• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Jonathan Nolan said:

"We are the show that started as science fiction and by season 3 is like a documentary"

I know right? I wouldn't wonder if the show gets cancelled mysteriously, because its too spot on.
I was shocked, when the Snowden Leaks happened and when I found out about "Domain Awareness".

And might be why they've just ahead with the potential of a full on orwellian nightmare in Samaritan/Decima. Gotta get ahead of the curve again.

...hopefully a fictional curve...

But I doubt it :(
Even to the point that there where 2 programs at the time and one of them was shut down over the other.
And to the fact that the one the "real government" chose was Sumerian and the one PoI government chose was THE MACHINE.

And the fact that just like in PoI, ThinThread was anonymous just like the machine in PoI but the "real government" wanted "the program" because that was not anonymous.

Blows my mind so much is crazy :O

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
There's some leaked footage on Watch_Dogs on the other side of GAF. No story, just a little bit of open world running around. Feeling confident I'll like the game. Don't see any game destroying control issues and graphics look fine.

Tamanon

Banned
There's some leaked footage on Watch_Dogs on the other side of GAF. No story, just a little bit of open world running around. Feeling confident I'll like the game. Don't see any game destroying control issues and graphics look fine.

Yeah, I'm stoked for it. Picking up a PS4 and Watch Dogs when it comes out. Finally making the jump.

Chariot

VIDEO: FRONTLINE: United States of Secrets (Part One)

TRULY TRULY INSANE ! how much like PoI it is like 99% of all the information of this video is like PoI.
Insane how accurate the show has been :O:O
I am almost through. Very interesting... and scary. Maybe Nolan and Abrahms are working secretly for a Insider who feed the informations on this way, where the government wouldn't see it and could'nt attack it, after it already was let loose. /put on tinfoil hat

Is there a list with RL things that have directly to do with Person of Interest? Especialy the things Person of Interest showed before any public leakage.

I am buying it anyway, downgrades, I don't care. I have to feel the empyness that POI left me with ;___;

Kansoku

WHY DID I WATCHED THE FINALE BEFORE GOING TO SLEEP? ;-;

Everyone's homework for the summer is to get at least 1 person to watch the show. NTGYK you have to get 20.

I've been recommending it to two friends since second season, but they don't listen to me :(

Does anyone who watches POI think that the NSA's surveillance program should be allowed? Or is this venn diagram true?

jzVffuI.png

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I think ThinThread had it right with the privacy filters and encryption. However, the government even having the power to remove this encrypting code defeats the point.

Hell, I'd be more trustful of an AI like the Machine, but not to the point where it classifies people like Samaritan.

I'm kinda ambivalent to it. I'm a foreigner in US eyes, so I'm spied on freely either way.

Dear god, whoever comes up with those licensed soundtrack choices deserves an award. Each and every song used this season was so appropriately matched with what was happening.

Even though I knew where the ending was leading to after the senator episode, the ending still gave me chills with all that happened.

However, I have to add the courtroom part left me a bit cold.

Tugatrix

Does anyone who watches POI think that the NSA's surveillance program should be allowed? Or is this venn diagram true?

jzVffuI.png

I think a program like the machine I would be ok with it, given that the machine protects privacy, act only as an informant would. But like the NSA does is ethically wrong, I have nothing to hide but that isn't the point, the point is what someone else can do with my data. The people behind the program can use it against political adversaries and so on.

NSA program must be shut down or at very least revert to his original form, in which the data would be immediately encrypted as soon as it detects no ties to terrorism

Kansoku

That room where Collier used to meet with the other guys, that have the writings on the wall; is it the same one where the crew got trapped and almost blown up or I am misremembering things?

Chariot

jzVffuI.png
No, I dont like that. But I would be interested what a country or at least city would like that is controlled by an advanced KI like Samaratian. Why do we have dozens of Disneyland, but no Dystopiatopia?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Dear god, whoever comes up with those licensed soundtrack choices deserves an award. Each and every song used this season was so appropriately matched with what was happening.

Even though I knew where the ending was leading to after the senator episode, the ending still gave me chills with all that happened.

However, I have to add the courtroom part left me a bit cold.

I actually quite liked the cpurtroom scene, it was a bit cheesy yeah but I like how each character thought they were doing the right thing. Each had valid points. The whole scene was basically a big debate on the survelliance state, and I loved it.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Probably for use in some shitty pub not an epic cut scene.

If I heard right, you can put any song of the game in a setlist and play it at any moment, like driving and on foot.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Started over from season 1 (lol) and in the first episode, Harold has some never to be seen again goons working for him, the ones that being Reese to him, what's up with that? Maybe they were going in a different direction with Harold in the pilot?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They make it seem like he has his own private army as well, but that quickly disappears.

Yup that's the vibe I got too. They actually disappear half way through the episode too, so who knows what they had planned. Doesnt matter anyway, just a little thing (I'm sure I'll notice a lot of those now that I'm watching all of it again)

Edit: also have you guys noticed that all 3 seasons ended with Harold kidnapped? Twice by Root (guess you could argue the second time he went voluntarily but still) and now Greer :)

ZenaxPure

Started over from season 1 (lol) and in the first episode, Harold has some never to be seen again goons working for him, the ones that being Reese to him, what's up with that? Maybe they were going in a different direction with Harold in the pilot?

The pilot is weird, part of me wishes they could re-shoot it. Reese has a yellow square despite not knowing about the machine, the room where Harold does his work in the library is a completely different room, no machine UI, and Reese isn't wearing a suit! (ok that's not an oversight, but, it always makes me feel weird when I watch the first episode).

Also, I'm not a police officer nor do I understand the inner workings of them, but I've always wondered why Carter was there when Reese got picked up and why she was the one questioning him. I thought she worked homicides.

Tugatrix

The pilot is weird, part of me wishes they could re-shoot it. Reese has a yellow square despite not knowing about the machine, the room where Harold does his work in the library is a completely different room, no machine UI, and Reese isn't wearing a suit! (ok that's not an oversight, but, it always makes me feel weird when I watch the first episode).

Also, I'm not a police officer nor do I understand the inner workings of them, but I've always wondered why Carter was there when Reese got picked up and why she was the one questioning him. I thought she worked homicides.

Jess boyfriend death I guess, the alternative doesn't make sense

ZenaxPure

The machine goes back through old footage and reclassifies people.

Sure, but I'm not talking about old footage. Outside of flashbacks the show works in present day and characters don't have yellow squares until they learn about the machine. Reese has a yellow square in (what was then) present day despite not knowing about the machine.

Obviously this is because they didn't have things fully figured out in the pilot, I get that, it just makes watching the first episode weird.

Phlebas

Banned
Sure, but I'm not talking about old footage. Outside of flashbacks the show works in present day and characters don't have yellow squares until they learn about the machine. Reese has a yellow square in (what was then) present day despite not knowing about the machine.

Obviously this is because they didn't have things fully figured out in the pilot, I get that, it just makes watching the first episode weird.

I was thinking about that after I responded, the inconsistencies don't take away too much though.

Rhaknar

Rewatching season 1 is a bummer, there is no Root or Shaw :(

faridmon

Bloody Hell, what a finale. Samaritan, Decima twist, the Courthouse, ROOT X SHAW, Heirch going out like a hero, Greer's cool and calm swag all over the place and dat ending!

THIS SHOW, THIS FUCKING SHOW!!!!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
made a few posts, but decided to hold off on a statement of "Procedural Hate is as annoying as Downgradeton Hate"

The show functions as a Procedural better in some aspects than the X-Files did.

If we can somehow get another couple converts, who gets the claims on them :p

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Too late, NTGYK, I've already claimed one!

Can't believe we're kinda trying to convert gaming-side haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom