• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apoc29

This show is so tightly written and entertaining I can't believe it's on network TV. Bravo to the production team!

I hope Bear gets a flashback. Maybe something where he was picked on by other dogs in his youth but now he's rising to the occasion.

Well, Reese's arc was pretty much ended by the halfway point of Season 2, and if the promo looks right, the next episode is about him, and his number coming up. Could see more of his past, what his real name is, etc. Another episode that "ties up loose ends", but this time for Reese. So I imagine we'll have the same feeling at the end of the next week. Comes across as 2 red herrings to hide what'll happen in the 3rd episode.
Im starting to think it might be Harold. However, that'd be a pretty ballsy move that I'm not sure a show would pull as the Reese/Finch dynamic is the core of the show. To an extent there are characters that would be able to replace his role. Then again that could apply to just about any character as John's role could be replaced by Shaw. Carter could be replaced by Fusco & Shaw. Fusko has been pretty much in the background all season.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Im starting to think it might be Harold. However, that'd be a pretty ballsy move that I'm not sure a show would pull as the Reese/Finch dynamic is the core of the show. To an extent there are characters that would be able to replace his role. Then again that could apply to just about any character as John's role could be replaced by Shaw. Carter could be replaced by Fusco & Shaw. Fusko has been pretty much in the background all season.

Doubt it would be Harold. Besides the newest 2 characters (Root and Shaw), he still has the least known about his history. It's been a gigantic black hole up until 9/11 happened. Plus, there's the whole Grace thing, that has to play out before his character could "go" from the show. Root would also be the only one that could fill that role, but she's the Anti-Harold, not sure it would work.

Trying to think of it from "which character dying opens up storylines for survivng members (Besides Harold and Root, who I feel are the safest, as they have most stories coming with The Machine). I still feel that's Carter (would "spice" up Fusco's and Reese's motivations) or Reese's (Carter, Shaw, and Harold). Or they could go with the original red herring of laying it on thick on Fusco, which mostly would motivate Carter.

I'd like for them to all make it, but everyone can tell, they almost have too many in the Crew.

Doubt it would be Harold. Besides the newest 2 characters (Root and Shaw), he still has the least known about his history. It's been a gigantic black hole up until 9/11 happened. Plus, there's the whole Grace thing, that has to play out before his character could "go" from the show. Root would also be the only one that could fill that role, but she's the Anti-Harold, not sure it would work.

Trying to think of it from "which character dying opens up storylines for survivng members (Besides Harold and Root, who I feel are the safest, as they have most stories coming with The Machine). I still feel that's Carter (would "spice" up Fusco's and Reese's motivations) or Reese's (Carter, Shaw, and Harold). Or they could go with the original red herring of laying it on thick on Fusco, which mostly would motivate Carter.

I'd like for them to all make it, but everyone can tell, they almost have too many in the Crew.
Well aren't Root and Reese both admins to the machine? I thought most of Finch's plotlines had been resolved and tied up last season but I may very well be wrong or misunderstood things. I used to casually watch PoI for the first 1 1/2 seasons and then it really caught my interest towards the midseason finale last season. So there may be things im missing. I'd prefer not to lose characters as I like all of them. If I was forced to choose it'd be Fusko as his usefulness has waned and he has been getting little ST for a long time.

Lonestar

Well aren't Root and Reese both admins to the machine? I thought most of Finch's plotlines had been resolved and tied up last season but I may very well be wrong or misunderstood things. I used to casually watch PoI for the first 1 1/2 seasons and then it really caught my interest towards the midseason finale last season. So there may be things im missing. I'd prefer not to lose characters as I like all of them. If I was forced to choose it'd be Fusko as his usefulness has waned and he has been getting little ST for a long time.

Well, chunks of Harold's past has been revealed. Mostly the creation of the Machine, the reasoning for his quest to do the non-relevant list, his relationships with Grace and Nathan, how he got injured and his role in "freeing" the Machine and the implications it created in the lives of alot of people (Reese/Stanton/The CIA characters). But Who he is, why he's been like this, for even further back than the creation of the machine, still is up in the air. Plus he has Decima, "Control" and Vigilance to oppose, as well as his relationship with Grace and Root.

Also, the "Admin" roles were only for the 24 hours. After that, no one is technically an admin, unless the Machine decides it wants one, which it technically hasn't. It's helping Root, to "do something it wants to do", as a physical representation of it's wishes

If the show was just the "POI's" and the ongoing Mob drama (HR/Elias/Russians), it'd be a great show. But it's this high concept AI/Government stuff, that I believe sets it apart. Things might get freaking crazy, depending on what The Machine is trying to do.

Craziest thing, is that this is airing on CBS.

To others:

I will say, most of what we've been writing about, is either general speculation of what might happen, base on if someone does go, who would be most affected. Then it's gotten into unresolved storylines and why some characters are pretty "safe" No actual known spoilers.

tirminyl

NORMALLY, I would click on the spoilers and read everyone's theories and watch promo's for the next episode but I just can't do it. This show is playing with my emotions and you just don't play with my emotions. I think I may skip the podcast too so I don't listen to their theories for this and the next two episodes.

Just watched this week's episode.

How many banderas.gif deserves this show?

All of them.
9EjsPhP.gif

Rokam

Hey I heard you all love good news, and love Person of Interest...

They just got an extra episode pick up for this season, bumping it to 23.

Tamanon

Banned
I always imagine if the posters here did a podcast about this show, it'd be like 3 Chris Farleys interviewing each other.

"You remember when he shot that guy in the knee? That was awesome."

ZenaxPure

I always imagine if the posters here did a podcast about this show, it'd be like 3 Chris Farleys interviewing each other.

"You remember when he shot that guy in the knee? That was awesome."

To be fair the best scene of all time in the show involves Reese shooting a man (probably in the knee, but we can't see).

"Congratulations"

Someone should post that gif, I don't have it and it makes me sad.

Lonestar

To be fair the best scene of all time in the show involves Reese shooting a man (probably in the knee, but we can't see).

"Congratulations"

Someone should post that gif, I don't have it and it makes me sad.

iGmscaCvsl0sK.gif

Alot of the best are on the 1st page.

iJb5GEpLPfH6Q.gif

Added text, but since it's a gif made from a gif, I think the quality might have gone down.

Yeah, us doing a podcast would be an exercise in Expanding Hyperbole.

Though, Podcast of Interest ain't too far off from that. They bring it back down with the News from the Machine segments :lol

ZenaxPure

I'm on a shit 1.5 mbps line so I avoid the first page of any OT like the plague lol, took me like 2 minutes just to load those two gifs.

So good though, I didn't think the show could ever produce a moment as hilarious as that, but, honestly the "Is that my grenade launcher?" from the last episode was pretty fucking great too.

Someone needs to make some sort of Reese one liner compilation on youtube, assuming one doesn't already exist.

Finally caught this week's episode.

HOLY SHIT!

I makes me SOOOOO mad that I have so many friends that are sleeping on this show still, no matter how hard of a sell I do. I need to tape them down and force them, I guess.

Yeah!

iGmscaCvsl0sK.gif

iJb5GEpLPfH6Q.gif

Added text, but since it's a gif made from a gif, I think the quality might have gone down.

Though, Podcast of Interest ain't too far off from that. They bring it back down with the News from the Machine segments :lol

Man, I fucking love that moment.

I actually hope this is good news and not bad news. The pessimistic part of me is like, "Oh, they gave them an extra episode so they can wrap everything up because it's not getting another season."

Tugatrix

iGmscaCvsl0sK.gif

iJb5GEpLPfH6Q.gif

The suave badass,
I hope they don't intend to kill him

Lonestar

Kevin Chapman ‏@POIFUSCO 4m
Tonight @ 10pm est, I will toast a glass to the best Fans in the World, and say Thank You for always being there for POI and " THE FUSCO"

:|

Sober

Welp, I hope you guys have a bucket with you when you watch this. Doesn't matter what happens but you'll probably need it for the tears.

The Crossing
The Machine gives Finch Reese's Number as HR puts out a contract on the "Man in the Suit."

Lonestar

yeah, this feels like a heavy, heavy, HEAVY episode.

Tonight's director did the Elias intro episode (Witness), the Bad Marshall/Reese Flashback episode, the Alistair Whestley/Hospital episode, the Hotel/Hersch fight episode, and the episode with the Data Broker who was killed by Vigilance episode.

Written by Denise The' who wrote:

Season 1
"Cura Te Ipsum" - Linda Cardenelli as Revenge Doctor
"Get Carter" (with Greg Plageman) - Carter's intro flashback (Interrogator reveal)
"Blue Code" - Reese gets into a smuggling ring with an undercover cop, while Fusco almost dies by HR, before being saved by Reese.
Season 2
"The Contingency" (with Jonathan Nolan) - First episode of Season 2, Reese sans Finch, and the Intro to Leon
"One Percent" (with Melissa Scrivner-Love) - The Billionaire from It's Always Sunny, who tries to give Finch an expensive watch with a bug in it.
Season 3
"Liberty" (with Greg Plageman) - First episode of this season, the Sailors with the Diamonds.
"The Crossing" - Tonight's episode

Quidam

I'm assuming they wouldn't let Kevin spoil the ending on Twitter, so I reckon he's playing up
to the promos which make it seem like he's gonna die.
My bet is still on Bear, although they've been hyping this up like maaaaaad so maybe it'll actually be a main cast member?!

EDIT: Uh oh @ that behind the scenes clip......

Lonestar

In that clip, you can see a guest actor, another guy from Oz: Lee Tergesen. Looks like a torturer/interrogator.

Clevinger

where's that gif of the asian dude with cartoony streams of tears?

that's the only appropriate gif if Fusco dies

edit: thanks, tug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom