• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/person_...ai_battles_and_the_root_and_shaw_ship-2014-05

Greg and Jonah Nolan talk about s3 finale and what's coming for s4 I liked this bit:

It kind of all coalesced very nicely in a monster twist where Mr. Greer drank Mr. Collier's milkshake.

:lol

Some of that interview brings up more flashes of theories in my brain. The talk about "up till now, Reese and Shaw have more or less been able to just do "the cool stuff" and never had to have a secret identity to protect." They do now.

This makes me wonder...will actually get to the point they were masks when they go out and do their saving, making it a full on superhero show :lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
:lol

Some of that interview brings up more flashes of theories in my brain. The talk about "up till now, Reese and Shaw have more or less been able to just do "the cool stuff" and never had to have a secret identity to protect." They do now.

This makes me wonder...will actually get to the point they were masks when they go out and do their saving, making it a full on superhero show :lol

Probably more like pretend they aren't super spies which they rarely do, maybe a bit more like Burn Notice

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, I just realized. For whatever reason the other people that worked with them from time to time didn't make the "kill list". I guess those characters have basically been forgotten.

Lonestar

Well, the 7 people absolutely know about The Machine, and know about Greer/Decima/Samaritan and what they really do (like create a terrorist organization and blow up buildings filled with people). One of the 3 Hackers is a former Vigilance member (Decima really was big on wiping out Vigilance post-startup), another basically started the plotline that lead Finch to secretly free The Machine (through the Ordos Laptop, to Kara's Virus and ending in God Mode).

Fusco, Leon, Zoe, Grace and all the various POI's currently have no clue about the big picture that's happening. Now, they might get in danger going into the future (thinking, once Greer realizes it can't find Finch, what's keeping him from doing the exact same thing again?)

Wonder if the people that know of the machine (thinking about Henry Peck) but weren't involved going forward, will be marked for being deviant/targeted.

Odds are, chunks of those people will show up among the Deviant List, but they just aren't on Greer's predetermined Hitlist of 7.

Wiktor

I can't stand procedurals and POI is currently my favorite show on TV. They've always done a good job at mixing the case of the week part with various ongoing storylines, all the way from the second episode. I don't mind it if there is a bit of both, but, 100% procedurals kill me, I've lost interest in all of them I've ever watched which is a shame in recent cases like Almost Human where I loved everything about the show, but, after the 4th or 5th episode I completely forgot it was even airing because I lost interest that fast.

I think even the most pure procedurals need to have some serialized parts these days. Hitting reset every episode was only working in 80s and earlier. PoI is at it's heart a procedural, just the best written one ever, as they manage to tie up cases into larger narrative and use them to push the main arcs forward. And those arcs change the landscape enough that even during regular cases you feel like things are moving forward.

ZenaxPure

I think even the most pure procedurals need to have some serialized parts these days.

I don't disagree at all, I wish more did. Currently the only shows with case of the week-like elements I watch are POI and White Collar, both of which have a core story that gets weaved in somehow (though the one in this season of White Collar was a bit... eh). I used to watch a lot more stuff (even straight up cop shows like Castle and Bones) but I've just lost interest in hitting the reset button each week.

Dennis

Banned
Crushing disappointment. Season finale was terrible.

Sure the last five minutes was fine but the rest of it with the courtroom focus was fucking awful.

Oh well, season as a whole was great and I am fully on board with Season 4.

Shaw, stay hot.

Chariot

jbnwIAtksB9GRP.png

Rokam

This interview with Jonah & Greg is fantastic. Jonah even brings up how the show is a lot like Batman. You guys should really listen to this! Spoilers for all seasons. Link

Apoc29

Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| Watch dogs watch dogs

Really good finale, and one of the best full seasons of TV ever!

I do question, however, how Root's plan is going to work out...

Greer: Yo, Samaritan! Why you ain't found them fools I aksed you to cap?
Samaritan: They are irrelevant.
Greer: Wut? Lemme call tech support... (10 minutes later) K, they relevant now. Ice'em.

Patryn

Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| Watch dogs watch dogs

Really good finale, and one of the best full seasons of TV ever!

I do question, however, how Root's plan is going to work out...

Greer: Yo, Samaritan! Why you ain't found them fools I aksed you to cap?
Samaritan: They are irrelevant.
Greer: Wut? Lemme call tech support... (10 minutes later) K, they relevant now. Ice'em.

I suspect that they're in the machine twice: once as their real "dangerous" identity, and once with their fake one. However, their fake identities take priority so when Samaritan sees them it classifies them under their fake identity.

So if Greer asked Samaritan to find the machine gang, it'd report that it couldn't because all it would see is the cover identities. I have a feeling this answer would satisfy Greer, as it would make sense that they'd take steps to hide from Samaritan's view and given their experience they would have some knowledge of how to do that.

However, given what Root said, if the gang starts acting out of character for their cover identity it's possible that Samaritan may realize that it's got two sets of records for each of them and then reclassify them as their "dangerous" identity.

I'm guessing the early season 4 will be about them balancing hiding in their new identities while also saving people. Because you know the numbers will still keep coming. I can see some early scenes where we see Finch and Reese ignoring ringing phones.

This interview with Jonah & Greg is fantastic. Jonah even brings up how the show is a lot like Batman. You guys should really listen to this! Spoilers for all seasons. Link
Yeah this show is a lot like Batman in certain aspects. John definitely goves off that vibe and Harold sometimes gives off an Alfred/Oracle vibe. Although Harold's ideals about not killing and self sacrifice also somewhat remind me of Clark Kent/Superman. Root also initially gave off a very Harley Quinn/Joker esque character before becoming the good guy. Greer is essentially a Lex Luthor figure. Interesting how they make the comparison that they have never had to have secret identities until next season making them more like superheroes.

Chariot

LOL Thanks!

I hate to be greedy but can I get a gif too or is it way too large?

Getting ready for E3...
"Deal with it" or Please understand" might go well with this
Here you go.

ibf38RHhBbC9gm.gif

I guess, it loops too early, if you want to text it, I should make the last scene last a bit longer, aye?

edit:
ibeUZrxxGWKUke.gif

With a one second freeze frame. That ok?

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Really hard to talk about the ending in here :p

But technically, no, John is no longer an "admin". That was a 24 hour thing. Admin rights revoked afterwards. After the Machine was freed, though, the full power of the Machine saw it needed a human interface it could talk to, and chose Root (assuming it saw was just happened coming). Maybe it felt it could control her better than Reese. Who knows.
The Machine probably came to the same conclusion as Lionel and figured she was coo coo for cocoa puffs and therefore would be a little more malleable than Reese or Shaw, who while being strange and detached, don't need a full-time supervisor to keep them from painting the wall with feces.

exYle

I remember a couple of months ago someone posted an article comparing 24 to POI in regards to American cultural moods post 9/11 - 24 represented hatred and revenge, while POI represented regret. I can't find it, can anyone help?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Was looking at the steam store front looking at Watch Dogs, now I might just be imagining it because I binged on PoI for the last 2 weeks but the watch dogs guy totally looks like Reese doesn't he (well his eyes at least since he has a hat and face bandana)?

Chariot

Was looking at the steam store front looking at Watch Dogs, now I might just be imagining it because I binged on PoI for the last 2 weeks but the watch dogs guy totally looks like Reese doesn't he (well his eyes at least since he has a hat and face bandana)?
No, I got the feeling too, he even talks in a similiar way to Reese. Thats why I made the picture without changing anything about Aiden.
It would be really funny if Reese' secret identity would be Aiden or Pierce or Aiden Pierce and Watch_Doga seriously need Person of Interest DLCs.

Rhaknar

Reading all these interviews I'm glad that the root x Shaw vibe wasn't just in my head, I wa starting to feel like a pervert lol.

I bet the thread went a wee but crazy when it started happening :p wish I had seen the eps live with you guys, oh well, there's always season 4

Tamanon

Banned
No, I got the feeling too, he even talks in a similiar way to Reese. Thats why I made the picture without changing anything about Aiden.
It would be really funny if Reese' secret identity would be Aiden or Pierce or Aiden Pierce and Watch_Doga seriously need Person of Interest DLCs.

Bear as DLC.

First Billion seller DLC.

Hyunkel6

I don't want to browse too much through the thread because of spoilers, but just popping in to say that this show is awesome. I just finished episode 16 of Season 2, and I was at the edge of my seat the whole time. One of the best episodes for me. I thought Season 1 was ok, but Season 2 is turning to be quite awesome. Can't wait to dive in Season 3, and be up-to-date with the show.

Phlebas

Banned
I don't want to browse too much through the thread because of spoilers, but just popping in to say that this show is awesome. I just finished episode 16 of Season 2, and I was at the edge of my seat the whole time. One of the best episodes for me. I thought Season 1 was ok, but Season 2 is turning to be quite awesome. Can't wait to dive in Season 3, and be up-to-date with the show.

The Season Finales continually top themselves, Season 2 is my personal favorite but the Season 3 finale is really good also.

Sober

Person of Interest S4 |OT| When Two Gods Go To War
Person of Interest S4 |OT| Under New Surveillance
Person of Interest S4 |OT| Dei Ex Machina

Rhaknar

got a shit ton of stuff to watch, but all I want is to rewatch seasons 1-3 o_O

Lonestar

Like Jonathan Nolan said:

"We are the show that started as science fiction and by season 3 is like a documentary"

And might be why they've just ahead with the potential of a full on orwellian nightmare in Samaritan/Decima. Gotta get ahead of the curve again.

...hopefully a fictional curve...

But I doubt it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom