• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pentagon official:: There's compelling evidence that we might not be alone

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Pentagon official:: There's compelling evidence that we might not be alone
Was this Pentagon officials name Captain Obvious by chance?

Last edited by a moderator:
But Eddie Bravo taught me that space isn’t real.

(No in all seriousness I’m pretty convinced there is life out there that has made contact with our atmosphere at some point)
Yeah I heard someone talking about it I forget who it's on YouTube somewhere

But some super smart dude came up with some kind of math function that estimated the likelihood of us coming in contact with space aliens and the number it spat out was near zero

It was concluded that although there probably is life out there, it's just an impossible distance away from us

Why does it always have to be about somebody impregnating you?

giphy.gif

Answer:

Alien Anal Probes

I watched Rogans talk with Brian Cox. Which is an amazing physicist.
And he said, in his opinion there might be other life, but he had a lot of good arguments why there might be only one sentient race per galaxy.
And that this is actually a very humbling thought.

Romulus

And he said, in his opinion there might be other life, but he had a lot of good arguments why there might be only one sentient race per galaxy.

Yeah, even in that modest estimate, that would still equate to billions of intelligent lifeforms. Crazy to imagine.

You could go with an ultra extreme low estimate. There's 100 billion galaxies in the universe, and say there's only 1 intelligent race per billionth galaxy. That's still pretty amazing to imagine a 100 sentient lifeforms.

Mindboggling. 100 billion galaxies with an average of 10 billion Earth like planets in each one. It teeters arrogant to assume we're alone if one can even fathom math on that level.

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
Like Brian Cox knows anything about life out in “space”.

Weilthain

Banned
He had some good arguments about the probabilities and time frames involved to get life going.
There aren't that many solar systems and planets where it's even possible for life to form.
In his fairy tale universe it makes sense. He is just spouting his nonsense as if it’s fact.

In his fairy tale universe it makes sense. He is just spouting his nonsense as if it’s fact.
Well, makes more sense to me than the stuff you wrote about space, to be honest.
I'd rather believe him and his probability math about the universe than your aluminum hat flat earth bullshit.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Love stuff like this. The multiple IR camera, tracking, radar and military witness combo is pretty hard to refute.

My thoughts

1 - Those things seem to move very mechanically, reminding me of drones. Doubt there is anyone inside, rather they are just observing stuff.

2 - If someone is intelligent to make stuff like that, they will have mastered growing food in the lab, terraforming planets and finding empty planets.

3 - The US military confirmed UFO footage and the world shrugged, returned to watch memes

Weilthain

Banned
Well, makes more sense to me than the stuff you wrote about space, to be honest.
I'd rather believe him and his probability math about the universe than your aluminum hat flat earth bullshit.
I’m on to him and his lies. But I can see why you’d believe him over a crazy on the net, that is fair.

Weilthain

Banned
Well, your ideas seem a lot more fairy tale to me than his.
Why do you think he lies. On what especially?
All his math is based on how big they say the sun is, how far away it is. How heavy is the earth etc. The presumption the earth is a globe therefore gravity magically exists.

He’s just a choir boy singing his hymns as far as I’m concerned.

All his math is based on how big they say the sun is, how far away it is. How heavy is the earth etc. The presumption the earth is a globe therefore gravity magically exists.

He’s just a choir boy singing his hymns as far as I’m concerned.
What is your math based on?

V4skunk

Banned
It's strange that this isn't bigger news.

Last week, the US government confirmed UFO cases were real and nobody seemed to care :messenger_grinning_smiling:
I've know for at least 15 years, i didn't need to be told.

More like dem aerodynamic forces? Thing would burn to a crisp

You don't have a clue about the science.
But read these US Navy patents.
https://patents.justia.com/patent/10322827

Things are way beyond your understanding. People like you are the reason disclosure has never happened.

Last edited:

Winter John

Is this supposed to be a "gotcha"? I'm not an ETH supporter. That is pretty clear when I made fun of the idea of aliens somehow finding Earth when we barely have 100 years of signal history.

And there is a a much better option than either of those - another human civilization that is ahead of us. I could guess at more esoteric sources, but a breakaway civilization is most likely given the evidence and situation.

A gotcha? Jesus Christ. It couldn't have been more obvious i was agreeing with you. Get some meds for your paranoia buddy. I was going to point out that I totally disagree with this breakaway civilization stuff but fuck that, I don't want to be the cause of your next mental breakdown

A gotcha? Jesus Christ. It couldn't have been more obvious i was agreeing with you. Get some meds for your pa

I thought you were implying that I was supporting this stuff being aliens, especially with the animal mutilation line.

Although, speaking of animal mutilation, that is another example of how the government and military uses "aliens" as a cover. Some of the best mutilation cases took place near or downwind from nuclear test sites, so it was likely just monitoring the impact of residual radiation.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
You don't have a clue about the science.
But read these US Navy patents.
https://patents.justia.com/patent/10322827

Things are way beyond your understanding. People like you are the reason disclosure has never happened.

lolok...you posted a video of the sun "defending itself?" WTF dude lay the crack pipe down. My point was that even if you solve the problem of inertia, you're still traveling through the atmosphere, which last I heard exists and tends to vaporize objects traveling through it at reentry speeds, let alone whatever speed was being claimed here. Also, I don't think you understand what a patent is.

But if aliens possess physics-defying super advanced tech and are among us, they really suck at their job to remain concealed if some internet detectives can look at a video of the sun's turbulent surface and detect their magic space blob being whipped away by the fiery hands of Sol

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
ugh. "only one sentient race". tbh this kind of shit gives me cringes. if scientists think humans really are just animals, then how come animals are not counted as sentient? they communicate, they have children, they form social groups, etc. yet we lock them in cages, hold them on leashes, make them into food, etc. we do those things because we tell ourselves they are "not sentient". as if that label gives us license to do whatever we want. because they are not like us. on many levels, science worships at the altar of the Humans Are Special throne just as religion does, but with much less an emphasis on morality.

honestly it makes me very cynical towards the future. the unmitigated arrogance, the supreme lack of humility. this is mainstream thought! "he's a smart guy" yeah so was Wernher Von Braun.

i'd imagine if we meet any aliens, we would label them nonsentient and then use them like we use everything else. or otherwise they would see us as the nonsentient ones and kill us. of course there are many other options but this dichotomy is kinda what we are stuck with if we are assuming all sentience has to be the same as the human race.

Last edited:

Winter John

I thought you were implying that I was supporting this stuff being aliens, especially with the animal mutilation line.

Although, speaking of animal mutilation, that is another example of how the government and military uses "aliens" as a cover. Some of the best mutilation cases took place near or downwind from nuclear test sites, so it was likely just monitoring the impact of residual radiation.

I always assumed that stuff was down to the military testing out whatever advanced medical equipment they got. Although my neighbor had an interesting take on it, insurance fraud. Some rancher falls on hard times. He's seen the stuff in the papers about these mutilations and bing, easy money

V4skunk

Banned
More like dem aerodynamic forces? Thing would burn to a crisp
lolok...you posted a video of the sun "defending itself?" WTF dude lay the crack pipe down. My point was that even if you solve the problem of inertia, you're still traveling through the atmosphere, which last I heard exists and tends to vaporize objects traveling through it at reentry speeds, let alone whatever speed was being claimed here. Also, I don't think you understand what a patent is.

But if aliens possess physics-defying super advanced tech and are among us, they really suck at their job to remain concealed if some internet detectives can look at a video of the sun's turbulent surface and detect their magic space blob being whipped away by the fiery hands of Sol
Try harder. Watch the actual footage of the video i posted! Ignore the text. I also posted that footage because it was the first video on the search showing the footage i want you to see.

Here is the video i should have posted.

Also did you even read the patents? I'll post some relevant info from the patents!

"The present invention is directed to a high frequency gravitational wave generator which includes a high frequency gravitational wave generator including a gas filled shell with an outer shell surface, microwave emitters, sound generators, and two acoustic vibration resonant gas-filled cavities. The outer shell surface is electrically charged and vibrated by the microwave emitters to generate a first electromagnetic field. The acoustic vibration resonant gas-filled cavities each have a cavity surface that can be electrically charged and vibrated by sound from the sound generators such that a second electromagnetic field is generated. The acoustic vibration resonant gas-filled cavities are able to counter spin relative to each other to provide stability, and propagating gravitational field fluctuations are generated when the second electromagnetic field propagates through the first electromagnetic field.

It is a feature of the present invention to provide a high frequency gravitational wave generator that can be used for advanced propulsion, asteroid disruption and/or deflection, and communications through solid objects.

It is a feature of the present invention to provide a high frequency gravitational wave generator which utilizes a means of enabling room temperature superconductivity in special composite metal wiring."

"Claims
1. A high frequency gravitational wave generator comprising:
a gas-filled shell, the gas-filled shell comprising of microwave emitters, the gas filled shell has an outer shell surface and an inner shell surface, the outer shell surface is able to be electrically charged by an electrical source and is able to be vibrated by the microwave emitters, such that it generates a first electromagnetic field;at least two sound generators for generating sound, the at least two sound generators disposed within the gas-filled shell;two acoustic vibration resonant gas-filled cavities for propagation of sound created by the at least two sound generators, the two acoustic vibration resonant gas-filled cavities are disposed within the gas-filled shell and each resonant gas-filled cavity has one cavity surface that can be electrically charged, the acoustic energy from the at least two sound generators causing each of the electrically charged cavity surfaces to vibrate such that a second electromagnetic field is generated; the two acoustic vibration resonant gas-filled cavities being able to counter spin relative to each other to provide stability, propagating gravitational field fluctuations are generated when the second electromagnetic field propagates through the first electromagnetic field."

"The implications of colliding/focusing HFGWs generated by rapidly accelerated vibration/spin of electrically charged systems can be used in applications of propulsion as well as the extreme disruption of a planetary body (if so desired) since it can be shown that the energy level (gain in potential energy) capable of annihilating a planet such as the Earth is on the order of 1032 Joules (which may be achieved with the concept at hand; Eannihil=(⅗) (GMP2/RP); MP and RP are the planet mass and radius, respectively). Imagine a plurality of HFGWG devices (a minimum of four modules), aligned around a planetary body or planetoid (asteroid/comet) along a planar axis (four cardinal points). The emitted HFGWs would impinge on each other in such a manner as to severely disrupt the vacuum energy state at a spacetime locality denoting a point of impact (collision of gravitons with gravitons). At this disruption point, energy would be amplified to such a high degree as to generate a spacetime curvature singularity, leading to total destruction of the planetary body or planetoid (which can be an asteroid or comet on an impact trajectory with Earth)."

As you can see this is way beyond theory.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Try harder. Watch the actual footage of the video i posted! Ignore the text. I also posted that footage because it was the first video on the search showing the footage i want you to see.

Here is the video i should have posted.

And again what am I viewing here that's supposedly significant?

iconmaster

Banned
ugh. "only one sentient race". tbh this kind of shit gives me cringes. if scientists think humans really are just animals, then how come animals are not counted as sentient? they communicate, they have children, they form social groups, etc. yet we lock them in cages, hold them on leashes, make them into food, etc. we do those things because we tell ourselves they are "not sentient". as if that label gives us license to do whatever we want. because they are not like us. on many levels, science worships at the altar of the Humans Are Special throne just as religion does, but with much less an emphasis on morality.

Science does have trouble drawing a distinction between man and the animals. But our intuition is generally that humans are special. Since science struggles to "save the appearances" on that point, it's worth considering whether religion can offer a better account.

Animals should be treated well, and not cruelly, but they can still be treated as animals.

lyan

What is the more likely explanation for these craft - That they're the product of a civilisation so advanced they travel millions of light years into our galaxy just to steal cattle. Or that they're the product of Governments and private companies around the world who have spent decades and ungodly amounts of cash researching and investing in new technologies?
Well man have traveled few hundreds thousands kilometres to steal some rocks.

Dontero

Banned
The idea that we are alone is idiotic. We are biochemical machines that happend to evolve here. Aside from us there are literally milions of different species of animals on our planet. It took us about 3Bilion years to go from single cell organisms to multicell organism but once we have done that it took only 500 mln years to reach current status. Planets like ours are literally trillions so just by using our biochemical design there is plenty of animals out there and no doubt some of them are even more intelligent than us. We don't even know about other forms of life that are not based on water.

That being said. The idea that aliens visit us and play hide and seek is just dumb. It literally makes no god damn sense.

1. If they can get here, their technology is so advanced that we wouldn't be able to do anything to them.
2. The very notion that we consider ourself intelligent could be complete joke to aliens. They could just arrive here see us and just move along saying "no intelligent life was found" much like we don't consider ants which create structures proportionally many times bigger than ours and are in TRILLIONS and everywhere intelligent or worth trying to establish contact.
3. The very concept of contact/society/communication/trade/exploration could be completely non existent to them. There is nothing in physic book that suggest you need intelligent life to use technology. Mentioned ants do it all the time. Through their evolution they were able to come up with bunch of cells that tell them how to build their colonies and manage it with perfect ventilation, safety, security and many things we do when we build our buildings.

I seriously recommend people to read Stanislaw Lem books to understand why "Aliens" that want to try and communicate is ridicolous concept.

Why don't you actually watch the video, it repeats over and over again.
Edit: How about a ufo refueling at the sun?

How about Sun magnetic line breaking which happens often ?

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
The idea that we are alone is idiotic. We are biochemical machines that happend to evolve here. Aside from us there are literally milions of different species of animals on our planet. It took us about 3Bilion years to go from single cell organisms to multicell organism but once we have done that it took only 500 mln years to reach current status. Planets like ours are literally trillions so just by using our biochemical design there is plenty of animals out there and no doubt some of them are even more intelligent than us. We don't even know about other forms of life that are not based on water.

That being said. The idea that aliens visit us and play hide and seek is just dumb. It literally makes no god damn sense.

1. If they can get here, their technology is so advanced that we wouldn't be able to do anything to them.
2. The very notion that we consider ourself intelligent could be complete joke to aliens. They could just arrive here see us and just move along saying "no intelligent life was found" much like we don't consider ants which create structures proportionally many times bigger than ours and are in TRILLIONS and everywhere intelligent or worth trying to establish contact.
3. The very concept of contact/society/communication/trade/exploration could be completely non existent to them. There is nothing in physic book that suggest you need intelligent life to use technology. Mentioned ants do it all the time. Through their evolution they were able to come up with bunch of cells that tell them how to build their colonies and manage it with perfect ventilation, safety, security and many things we do when we build our buildings.

I seriously recommend people to read Stanislaw Lem books to understand why "Aliens" that want to try and communicate is ridicolous concept.

What about interdimensional visitors?

What about dyson spheres and not actual aliens?

Romulus

I feel a bit mean for saying such things, but I always find the alien question to be irrational. When stories come out like this where someone sees an unidentified flying object it always seems like someone jumps to "aliens" rather than more reasonable solutions such as natural phenomenon, misremembering, faulty equipment or not simply being able to gather the proper data, normal or experimental aircraft seen in unusual circumstances, etc. I mean what is more likely; beings coming from another solar system, or someone screwing up somehow? The supernatural shouldn't be the go to answer for something strange.

Sorry for the rant, it just seems irrational to me to believe in things like aliens, ghosts, and the like just because something may be difficult to explain or understand.

Being mean? I don't think your point has enough validity for that. No ones does because the lack of evidence either way. But there are very intelligent humans in the know that believe we are being visited, many that work in deep government programs that maintain we're being visited. Even the astronauts talk about similar encounters to these fighter pilots going back 50 years in space. Several different accounts.

Aliens are not ghosts. In the same way you evolved on this planet, its possible other beings evolved on one of the other billions of Earth like rocks. That just makes sense.

The opposite can be said to your point.. How is that all(thousands) of unidentified objects have to explained by human involvement considering the scale of the universe?

I understand the need to be very critical, it's a must, but when you have so many accounts from trained operators about the same thing, everything is a glitch, misremember? The radar glitch thing is hard to believe on an Aegis class destroyer, especially when it was also being tracked by a submarine. Both are wrong? And then the pilot who saw it describes the exact same object as "defying the known laws of physics."

Everyone is wrong? Or it's some secret drone? Hell we can't even get our most advanced jets to perform at the levels they were supposed to 10 years ago, yet somehow secret drones are showcasing layers of tech that are unheard of 15 years ago? 40 years ago if you bring up other cases. Look up the Iranian fighter pilot story. Tracked on radar.

To the point of "it makes no sense for aliens to travel lightyears to mess with cattle or rocks."

We have human researchers that go to school for nearly a decade, some of our greatest minds. Then they travel across the world just to live in a hut so they can study rocks, dirt, or ants.

Not to mention, where is the evidence that it's even actual aliens? Could be their probes or robotic drones that could easily perform a task similar to what the Mars rover is doing for us now, but more capable and dexterous.

Not even saying aliens are real either, just that its unlikely that all these similar sightings going back to the 1600s are human secret craft.

Last edited:

Dontero

Banned
What about interdimensional visitors?

You would have to have first other dimensions. Those are current not woo woo theories that involve them:

String theory dimentions aren't what people think what they are. They are compactified into small points which loop around themselves and are so small that you are walking through them right now and your atoms are missing them because how small they are. String theory itself right now isn't even hot as most of founders moved to quantum train as well as most of physics community, though its discoveries are essential to physics now from whole other reasons (dualities)

Many worlds quantum mechanics interpretation tells us that everything we do creates new versions of "world". So atom radiating out or not creates effectively 2 worlds in which it radiated out and one where it didn't. So every atom every macro and micro thing all the time split worlds apart. The catch here is that we can never interact with them and they are not exactly creating new worlds but are just vibration in one quantum field on which we are but we can't perceive them as we are part of different vibration. It is though less liked among physicists than copenhagen interpretation which strictly says there aren't any. But unlike copenhagen it has actually math behind it and there are a lot of new physicists that are keen to researching it.

General relativistic ones are not really dimentions but separate space times that are cut off from ours as in distance. Our visible universe for example is essentially dimention because nothing can go faster than casuality (this is where c comes from, not from light but light travels at casuality speed) which means everything outside of that sphere is cut off from us and won't ever reach us or we will reach outside. White holes are not allowed in our universe though they are theoretically possible in not our universe (if our universe had different properties)

As you can see science wise there are no dimensions that allow for that. There is some degree of unknown but dimensions in woo woo sense of that world is absolutely impossible.

What about dyson spheres and not actual aliens?

Dyson spheres are pipe dream though nice theory. Any civilization that can build dyson sphere is already advanced enough to completely leave their own system and spread around.

The life question here is not IF but how rare. Whole Fermi paradox which is widely used to talk about alien life isn't any paradox at all. The problem here is that we have example of 1 in infinite universe. Life can literally as rare as 1 in trilions of observable universes like us. So we can be perfectly alone in our observable universe and life can be abundant at the same time because universe is infinite.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Wait holy shit a neogaf thread about ufos and aliens and well it’s still open ? Times change for the better , yes. Meus I hope you watching man

iconmaster

Banned
The idea that we are alone is idiotic.

No, it's simply an application of Occam's Razor. It's the simplest explanation of why we haven't met any aliens (if in fact we haven't). There are other potential explanations, but they're all more complicated.

Romulus

Visual and radar data from 1952

Interesting how the objects from 1952 and 1974 Iranian fighter incidents move in a similar way to the 2004 objects in the OP. There's also another intercept in England where the fighter pilot mirrors the accounts above too from the 1960s.

V4skunk

Banned

You can't prove it though! That footage is unique, showing some thing we cannot explain. While i bring proof the US Navy is working on anti gravity technology.

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
Interesting how the objects from 1952 and 1974 Iranian fighter incidents move in a similar way to the 2004 objects in the OP. There's also another intercept in England where the fighter pilot mirrors the accounts above too from the 1960s.

So alien technology is stuck in the 1950s? Lame.

Romulus

So alien technology is stuck in the 1950s? Lame.

Lol yeah, maybe they were in a recession.

But the radar showed they were much faster in 2004 compared to 1952, but who knows their real max capabilities or if they were drones, interdimensional etc.

Thurible

Being mean? I don't think your point has enough validity for that. No ones does because the lack of evidence either way.
Ehh, I'm not completely sure of that. There really is no empirical evidence of extraterrestrials beyond the hypothetical what ifs and situations like this where flying objects are difficult to determine (though that doesn't neccessarily mean aliens, there are many possibilities on why the military saw a strange flying object). The onus largely hinges on the believers, as skeptics like me can't disprove a negative.

But there are very intelligent humans in the know that believe we are being visited, many that work in deep government programs that maintain we're being visited. Even the astronauts talk about similar encounters to these fighter pilots going back 50 years in space. Several different accounts.
Yes, there are some very talented and intelligent people that believe in the paranormal, but that does not mean that it is true, that is arguably an appeal to authority. And if we are going with authority, many people involved in studying space don't believe that we are being visited by aliens.

Also, most people aren't jacks of all trades, some geniuses are only confined to their respective fields. Ex. My sibling is studying to be an obgyn and some of the most well respected doctors they are learning from believe the earth is 6,000 years old.

Aliens are not ghosts. In the same way you evolved on this planet, its possible other beings evolved on one of the other billions of Earth like rocks. That just makes sense.
It's certainly possible that extraterristrials exist, but I really have no reason to believe so other than the fact the universe is a big place. I can't say it definitively, but I personally think extraterrestrials don't exist simply because we have no evidence.

I put aliens in the same realm as ghosts because both are paranormal creatures with really no proof of being. Heck, some people in this very thread are arguing that aliens are really interdimensional beings and I personally see no reason to believe that, where that statement even comes from, or even what's really the difference between the two.

The opposite can be said to your point.. How is that all(thousands) of unidentified objects have to explained by human involvement considering the scale of the universe?

Most spacing faring objects aren't human in origin, but rather natural phenomenon such as extraterrestrial debris such as comets and meteors.

I suppose we don't have to explain what something is when we see it in space, but it is good to build an understanding of what an object is and what it is doing. Knowledge is power as they say.

I understand the need to be very critical, it's a must, but when you have so many accounts from trained operators about the same thing, everything is a glitch, misremember? The radar glitch thing is hard to believe on an Aegis class destroyer, especially when it was also being tracked by a submarine. Both are wrong? And then the pilot who saw it describes the exact same object as "defying the known laws of physics."
Perhaps they did see something, perhaps it was aliens, perhaps not. I'm not a fan of jumping to paranormal explanations for the unknown though. Human error actually happens a lot, and mass hysteria is possible. Though it is possible you are right and it is certainly unusual, I don't see substantial proof personally.

Everyone is wrong? Or it's some secret drone? Hell we can't even get our most advanced jets to perform at the levels they were supposed to 10 years ago, yet somehow secret drones are showcasing layers of tech that are unheard of 15 years ago? 40 years ago if you bring up other cases. Look up the Iranian fighter pilot story. Tracked on radar.
I don't have any solid explanations, I just don't trust aliens as an answer. I need something physical and verifiably from an intelligent extraterristrial source before I believe that to be a possible solution. It is more likely that ufo sightings were the result of hysteria, or natural phenomenon, or experimental aircraft. Perhaps there is a type of human made craft that acts like a flying saucer.

Not trying to be offensive or anything, I just don't believe in this sort of thing

Dontero

Banned
No, it's simply an application of Occam's Razor. It's the simplest explanation of why we haven't met any aliens (if in fact we haven't). There are other potential explanations, but they're all more complicated.

You are using wrong Ocam razor then.

Are there any aliens ?
Humans are aliens.

What is more probable that we are special one of the kind in infinite universe or we are just one of many.
No way razor falls onto we are special.

I explained already why we haven't meet any other aliens. Because space is big and chance of life is probably very small.
It took as just 3 bilion years to go from single cell to multi cell and another 500mil to go from few cells to us.

What it means is that probably in our galaxy we are alone, maybe life is 1 in 50 000 galaxies or 1 in 5000000000000000 galaxies.

iconmaster

Banned
The Nimitz personnell claim some plainclothes officials helicoptered in, took all the data on the incident, and required some signed NDAs.

I'm not sure what to conclude from that, but it's interesting.

Are there any aliens ?
Humans are aliens.

What?

What is more probable that we are special one of the kind in infinite universe or we are just one of many.
No way razor falls onto we are special.

I think the former is both simpler -- it requires belief in fewer things, namely races/civilizations -- and more probable, given the still-limited evidence of extraterrestrial life.

Top Bottom