• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Persona 4, Vol. 2" and "Golden 2 Persona 4" appear in resume [Red Herring]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadotsu

Banned
The entities you defeat and the world you defeat them in exist because of humans, humans exist in more places than a small town in japan.

But the (true end spoiler)
god entity's material projection (Inazami) resided in the small town at the time.
Also explaining the more transcendental parts of the story would go into Mediclorian territory very fast.

Village

But the (true end spoiler)
god entity's material projection (Inazami) resided in the small town at the time.
Also explaining the more transcendental parts of the story would go into Mediclorian territory very fast.

Thinking that their isn't more than one evil good, or more than one version of an evil god in a series like persona, to do that thing they did in p4 just in a different fashion, seems a bit short sighted in a series like persona.

Its kind of smart way to link every persona here on forward.

LX_Theo

Banned
The entities you defeat and the world you defeat them in exist because of humans, humans exist in more places than a small town in japan.

I guess that would be a matter of whether
Izanami is part of that creation, or the entity that brought about the ability for it to be created in the first place.

Village

I guess that would be a matter of whether
Izanami is part of that creation, or the entity that brought about the ability for it to be created in the first place.

Could totally be both. Could be a league of dark gods than just run their power batteries on miserable people and death. Or a league of
different versions of Izanmi created from humans.

Astral

Guys, a few things to point out.

1. There are THREE announcements, not one
Persona 5 has been in development for a good while now. See here. Chances are very high we're getting Persona 5 no matter what. Don't forget about persona5.jp existing, or the fact that it has the same IP as the teaser site. Or the fact that another Atlus teaser explicitly says 'Persist 5'. We're getting Persona 5.

2. Persona 4 Golden Part 2 sounds like a sequel, not a rehash
There are still questions that haven't been answered. (Massive P4 Spoilers ahead)
What exactly are Teddie's origins, did being inside the TV World have any longlasting effects on Nanako, were Adachi's actions entirely his own(what caused his change of heart in prison?), what the hell is up with Izanami appearing at the last second with close to no build up, and so on.
If it's a sequel, chances are the protagonist ends up being Nanako in high school once she unlocks a Persona. Or something. It could be Narukami, or somebody else entirely different. But, you know, sequel implied. Not an implied rehash.

3. If anything's getting a rehash a year after P4G came out, it's P3
Persona 4 got it's rehash a year ago, and it was glorious. Persona 3 has no definitive version, and is getting a series of three high production value movies coming out. The announcement is immediately after the first movie airs in Japan, the following day. Will Atlus really announce a Persona 4 rehash when it's time for Persona 3 to strike while the iron's hot?

Enough kneejerk fearmongering, more reaching out to the truth, people.

About number 2...all of that was answered.
Teddie was a shadow that wanted to be liked by humans, so he formed himself into a teddy bear. Adachi's actions were entirely his own. Izanami gave him his power just to see what he'd do with it. Izanami doesn't come entirely out of nowhere. Even once you defeat Adachi there's still no explanation to how Adachi and the protagonist got their powers, so you search for those answers. Adachi had a change of heart in prison because he's human and not a complete monster. The Nanako thing isn't really important.

kadotsu

Banned
Thinking that their isn't more than one evil good, or more than one version of an evil god in a series like persona, to do that thing they did in p4 just in a different fashion, seems a bit short sighted.

Its kind of smart way to link every persona here on forward.

Oh, I (kind of) misunderstood you. But wouldn't that be even more of a reason for a new cast in a new location? Still I hope stuff like the gods, Igor and the Velvet room stay obtuse.

LX_Theo

Banned
Could totally be both. Could be a league of dark gods than just run their power batteries on miserable people and death. Or a league of
different versions of Izanmi created from humans.

My original way of interpreting it was
that everything in that world was the creation of people's minds, including the Gods. Which made sense since having the lore from the real world would mean that what shows up inside would mirror it to some extent.
Then again, that was my first SMT/Persona game, and I only learned after how much it embraces the deities being real in some interpretation.

Given how isolated it all was (or sure seemed, at least), its
probably that Izanami made the world possible.
In general, the series would use a nice little deepening of the background of what exactly shadows are and why they exist in the first place.

Persona 3 is my second favorite game and I don't want any more of it. P3 and FES is enough.

I couldn't even muster up the effort to be angry or disappointed at more Persona 4. I'd probably just sigh heavily.

cj_iwakura

Let me shine some reality on this.

Bursar said:
That actress's credits list has a lot of problems with the Persona series - she lists titles that don't exist, and calls others by the wrong names. She must be confusing anime and game projects.
Source

Bursar is Atlus USA staff.

Wow. Look. It's nothing.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
How appropriate, games like Persona 4 Arena are well in line with Dirge of Cerberus when it comes to quality.

Hyperbole ahoooooooooooooy.

P4A is more than competent as a fighter, even if a lot of people didn't care for the story mode.

Village

Oh, I (kind of) misunderstood you. But wouldn't that be even more of a reason for a new cast in a new location? Still I hope stuff like the gods, Igor and the Velvet room stay obtuse.

Yes.
I agree with this, I think this is the way they should go. And just have P4 guys as fan service and characters you can recruit later.

I am just saying they really left the door open for some Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy "no actually it isn't isolayed everything plays into everything else", kinda shit

Steel

Banned
Not for me.

They left big ass plot holes.

And I like persona world, I trust atlus. I cannot relate to how you feel at all.

They're doing another persona 4 arena to fill in those plot holes. Persona 4 golden 2 would be stupidly redundant.

Velcro Fly

I could go either way. Would much rather have something completely new but I'll be interested if they are revisiting P3 or P4. If it is nothing to do with P3/P4 I won't be upset.

Christhor

Hyperbole ahoooooooooooooy.

P4A is more than competent as a fighter, even if a lot of people didn't care for the story mode.

I was talking about the story mode. Butchering characters and all, it's definitely very much like DoC.

The game itself was a good fighter though.

Persona 3 is my second favorite game and I don't want any more of it. P3 and FES is enough.

I couldn't even muster up the effort to be angry or disappointed at more Persona 4. I'd probably just sigh heavily.
Well I love 4 and I want more
What do we do about this? I guess you can not purchase it and I will and we'll both live happily ever after

EMT0

Banned
About number 2...all of that was answered.
Teddie was a shadow that wanted to be liked by humans, so he formed himself into a teddy bear. Adachi's actions were entirely his own. Izanami gave him his power just to see what he'd do with it. Izanami doesn't come entirely out of nowhere. Even once you defeat Adachi there's still no explanation to how Adachi and the protagonist got their powers, so you search for those answers. Adachi had a change of heart in prison because he's human and not a complete monster. The Nanako thing isn't really important.

How does a shadow have a shadow, and who was Teddie's non-shadow aspect? How did Teddie randomly gain sentience and defy what a shadow normally is? Adachi's actions seem schizophrenic, comparing what he does throughout the plot(cunning, twisted man) and what he is at the end(a man with a change of heart). Izanami herself isn't very well explained at all. She randomly decided to get involved in Inaba? She's one of the few divine beings to exist while all other demons are who knows where? Is she linked to the disappearance of demons after P2, and/or does she have anything to do with it?Those are plenty of questions that could be answered, Atlus has everything they need to create a follow-up.

Village

My original way of interpreting it was
that everything in that world was the creation of people's minds, including the Gods. Which made sense since having the lore from the real world would mean that what shows up inside would mirror it to some extent.
Then again, that was my first SMT/Persona game, and I only learned after how much it embraces the deities being real in some interpretation.
For me it it was a combination of
They are created by people, and they are also real. It does not make all the sense, leeway can be given for this sort of thing . Rather these gods exist on another plane of existence, but the reason people thought of them, is because they do exist. People facilitate their existence, and the reason we( the humans in persona) can facilitate their exstance with out thoughts and emotions is because they exist.
an endless cycle of teenage angst , fade to black implied sex, cool music and swords.

Given how isolated it all was (or sure seemed, at least), its
probably that Izanami made the world possible.
In general, the series would use a nice little deepening of the background of what exactly shadows are and why they exist in the first place.
I agree.

Levito

Banned
Again, this has been on her resume since at least August--it's not news.

Shit hasn't even been announced in Japan yet and you think the first place you're going to hear about it is from an english VA's resume?

Not impressed with your performance GAF.

cj_iwakura

Again, this has been on her resume since August--it's not news.

Shit hasn't even been announced in Japan yet and you think the first place you're going to hear about it is from an english VA's resume?

I'm shocked it made it to a thread.

Astral

How does a shadow have a shadow, and who was Teddie's non-shadow aspect? How did Teddie randomly gain sentience and defy what a shadow normally is? Adachi's actions seem schizophrenic, comparing what he does throughout the plot(cunning, twisted man) and what he is at the end(a man with a change of heart). Izanami herself isn't very well explained at all. She randomly decided to get involved in Inaba? She's one of the few divine beings to exist while all other demons are who knows where? Is she linked to the disappearance of demons after P2, and/or does she have anything to do with it?Those are plenty of questions that could be answered, Atlus has everything they need to create a follow-up.

Teddie straight up says he's a shadow if I remember correctly. Why a shadow has a shadow and how it did what it did, I don't know. Just because. Adachi was just an angry, immature asshole. He still seemed to care for Dojima though. His guilt is where I felt his change of heart came from. Things died down and he was left alone to his thoughts. It's not that surprising that he'd realize he was being a dick. As for Izanami, I guess she just felt like trolling Inaba. I don't really think it's something they'll ever explain. Maybe she sensed potential? You can also ask why the hell everything seems to happen in Japan.

Hmmm. Not sure how to feel on this. I love P4 (favourite game of all time, yo), but I don't want to see it milked even further than it already has been... Also, how much more story is there really to tell? Well, if they can find a non-cracktastic way to do it, I guess I'll be up for it.

But will this be a direct sequel? Or will it merely be a version of the already existing original game but this time with a female MC option? Oh, the questions!

Levito

Banned
Also for the record, we asked both Erin Fitzgerald(Chie) and Karen(Aigis/Nanako--you know the person who's resume this thread is about) off the record during the podcast recordings if they were working on any Persona related stuff. Both said no, and Karen didn't even have any idea that the Persona 3 movies were in the works.

Michelle Ann Dunphy(Margaret/Ayane) also told us she had not heard anything about future Persona projects.

Sure they could've been not telling us the truth if they were say, under NDA. That's te thing though--Karen wouldn't list it on her resume if that was the case either.

This is not news or confirmation of anything.

EMT0

Banned
Again, this has been on her resume since at least August--it's not news.

Didn't one of the mods say that Persona 5's reveal got pushed back, and that it was originally going to be at E3? They'd probably want English VAs for that, no?

Squire

Banned
Didn't one of the mods say that Persona 5's reveal got pushed back, and that it was originally going to be at E3? They'd probably want English VAs for that, no?

Yes, but again: NDAs. She wouldn't be able to list it on her resume.

Erin actually just tweeted the other night she's working on some games we'll her about in 2014. She updated her resume, but she hasn't posted the updated version online. She can't.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
This thread seems super interested in my boy here for some reason:

okVGpUm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom