• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – The Fifth and Final Season |OT| "Thank you for creating me."

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching Person of Interest on Crave TV at the moment. I'm just near the end of season 1. Does this show pick up? It's been fine so far but nowhere near the hype.

Oh yes.

The final arch of S1 is the start of it and then S2 is a much better constant build

S1 is too damn slow for its own good. The jump to Season 2 is pretty big.

Famassu

I'm watching Person of Interest on Crave TV at the moment. I'm just near the end of season 1. Does this show pick up? It's been fine so far but nowhere near the hype.
I've seen it up until the end of S3 and yes, it's constantly getting better & more interesting. Season 1 isn't too much removed from some stuff like CSI at first (it mostly follows a case-of-the-week pattern with some light larger storyline stuff being carried throughout episodes) but they keep building on the foundation as the seasons go on, less and less of the episodes are inconsequential filler (even filler episodes might be a bit more meaningful, even if they don't take the larger storyline forward too much) and by the end of S3 shit is just cray cray. I really need to get around buying the Season 4 blu-ray.

Ithil

Hugely so. It started getting good around the end of season 1, and is really strong by the end of season 2. 3-5 is all great stuff.

Hellraider

End of season 1 and asking whether it picks up? Oh my. I have to tell you that pretty much where you are is when the show started going from something I was considering dropping to literally my favourite tv show of all time.

image.php

you should be banned for this post, you monster

Season 2 picks up quite a bit and is pretty great. Seasons 3-5 are straight up amazing, and that's where most of the big hype comes from.

Makareu

I just finished Season 1. That finale was easily the best episode. I'm in.

The show is very slow to find its pace, even if all episodes contribute to the build up.

For me the last ep of season 1 is the first one to give you an idea of what the show can be, and it starts to materialize around the half of season 2.
From this point, there is no coming back.

chefbags

Not sure if it was mentioned recently but season 5 is up on Netflix right now! Just saw it today.

One of the best shows ever is now complete to binge again and again.

faridmon

Any POI-GAF immigrated to Westworld and liked it there?

One of the things I liked about POI is that it didn't rely on nudity and sex to tell a compelling and amazing story. The fact that HBO is making Westworld is making me wary.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Any POI-GAF immigrated to Westworld and liked it there?

One of the things I liked about POI is that it didn't rely on nudity and sex to tell a compelling and amazing story. The fact that HBO is making Westworld is making me wary.

Loved the first episode (written and directed by Jonathan Nolan BTW!). At first one my reaction was "ok, so what? where is this going?", but in POI style, it scales up and leaves you wanting more.

If you liked the "does AI care about humanity? Can a machine feel?" themes of POI, then you'll probably love this. It's very well done, I'm actually happy it's under HBO.

So far nudity has been surgically, in a way of speaking, it's not really sexualized. Hope that helps!

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished this show last night. I cried when John gave that look and smirk at Finch walking to the exit. And then when Finch met up with his loved one. Oh my god. I am so happy she was never brought back until that very moment. It made it so much more enjoyable for Finch.

I'm going to miss it. John was my favorite character and now he's gone.

;_;

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
I just noticed Season 5 was up on Netflix...

I should re-watch. John was hero we deserve. ;_;

carlsojo

Got into this a couple months ago, just finished season 4 last week.. the finale really turned me off of getting into season 5.

Elias and Dominic getting taken out by sniper was so fucking garbage. Just a waste of two great characters/villains.

And now season 5. I'm only a few episodes in.
It's so dark and depressing. Especially the opening monologue that makes it sound like even if they win, it's a pyrrhic victory. I miss the fun of the earlier seasons.

desu

Got into this a couple months ago, just finished season 4 last week.. the finale really turned me off of getting into season 5.

Elias and Dominic getting taken out by sniper was so fucking garbage. Just a waste of two great characters/villains.

It's so dark and depressing. Especially the opening monologue that makes it sound like even if they win, it's a pyrrhic victory. I miss the fun of the earlier seasons.

Can't promise that your heart won't be broken, but the ending is still awesome.

Sölf

Is this show worth watching? I'm looking for something to start over the Holidays?

Yes it is. The start is a bit slow (the first ~6 episodes are all Monster of the Week episodes), but starting with Episode 7 it shows you that there is more then meets the eye. From then on, it only becomes better and crazier with each season.

Is this show worth watching? I'm looking for something to start over the Holidays?

It's one of the best - also, most overlooked - shows of the last decade. After a slow start, that's there to introduce the major players and concepts, the rest of the series expands on and plays with those ideas in amazing, surprising and exciting ways.

I got a friend of mine to watch it a few weeks ago. At first, she was like "seriously, you recommended me this? It's good, but I don't see what's amazing about this." Then she proceeded to watch the whole thing in a couple of weeks and she bawled by the end of it.

Sölf;226806805 said:
Yes it is. The start is a bit slow (the first ~6 episodes are all Monster of the Week episodes), but starting with Episode 7 it shows you that there is more then meets the eye. From then on, it only becomes better and crazier with each season.

It's one of the best - also, most overlooked - shows of the last decade. After a slow start, that's there to introduce the major players and concepts, the rest of the series expands on and plays with those ideas in amazing, surprising and exciting ways.

I got a friend of mine to watch it a few weeks ago. At first, she was like "seriously, you recommended me this? It's good, but I don't see what's amazing about this." Then she proceeded to watch the whole thing in a couple of weeks and she bawled by the end of it.

Wow. Looking forward to it. On episode 2. Liking it so far.

Holy Shit this show is good.

Almost done season 1. I was thinking of starting a LTTP.

Please please tell me it reaches a satisfactory conclusion.

Just keep going ;)
YES! Do it its seriously amazing and you will come back here guaranteed and say: Why was I not part of this when it was live its amazing.
Holy Shit this show is good.

Almost done season 1. I was thinking of starting a LTTP.

Please please tell me it reaches a satisfactory conclusion.
It really does and if you are only on S02 ow boy you have an amazing ride to go please keep us up to date :).
Mid 3rd Season
God Damn Officer Carter!
We in this community all know how you feel and can only say:
THIS FUCKING SHOW.

Any lurkers seeing this and thinking I want to watch something this holiday just DO IT and go watch PoI its seriously8 worth it.

KonradLaw

I've finally finished S5. I was dragging my feet because I just didn't want it to finish. And Jesus Christ...what a way to end a series. I think this is by far the best final season of amazing show I've ever seen. And it sucks
Reese died
. I actually cried, but he was dead man walking from the premiere and while seeing him die was heartbreaking, it was really the only way it could have ended.

I still have couple more shows to finish before I go vote in that Show of the year thread, but there's no way anything will steal no.1 spot from Person of Interest for me

I'm thinking about going back and doing a rewatch. I loved the premise of the show. Elias was my favorite character, followed by Finch.

I especially loved the score in the show as well.

Edit: I would love to hear your impressions on the later seasons Mighty.

For anyone looking to start the show, a word of warning. Do not watch any house of cards simultaneously, the amount of actors who had roles on both is crazy.

I'm thinking about going back and doing a rewatch. I loved the premise of the show. Elias was my favorite character, followed by Finch.

I especially loved the score in the show as well.

Edit: I would love to hear your impressions on the later seasons Mighty.

I gotta say I'm sitting here watching ep10s3 and I've just kept rewinding the opening over and over. The tears are real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom