• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – The Fifth and Final Season |OT| "Thank you for creating me."

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the first episode of this show and did not thought much of it. Is the first episode a good indication of the overall quality of the show, or does it get much better?

Nah. It's been a while but from what I remember, it took them a few episodes to find their feet. Give it another chance, it's well worth it, especially once you get into Seasons 2 and 3.

Guys don't forget this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EivwWSehovI

The ending is so bleak, but the show was able to go even bleaker

I was just coming back to post this. Still the GOAT ending for me, though for some reason there's no youtube video that has the whole thing. The back to back scenes of the police breaching the house and Team Machine running through the forest represents some of the best cinematography they've ever done on the show (and no youtube video is going to do that justice, alas):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc_dyqFmKys

edit -

Yes! This is probably my favorite after Death Benefit. Great song choice, and a great episode. Control is my favorite villain on the show.

Cipherr

Wow, reading that synopsis; shit must have hit the fan after I stopped watching in season 2 or thereabouts..... The original machine is gone? And that copycat one took over?

Jesus...

Sober

I watched the first episode of this show and did not thought much of it. Is the first episode a good indication of the overall quality of the show, or does it get much better?

Check out the newcomer thread. There's a rough outline in there. But basically you should watch at least eps 1-10 to get a good feel for the show. If you really only care about the sci-fi-ish elements, watch 13 and then 22.

If you really don't care about being spoiled, highlight this:
basically the mass surveillance system one of the main characters created is more than just a plot device for them to play vigilante in NYC. It's an AI and the show basically goes cyberpunk.

Sober, where did you get your season 5 schedule?

I also have a season 5 schedule, but it is a bit different, some dates have changed and some titles are not in the same order.

Do you want me to post the one that I have?

Sober

Sober, where did you get your season 5 schedule?

I also have a season 5 schedule, but it is a bit different, some dates have changed and some titles are not in the same order.

Do you want me to post the one that I have?
I know for sure the first 5 episodes cause there are CBS press releases with the broadcast date on them. I haven't seen past that or found any, so lemme know if it's not right (literally the episodes before that week).

zFxCHht.gif

This thread has got me watching POI clips now and feeling nostalgic and here's another good ending I had totally forgot about, all the way back in S1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpF00oOcucE

This is the only time I can remember where the song actually stops, and the episode goes on a little longer, but then they bring the song back at just the right beat. Surprising emotional depth in that final exchange, too.

"Thank you. For giving me a job."
"Try the eggs benedict, Mr. Reese. I've had them many times."

Goddamn I am going to miss this show so much. :(

I know for sure the first 5 episodes cause there are CBS press releases with the broadcast date on them. I haven't seen past that or found any, so lemme know if it's not right (literally the episodes before that week).
What I used to make my schedule:
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/person-of-interest/listings/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1839578/episodes?season=5

If all these dates are right, we only need to find the correct order for the episodes titles.

• May 3:
    Tuesday at 10 P.M.
    Episode 1 -
    B.S.O.D.
  • May 9:
    Monday at 10 P.M.
    Episode 2 -
    SNAFU
  • May 10:
    Tuesday at 10 P.M.
    Episode 3 -
    Truth Be Told
  • May 16:
    Monday at 10 P.M.
    Episode 4 -
  • May 17:
    Tuesday at 10 P.M.
    Episode 5 -
    ShotSeeker
  • May 23:
    Monday at 10 P.M.
    Episode 6 -
    A More Perfect Union
  • May 24:
    Tuesday at 9 P.M.
    Episode 7 -
    QSO
  • May 24:
    Tuesday at 10 P.M.
    Episode 8 -
    Reassortment
  • May 30:
    Monday at 10 P.M.
    Episode 9 -
    Sotto Voce
    or
    Line Hunt
    (?)
  • May 31:
    Tuesday at 10 P.M.
    Episode 10 -
    The Day the World Went Away
  • June 7:
    Tuesday at 10 P.M.
    Episode 11 -
    Synecdoche
  • June 14:
    Tuesday at 10 P.M.
    Episode 12 -
    .exe
  • June 21:
    Tuesday at 10 P.M.
    Episode 13 -
    Return 0

Sheppard

I can't find a clip of it but one of the best endings was when the number song from dj shadow started playing, was so amazing.

In my head, Person of Interest is a prequel to Westworld, set decades in the past at the dawn of AI in the shadows of the world, while Westworld is in the future when AI comes out of the shadows and into the public sphere.

Sölf

The first few episodes are basically Monster of the Week episodes. In Episode 3/4 it shows that there are some things in the background, but Episode 7 is imo the turning point where you see that the show has much more to offer, because that's when some of the overall storylines really start. If you haven't been hooked after watching Episode 7, I don't think you will get hooked anyway.

Kookos

Subscribed!

PoI has been my favourite show since Lost ended, so I'm sad to see it go. Still hoping for that Harold x Grace reunion. :)

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

This one is so good. If I remember correctly, my perception of the Machine was that it predicted crimes, but this sequence was amazing in the way that it pretty much looked into the future to coordinate the events, which was fully shown in If-Then-Else. The best of all was to see Shaw and John's reactions. The song is pretty damn badass as well.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I really like this show and am sad it is ending.

MartyStu

On my re-Watch I am just finishing up with Season 2 and fuck, I forgot how much I loved Nathan and Hersh.

Especially Hersh. I really miss this dude.

My secret wish for this season:

Hersh pops out at some point and proceeds to silently and efficiently snap some necks.

Sober

IGN: Person of Interest Creators Preview an Exciting, Explosive Final Season

Greg Plageman: Once we saw the reduced episode order, we took that as writing on the wall, really. And rather than write some ending where we tread water with some bizarre finale where you don't know if the show will come back or if we'll be back the next year with only a few episodes, we were like "Screw that. Let's give it a satisfying ending." Let's make it as exciting and explosive as possible. And then we'll drop the mic. And then walk away from it. And then some day, who knows?

Literally the best moment on TV.

It helps that I am such a huge fucking fan of Floyd. Legit chills during that scene, especially the moment I recognized what I was hearing (which was immediately). It's actually changed how I listen to the song, lol.

It's a travesty this show has to end damn network

To be honest, I've always felt the show was best fit for a 5-6 season arc. As much as I love it, I never wanted it to go on longer than that, because I thought that would be the absolute perfect length, and the ongoing arc of the series always felt like it was progressing towards an ending point around there.

But damn if the circumstances surrounding the ending weren't dumb. :|

Sober

Let's do this.

"B.S.O.D."

Reese and Finch try to save the Machine's source code before it deteriorates; Root struggles to survive an onslaught of Samaritan's agents; Fusco faces tough questions following the deaths of Dominic and Elias.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom