• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – The Fifth and Final Season |OT| "Thank you for creating me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
lol ok, the writers twittered a story on the air force setting 1000 ps3's to make a supercomputer.

Lonestar

We need a topic title change, maybe even need to be moved to the gaming forum.

Salvation runs on PS3's

Well, time to get me a liquid nitrogen tank...

This episode was awesome. A great way to start off this final...season.

Crap, I just got sad again...

Nobility

Banned
This show...

3o7qE6Ti1weytsTSy4.gif

Doorman

The tension of everything overheating and all of the "it's red-lining!" "we're going to lose her!" stuff kind of lost me, but at least things might be kind of back maybe!

Not really sure how Samaritan went from being able to manually track all of them to somehow Reese's cover being re-established while in the police station, but I suppose for as far as everything's come so far, there are bound to be more plot-holes showing up.

ZenaxPure

Cell processor redeemed. Holy shit, so hilarious.

Episode was awesome, had me terrified the whole time, the Samaritan world looks bleak.

The tension of everything overheating and all of the "it's red-lining!" "we're going to lose her!" stuff kind of lost me, but at least things might be kind of back maybe!

Not really sure how Samaritan went from being able to manually track all of them to somehow Reese's cover being re-established while in the police station, but I suppose for as far as everything's come so far, there are bound to be more plot-holes showing up.

The Season 3 finale was called Deus Ex Machina, so they get to ride that convenience until the end.

We need a topic title change, maybe even need to be moved to the gaming forum.

Salvation runs on PS3's

Person of Interest |OT| The Final Season Starts at 599 US Dollars

Person of Interest |OT| All PSN outages are now Samaritan's fault

Person of Interest |OT| The Machine Needed Something That Could Do Everything.

I must say I did not like this episode. I miss the days of seasons 1 and 2 when the hour was full of action and intriguing plot. Tonight, most of last season, and really everything after the Carter three-parter I could do without.

Ill still watch the season to see how it ends but I guess I think the show made a wrong turn into science fiction nonsense and away from the things that entertained me and tonight's episode was a good microcosm of everything I find wrong with the series the last 2 years. And don't worry you won't see me in here complaining every week.

I must say I did not like this episode. I miss the days of seasons 1 and 2 when the hour was full of action and intriguing plot. Tonight, most of last season, and really everything after the Carter three-parter I could do without.

Ill still watch the season to see how it ends but I guess I think the show made a wrong turn into science fiction nonsense and away from the things that entertained me and tonight's episode was a good microcosm of everything I find wrong with the series the last 2 years. And don't worry you won't see me in here complaining every week.

You gobbled up that CBS procedural bait and got caught in a serialization net.

I don't think I've ever seen a single bad episode of this show. Even the case of the week style stuff that didn't really have anything to with the overall plot was always entertaining.

I don't think I've ever seen a single bad episode of this show. Even the case of the week style stuff that didn't really have anything to with the overall plot was always entertaining.

absolutely agree, just that I think the series have gotten progressively better..well except for season 4 which while awesome was slightly less awesome than season 3

All the technobabble from Root involving the PS3's was actually accurate. Hats off to the writers for doing their damn homework when only a small percentage would even know it to be true.

All the technobabble from Root involving the PS3's was actually accurate. Hats off to the writers for doing their damn homework when only a small percentage would even know it to be true.

The moment they showed the PS3 I was like "HOLY SHIT THEY'RE DOING A PS3-POWERED SUPER COMPUTER"

This season's Captain Crunch whistle moment.

Their cover identities are strongly linked to context. If they break the context their covers are linked to, or group up together, Samaritan is able to see past the false identities. The constant state of engagement after they bottled up the machine allowed Samaritan to continuously see them.

At this point the identities gotta be pretty flimsy and could completely fail at any time (I think the episode mentions this?) but it seems like, for now, if they can separate and position themselves into their identities' native environments, the "blind spot" hardware/software is still effective.

First episode and the bodies are already piling up. Heaven help us.

WhiteRabbitEXE said:
Their cover identities are strongly linked to context. If they break the context their covers are linked to, or group up together, Samaritan is able to see past the false identities. The constant state of engagement after they bottled up the machine allowed Samaritan to continuously see them.

At this point the identities gotta be pretty flimsy and could completely fail at any time (I think the episode mentions this?) but it seems like, for now, if they can separate and position themselves into their identities' native environments, the "blind spot" hardware/software is still effective.

Yup. The Samaritan POV shows "manual tracking" while it's following them, with an identity error. It could only see an enemy combatant and track them as such as long as it maintained a continuity of surveillance.

I can't imagine these cover identities are going to last this season, though...

First episode and the bodies are already piling up. Heaven help us.

Yup. The Samaritan POV shows "manual tracking" while it's following them, with an identity error. It could only see an enemy combatant and track them as such as long as it maintained a continuity of surveillance.

I can't imagine these cover identities are going to last this season, though...

Ooh, good catch with the identity error. I miss more Samaritan/Machine text than I'd like during first viewings because I sit pretty far from my TV relative to its size. :/

Lonestar

Husp34d.jpg

uTMQDje.jpg

Show has kind of kept close to being "real time". If memory serves, they will skip forward in time in show, to catch up to near "real time" at the back in of the season. As is, it's early May 2015.

Hard to get a good look at the bottom of the 1st column of the article, but it's really going with Elias being dead. Story facts on Elias and Dominic all look pretty accurate. Good Prop Work.

Also looksl like CBS went back over Fusco's dialogue. Pretty sure the scene where he says "Fuster Cluck" turned into something that sounded like Nuclear Facada.

MartyStu

Devil's Share was my absolute first episode of this show. I just finished re-watching it for what has to be the 5th time.

It STILL gets me how perfect it is from top to bottom.

Samaritan isn't actually able to track them down. If you look closely in Samaritan graphics showing search feeds to try and identify Reese, Groves, and Finch, it's still not able to discern who they are, just that they are a threat because they have the Machine's components. In fact, the only time Samaritan identified someone was Root because she blurted out her name, Reese and Finch are still unaffected due to Root's server shenanigans back in season 3.

TripOpt55

Pretty good episode. Some funny moments in there. I liked them transitioning to Root being stopped by the cop with the shotgun to her just having the shotgun on the street later. And then the guy at the vending machine. And of course, the power of the cell! Good start to the season. Excited to see how the show finishes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom