• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – The Fifth and Final Season |OT| "Thank you for creating me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobility

Banned
3o72F8upNu9FL6KIHm.gif

I just wanted to say, I didn't post on here much, but I enjoyed reading the posts and watching the show.

Starting a story is easy. You just say 'once upon a time...' and go from there. But endings are hard. And through it all, I feel that I (and hopefully) we got an ending that totally suited the show and was just masterful. I might dislike parts of this twisted journey, but when you put it all together and in the end, we got had one heck of a journey and one heck of a good show, and POI GAF has been a privilege to share it with.

*cue MGS4 salute*

I just wanted to say, I didn't post on here much, but I enjoyed reading the posts and watching the show.

Starting a story is easy. You just say 'once upon a time...' and go from there. But endings are hard. And through it all, I feel that I (and hopefully) we got an ending that totally suited the show and was just masterful. I might dislike parts of this twisted journey, but when you put it all together and in the end, we got had one heck of a journey and one heck of a good show, and POI GAF has been a privilege to share it with.

*cue MGS4 salute*

... same

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

*cue MGS4 salute*

TiredSecondaryIceblueredtopzebra.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I liked that it wasn't really ice 9 uploaded to the satellite, but, the Machine itself. One last battle with the undefeated Samaritan. The Machine turns Samaritan into the 18-1 New England Patriots.

Hold That L you fascist prick-of-a-toaster.

The phone call was to itself. Actually, it's baby version, telling it how it all went down.
I also assume the government kept calling the Samaritan program "Northern Lights."

The show goes out on the Season 1 finale, exactly what I wanted.

Thank you, POI-GAF

Damn...what an ending. Thank you POI for being an epic show from start to finish. I'm sad it's over, but I'm glad it got a proper ending. And like great shows before it, all I want to do now is rewatch the whole series from start to finish.

Sober

If you can hear this, you're alone.

The only thing left of me is the sound of my voice.

I don't know if any of us made it. Did we win, did we lose? I don't know.

But either way it's over. So let me tell us who we were. Let me you who you are.

Someone once asked me if I had learned anything from it all. So let me tell you what I learned:

I learned everyone dies alone.

But if you meant something to someone...

If you helped someone...

Or loved someone...

If even a single person remembers you...

... then maybe you never really die.

And maybe...

... this isn't the end at all.

As happy an ending as we could get.
A second machine, giving Shaw a renewed purpose, most likely with Fusco. Finch gets to move on. John gets to rest.

Perfect.

Adam429

I am literally crying like a baby. This is not okay. John's death was one of the most beautiful and saddest moments ever to grace TV.

God, what a finale. Thank you to all of the cast, crew, and creators for making one of my favorite shows ever. What beautiful and awesome 5 season run.

Aww man. When Finch left Reese I couldn't hold it back.

This is top 3 greatest on my list. All time. Man what an amazing show. Remember Carter trying to catch the man in the suit? Remember the hotel scene? Remember Finch and Reese in the library just trying to figure it all out? Remember getting relevant? Remember dual wielding? All those pay phones? Hearing the word Samaritan and feeling dread for the first time? Remember going back in time and seeing the past? Remember "thank you for creating me"?

Goddamn goddamn.

iosefe

god fucking damn it

i hate you CBS to letting this slip away. at least you let them give us a good ending

definitely the ending it needed, and im' sad we get no more. but with the way it ended? More might not have been necessary

it was an emotional ride

Sonicbug

Did anyone catch what John's real last name was?

Mr. Hero complex till the end. =(

It's over.... gah. Great ending though.
And Denise Thé didn't get to kill everyone!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It was going to be John Tal***I think. Maybe no L.

People are upset that Finch got to see Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom