt be more happier. They got down the PD/GE feel better than Timesplitters did

These videos should be a good way of measuring how much polish has been added when we get to see the X05 build

Ironclad

Yeah, the physics were pretty weak. Death animations were way too over-the-top. The roll seemed incredibly awkard, especially the second it took to readjust the player's aim. Still, the game looks great and those ziplines are awesome. Lighting looks brilliant. The melee was a bit off and seemed a bit too weak as well.

Prine

Banned
Looks like its been set on easy, check out the arrows littered on the floor. Guide probably set @ 200 percent :lol

Whats with the lines of code appearing on the bottom?

Pimpbaa

My opinion of the game has went from WTF to OMG must buy. That shit looks amazing (other than some questionable animation). Those still bashing it, GIVE UP GAMING!

ive never been a fan of rag doll, why do they still implement that shit? Just makes it look cartoony. I can see adding that crap to games like UT, but to a game that is more than just a dm fps...?

Krowley

Cerrius said:
wtf? Have you even played the original perfect dark? the animation was nothing like that.
what nostalgia effect are they going for when PD never had exaggerated crap ragdoll like that?

no i never played perfect dark, but there were many games from that era that had really crappy death animations like that. Even current gen games mostly have much better death animations.

Based on the previous comments from other people i assumed this was similair to the n64 game. I can't imagine rare would have this kind of animation in the game by accident, or because they don't know how to create good animations... The rest of the stuff is too technicly proficient for that to be the case. like i said, even current gen games have better hit animations.

edit// whether you like it or not depends on what you expect i guess. this is clearly not intended to be a super serious, hardbitten, ultra mature shooter... it is more comic book style... I mean, my god, the bullets are picking these guys up and carrying them around :lol

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
They fuckin came thru. I even doubted them. Holy fuck man. They fuckin came thru. Major props to Rare on this

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Zak is uploading a 119 meg file to filefront with more PDZ footage, Kameo, warriors and RR6 right now!!

Taken from TeamXbox forums

pxleyes

Banned
Wow, just wow. It looks gorgeous. My only complaint is some of the animation, especially the rag dolls. Though they have kept this game underwraps pretty well, so it may have a more comic death animation style on purpose...here's to wishful thinking.

krypt0nian said:
Open your eyes. :lol

A far more acceptable response for GAF would have been "wash Kutaragi's cum out of your eyes and you may see better". You've failed at GAF. You should be ashamed.

Bluemercury said:
Im sorry but that doesnt look anything special not when compared to other next gen stuff
im sorry if i hurt your feelings.....

huh? looks like one of hte prettiest next gen games i have seen for sure. Definately up to par with gears of war.

Shogmaster said:
An far more acceptable response for GAF would have been "wash Kutaragi's cum out of your eyes and you may see better". You've failed at GAF. You should be ashamed.

I'm on "nice mode" Its a cheat code I found in the archives.

Lakitu

st5fu
Agent Icebeezy said:
Zak is uploading a 119 meg file to filefront with more PDZ footage, Kameo, warriors and RR6 right now!!

Taken from TeamXbox forums

And I was just about to go to bed :(

Razoric

Banned
Shogmaster said:
A far more acceptable response for GAF would have been "wash Kutaragi's cum out of your eyes and you may see better". You've failed at GAF. You should be ashamed.

That's borderline OA material but still funny. :lol :lol

Prine

Banned
Aint final bitches, if theres one thing you should remember Rare dont skip on polish (framrate aside)

Dont make another mistake and start ragging on the physics, just like you guys did with the graphics.

Im positive they'll fix it. Its powered by nextgen Havok engine right? They'll tweak it to an acceptable level

Top Bottom