• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokam

Really looking forward to next week's episode and the rest of the season. And now I want to know what the fuck Finch...

ZenaxPure

Obvious spoilers ahead.

She didn't deserve to go this way, but hey, maybe they will ressurrect her at the begining of next episode! Showing her in a coma in a hospital bed. (not gonna happen)

Well, in all seriousness, this can be used to take the plot/characters in other directions. If they want to take the focus of the story away from HR (which they NEED to because they are one step away from cartoon level bad guys at this point) taking Carter out of the equation makes that a lot easier. It's not as big a deal with Fusco since he isn't even in half the episodes anyway. They've already set up a new bad guy entity this season along with government stuff that still has yet to be resolved so there is a lot of other stuff to focus on.

Of course I'm not suggesting they couldn't move the plot in the same direction with Carter still there, but, her death could be the catalyst that moves things forward. Really the possibilities are endless, I hope they don't waste the opportunity (assuming she is actually gone).

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Really looking forward to next week's episode and the rest of the season. And now I want to know what the fuck Finch...

Will be the beginning of his arc, that'll involve releasing Root, with guilt weighing heavy on him. Maybe even some anger at the Machine from Finch.

John will become harsher, and that'll be it's own problem. He's going to murder death itself.

Which will probably lead to Shaw trying to bring him back from the brink, which also "awakens" her emotions.

Fusco will grow 2 more arms, for 4 X Guns Blazing Destruction. Truly a Horror Story in the making.

I'm sorry, I love this show, but they didn't handle that well at all.
I didn't like that ending at all. Felt rushed and not earned.

Will stick with the show of course but bummed out they dropped the ball with that ending. Again, no problem with it happening but don't like how it was handled.

Nobility

Banned
I am very distraught right now, I saw the signs but I refused to accept it.

The game has evolved.

I just saw who's writing the next episode. They are bringing the big guns for part 3.

I'm angry, I'm hoping the writers shift the conversation about going on the offensive.

Essentially, it needs to be the POI version of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNwvHEme_JE&t=1m14s

Time to show them who's the King of NY.

trinest

What if she isn't dead and its a setup for who they really kill?

Not having seen this weeks episode, can someone detail me a spoiler summery?

I'm sorry, I love this show, but they didn't handle that well at all.
I didn't like that ending at all. Felt rushed and not earned.

Will stick with the show of course but bummed out they dropped the ball with that ending. Again, no problem with it happening but don't like how it was handled.
For me it felt like it was earned last week they just delayed till this episode.

Sonicbug

I've been told. My dad and I aren't buying it. Granted, I haven't seen the scene in question yet, but way too many death flags.... way too TV. Then again, maybe I give the writers too much credit.

Nobility

Banned
I just had to go look at the promo for the next episode...

190L5MU.png

ZenaxPure

So, chances of Reese letting Root free in exchange for having the machine find Simmons?

Based on the promo it seems like she gets free next week, so yeah.

Ripclawe

Banned
honestly, not surprised because Carter's story is done, HR is down to one guy and the ex deputy mayor. It would have been nice for her to find out abou the machine

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Spoiler alert for those who haven't seen this yet:

What really got into me at this episode's conclusion is that her death was done in a pretty dumb way, it doesn't feel right at all. Like f me how many time goes by since HR's dismantle and they REALLY can't find Simmons? This is some top level bullsh*t. Carter didn't have to die at all, just write her off, make she quit police force to focus on her son, travel with him to live somewhere else I DON'T KNOW, just don't do it like it had no meaning.

It all sounded like the writers gone "Hey this was an awesome episode and all, but we forgot to kill someone at the end like we promised!" "Lets just have this guy shoot them randomly at the end, fixed."

She didn't deserve to go this way, but hey, maybe they will ressurrect her at the begining of next episode! Showing her in a coma in a hospital bed. (not gonna happen)

I'm so pissed off right now.

I'm actually more surprised that you weren't bothered by how
John kissed Carter right out of nowhere. Wasn't he with Zoe anyway?

Simmons had proven to know his way around, he pretty much knows how everything works, I'm pretty sure
he followed Carter to the 3rd Precinct and that's where he shot them.
EDIT: After all, I'm pretty sure that some time had passed between all of that. Remember:
Finch went to congratulate Carter when there was daylight, and when John got out it was already at night.

I said damn, people. DAMN. I was almost crying with Fusco.

kurbaan

Banned
OMG WTF. SWERVE holy shit! I cant belive this. Good god I am in shock just finished the episode. This damn show.

tumblr_lhnimecYu01qbptza_original.png

CARTER NOOOO

tumblr_lvlz54poyf1qcf7e1.gif

Wiktor

Damn...Carter :( Reese will go berzerk next ep.

Still...at least we got to see Fusco being complete badass.

hanzo

Banned
Once John kissed her, you knew what was gonna happen. Crazy ending. This show is awesome! Other shows should be ashamed. I am looking at you NCIS LA. You don't deserve to be in front of POI.

kurbaan

Banned
This was the best way they could have done it. If it was like regular TV all drawn out dramatic bs. But not i just happened and you are in shock just like Harold

SkyOdin

What really got into me at this episode's conclusion is that her death was done in a pretty dumb way, it doesn't feel right at all. Like f me how many time goes by since HR's dismantle and they REALLY can't find Simmons? This is some top level bullsh*t. Carter didn't have to die at all, just write her off, make she quit police force to focus on her son, travel with him to live somewhere else I DON'T KNOW, just don't do it like it had no meaning.
SInce I don't know exactly what I should be spoiler texting at this point:
Did you see the machine sequence where it was tracking news of the HR bust and mentioned that Simmons was yet to be apprehended? That was immediately followed by a very rapid sequence of flipping between different camera images. In other words, the machine was looking for Simmons, and it failed to find him. Simmons managed to evade the sight of the machine itself.

Really, the story of HR isn't going to end until Simmons is brought to justice. While Quinn was its leader, Simmons was its face, its muscle, and its central figure. For most of Person of Interest, Simmons was HR. Stopping Quinn wasn't enough to stop HR's most capable and violent member.

The last scene was sudden and possibly a little too fast, but it does make sense that Simmons would stalk Carter to get his revenge. He is a person with nothing to lose and who knows nothing but retaliation.

What makes me nervous is that the phone didn't stop ringing after Carter's tragic passing. It is certainly possible that it wasn't trying to warn Finch of Carter's impending death, it was trying to warn him of the impending consequences of her death. I'm half afraid that it is going to call in Reese's number as a potential perpetrator.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Did you see the machine sequence where it was tracking news of the HR bust and mentioned that Simmons was yet to be apprehended? That was immediately followed by a very rapid sequence of flipping between different camera images. In other words, the machine was looking for Simmons, and it failed to find him. Simmons managed to evade the sight of the machine itself.

Really, the story of HR isn't going to end until Simmons is brought to justice. While Quinn was its leader, Simmons was its face, its muscle, and its central figure. For most of Person of Interest, Simmons was HR. Stopping Quinn wasn't enough to stop HR's most capable and violent member.

The last scene was sudden and possibly a little too fast, but it does make sense that Simmons would stalk Carter to get his revenge. He is a person with nothing to lose and who knows nothing but retaliation.

What makes me nervous is that the phone didn't stop ringing after Carter's tragic passing. It is certainly possible that it wasn't trying to warn Finch of Carter's impending death, it was trying to warn him of the impending consequences of her death. I'm half afraid that it is going to call in Reese's number as a potential perpetrator.
That, or the dozens of HR peeps he's gon merc.

I too have wonder why HR has been able to elude The Machine, and now wonder if they have had some interactions with Vigilance. HR seems to be anti cell phone., because of tracing.

Sober

Hey guys, regular spoiler rules apply so don't bother going all CIA on us with stuff that's aired in the EST. Also blind speculation doesn't need spoilers. And at least preface what you have hidden under that damn text if you feel like you need to be extra careful.

Once John kissed her, you knew what was gonna happen. Crazy ending. This show is awesome! Other shows should be ashamed. I am looking at you NCIS LA. You don't deserve to be in front of POI.

Yeah once they kissed I thought "Yep, one of them is gonna die". It's a shame as Carter was my favorite character and I always loved her and John's interactions/chemistry. Then the past few episodes really reaffirmed it for me only for her to be ripped away. However, there were a few key things I saw that I figured they couldn't come back from like John and Carter kissing and Carter having a fairly good idea about the machine. I'd love for there to be some twist where we find out Carter knew Simmons would come after her so she faked her death with something they found in the morgue. At the same time that'd seem like the show is too afraid to kill off a main character. Unless Carter joined the team fully there would eventually come a point where her character would reach an end. Her HR plot was already diverting pretty far from what the rest of the crew was doing and the direction the show has been headed in since midway through S2. Overall, I'm curious how the final episode will be for The Endgame. Given how many loops we've been thrown in this season this next episode almost seems deceptively simple.

hanzo

Banned
Man all these episodes could be season finales. How many episodes left? Is endgame the last episodes this season?

kurbaan

Banned
Yeah once they kissed I thought "Yep, one of them is gonna die". It's a shame as Carter was my favorite character and I always loved her and John's interactions/chemistry. Then the past few episodes really reaffirmed it for me only for her to be ripped away. However, there were a few key things I saw that I figured they couldn't come back from like John and Carter kissing and Carter having a fairly good idea about the machine. I'd love for there to be some twist where we find out Carter knew Simmons would come after her so she faked her death with something they found in the morgue. At the same time that'd seem like the show is too afraid to kill off a main character. Unless Carter joined the team fully there would eventually come a point where her character would reach an end. Her HR plot was already diverting pretty far from what the rest of the crew was doing and the direction the show has been headed in since midway through S2. Overall, I'm curious how the final episode will be for The Endgame. Given how many loops we've been thrown in this season this next episode almost seems deceptively simple.

I saw the John and Carter kiss coming because this whole season they been getting buddy buddy, the only reason I didnt think it would happen was because of the other girl with John occasionally.

But man if they can kill off Carter NO ONE is safe. I fear for all the characters now.

Man all these episodes could be season finales. How many episodes left? Is endgame the last episodes this season?
Next week I believe is the mid season finale and then they take a winter break and come back in January/February.
I saw the John and Carter kiss coming because this whole season they been getting buddy buddy, the only reason I didnt think it would happen was because of the other girl with John occasionally.

But man if they can kill off Carter NO ONE is safe. I fear for all the characters now.
Yeah you could see the tenderness between the two especially last episode. I wasn't sure if they would go there or just leave the audience guessing whether they are interested in each other or not.

I disagree. I think Harold and Reese are the two core characters, their dynamic is one of the major appeals of this show and they are always front and center. Carter in a lot of the back half of S2 and a couple episodes at the beginning of S3 pushed to the background. The show would have to have balls of steel to kill one of those two off. I could see the show have Harold die at the end of the show or as an attempt to reinvent itself if it gets renewed past the standard 4 seasons.

No GIFs tonight. I just... can't.

I just can't.

This entire episode... I felt like I was on the verge of a heart attack. I couldn't tell who would and wouldn't die. I mean, I can talk about individual moments, but... my God. What an episode. I did not see that coming. For a moment, I was happy that everyone survived relatively unscathed. But no. That shit hurts my heart.

A lot of people are going to die next week.

kurbaan

Banned
Next week I believe is the mid season finale and then they take a winter break and come back in January/February.

Yeah you could see the tenderness between the two especially last episode. I wasn't sure if they would go there or just leave the audience guessing whether they are interested in each other or not.

I disagree. I think Harold and Reese are the two core characters, their dynamic is one of the major appeals of this show and they are always front and center. Carter in a lot of the back half of S2 and a couple episodes at the beginning of S3 pushed to the background. The show would have to have balls of steel to kill one of those two off. I could see the show have Harold die at the end of the show or as an attempt to reinvent itself if it gets renewed past the standard 4 seasons.

Well I guess I meant all the main characters aside from those 2. To me Carter had become pretty much as much a main character as either of them.

Also what i dont get is why is this show not on Neflix. I've been telling lot of people to watch it but its not on Netflix. I think if they atleast put up the first 2 seasons the show would go crazy in popularity since people can actually see how amazing it is.

Wiktor

Also...all that drama and tension made me forget for a whole what Root said, that Reese isn't his first partner. We need more Finch's flashbacks.

RangersFan

holy shit. this is the best network prime-time procedural show of all-time. i fucking knew it once they kissed that carter was a goner. and then when she confirmed to finch she knew there was a machine it was all but done at this point in wrapping her story up. :(

Rokam

Honestly when she brought up the machine I half expected a twist that the machine let her get killed or some shit. It has got to go evil at some point.

ZenaxPure

Also, Fusco continues to be a goddamn genuine badass.

Honestly the dude deserves an emmy for this episode, like seriously he was amazing. That strangling scene is one of the most unsettling things I think I've ever seen in television. Like holy shit his face.

Honestly when she brought up the machine I half expected a twist that the machine let her get killed or some shit. It has got to go evil at some point.

I patiently await the season where it's Finch/Reese vs. the Machine. Since it has freewill and all that now I can only imagine they will do something to threaten it at some point (like trying to find it) and it'll want to dispose of them.

I'm actually more surprised that you weren't bothered by how
John kissed Carter right out of nowhere. Wasn't he with Zoe anyway?

Them feels at that moment, didn't know how to deal with it but decided I had no problem since the two of them always had a great chemistry. Still got a feeling that it was a little forced anyway. Zoe was most a casual thing if I got it right.

I don't know how to deal with it really. I am still pissed about how they did it, the Machine not finding him just seemed (to me) a little too convenient to make the plot move forward the way they wanted.

Yes I'm really intrigued by that, but maybe it was for dramatic effect like someone pointed earlier.

But don't get me wrong, I was expecting it to happen since last episode, where they wrapped up her character really well, I just don't like the way they did it.

Rokam

I really hope going forward Fusco gets more screen time. And that they address the fact that Reese still treats him like shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom