• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Persona 4, Vol. 2" and "Golden 2 Persona 4" appear in resume [Red Herring]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shengar

I can already taste the tears of the fanbase.
People will eat this up anyway. Ironic to see the spin off which have faster development cycle get caught up by the main IP that have its last game released ten years ago because of milking one title.

Atlus pls
Just move on, give us P5, or anything that isn't related to P3/P4
I feel saturated already

Sandfox

Persona 4 is done IMO. All character arcs wrapped up. Persona 4 Arena already entered Evangelion Movie level territory of bullshit. Getting any character development out of these characters is like pressing blood from a stone.

I want a new setting and new characters. P4 was great because you got to know the characters. This would be the case with a sequel. I hope SegaAtlus has at least a shred of artistic integrity left and won't go for the cynical cash grab.

It really depends on how they handle it because they could always just bring in new characters that live in the P4 town, put more focus on its connection to the other Persona games, or they could just go the FES route lol.

Village

Persona 4 is done IMO. All character arcs wrapped up. Persona 4 Arena already entered Evangelion Movie level territory of bullshit. Getting any character development out of these characters is like pressing blood from a stone.

I want a new setting and new characters. P4 was great because you got to know the characters. This would be the case with a sequel. I hope SegaAtlus has at least a shred of artistic integrity left and won't go for the cynical cash grab.

There is a lot of story stuff kind of just left open.

And I believe it was rather intentional.

should i watch the persona 4 animation? I haven't touched any anime in years because it makes me want to kill myself, but i do like persona 4.
It's got some great character fanservice (the non boobly type) but it's a very anime-y anime. It also peters out pretty bad at the end.

Also by the time I finish typing this, someone will have probably posted a screenshot of a scene with two accidental Chies.

Edit: Guess I'll do it myself

Untitled-11.jpg

Steel

Banned
Well, if the games mentioned in her resume are indeed going to the teased games, at least that means that localization is either done or well under way.

jaxword

Atlas had money issues over the past year.

They need to recuperate fast.

Re-using assets is a pretty obvious business move.

Persona 3 : FES/The Answer was a moderate success.

Logically, from a business perspective, repeating the same successful procedure is the way to go.

Persona 4: FES/The Answer.

kadotsu

Banned
It really depends on how they handle it because they could always just bring in new characters that live in the P4 town, put more focus on its connection to the other Persona games, or they could just go the FES route lol.

I'm not against fan service but cut it back. Cameos are more than enough. I want a new town, a new protagonist, a new set of characters. It would just be stupid to start at social link level 1 again with a cast of characters that went to hell and back.

There is a lot of story stuff kind of just left open.

And I believe it was rather intentional.

And it's better that way. Golden already lessened the impact of Naoto's arc. P4-2 would be as bad as Final Fantasy X-2 for the characters.

megalowho

I feel like I wanted to spend more time in Inaba with the cast of Persona 4 in 2009. Then I got a fighting game sequel, then an anime, then a remake with new content, another fighting game on the way.. I think we're on pretty good terms by now.

More P4 could be great, it could be opportunistic fan service - I just want that team's next big project to be special after so much time in the oven, whatever form it ends up taking.

kick51

Banned

Persona 3 : FES was a moderate success.

Logically, from a business perspective, repeating the same successful procedure is the way to go.

Persona 4: FES.

They reused Nocturne assets the whole PS2 gen

This is more of a fan service cash in. Make Chie show a little panty to get nerds to open their wallets.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Castlevania: Servant of Chaos?
Final Fantasy 7?
Nintendo of America 14 iron?
Resident Evil Retribution?
SKD-5?
Sonic Anniversary?
Sonic II?
Tales of the Tempest?
Trauma Unit?

This resume is filled with odd titles, several of which don't exist or have no voice work. The resume is clearly filled with project code names and cancelled projects. There is a decent chance that is what Persona 4, Vol. 2 and Golden 2 Persona 4 are. I think people are jumping to conclusions here considering the vast array of oddities in this resume.

That was Persona 4: Golden, man. YET ANOTHER one would be like Persona 3 FES 2: Electric Boogaloo

Sandfox

Because then person 3, 4, AND 5 would be easy money
Not as easy as milking the games that already exists.

I would probably rage if they made a Persona 4 FES because 3 FES kinda made me mad as a consumer.

LX_Theo

Banned
Final Fantasy 7?
SKD-5?
Sonic Anniversary?
Sonic II?
Tales of the Tempest?
Trauma Unit?

This resume is filled with odd titles, several of which don't exist or have no voice work. The resume is clearly filled with project code names and cancelled projects. There is a decent chance that is what Persona 4, Vol. 2 and Golden 2 Persona 4 are. I think people are jumping to conclusions here considering the vast array of oddities in this resume.

Interestingly enough, that unreliability was established in the Persona community thread before this thread was even made.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

No, INDEX, their parent company did. Atlus was their most profitable thing.

BlackJace

The more I think about this, the more believable it becomes, especially coming off of Arena.

I wouldn't be DISAPPOINTED, but fresh faces and locales are always a treat.

What I really love about Persona 3 and 4 was the different cast of characters and their problems. So even though P4 is one of my favorite games of all time, I'd like to see a new cast of characters with different problems. So hopefully, in this new P4 game I get to play as Dojima and social link with all my cop buddies.

koutoru

I was afraid of this. Atlus doesn't want to move away from Persona 4's characters do they?
They have now built a franchise around Persona 4 alone and wiping the slate clean with Persona 5 is no longer an option.

Golden was technically the Answer for P3.

I mean P4 is what made me a fan of Atlus. If it's a Persona 4 sequel I at least hope it's P4: The college years where the cast of the first game, except for maybe one or two, are just side characters and they're all older.

The name makes it seem like it's a sequel over a P4G port. Disappointed it's not a P5 if this is true, but it could have been worst.

i always think that the next time there is a thread like this i won't be amused at the suffering of people who draw wild conclusions like "i bet the awkwardly inaccurate details of this resume mean that PERSONA 5 DOESN'T EVEN EXIST OMG" from sketchy evidence

but then here we are

Why would they do that when both Persona 3 and Persona 4 are easy money?

please never go into business

Village

And it's better that way. Golden already lessened the impact of Naoto's arc. P4-2 would be as bad as Final Fantasy X-2 for the characters.

Not for me.

They left big ass plot holes.

And I like persona world, I trust atlus. I cannot relate to how you feel at all.

Final Fantasy 7?
SKD-5?
Sonic Anniversary?
Sonic II?
Tales of the Tempest?
Trauma Unit?

A lot of these are relatively explainable. A lot of companies give weird names when VAs audition and things, though, especially for minor roles or basic NPC work.

Sonic Anniversary is probably Generations, for instance, as rumours of that game called it that before it was officially announced - and she's the voice of Rouge in that series, checking a Sonic wiki. Sonic II is probably Sonic Adventure 2, where that character first appears. She's in Crisis Core, as far as FF7 goes. Can't speak to the rest, but I'm sure many of them can similarly be explained.

Grief.exe

Anything they announce would have been in development since well before the Atlus acquisition.

EMT0

Banned
Guys, a few things to point out.

1. There are THREE announcements, not one
Persona 5 has been in development for a good while now. See here. Chances are very high we're getting Persona 5 no matter what. Don't forget about persona5.jp existing, or the fact that it has the same IP as the teaser site. Or the fact that another Atlus teaser explicitly says 'Persist 5'. We're getting Persona 5.

2. Persona 4 Golden Part 2 sounds like a sequel, not a rehash
There are still questions that haven't been answered. (Massive P4 Spoilers ahead)
What exactly are Teddie's origins, did being inside the TV World have any longlasting effects on Nanako, were Adachi's actions entirely his own(what caused his change of heart in prison?), what the hell is up with Izanami appearing at the last second with close to no build up, and so on.
If it's a sequel, chances are the protagonist ends up being Nanako in high school once she unlocks a Persona. Or something. It could be Narukami, or somebody else entirely different. But, you know, sequel implied. Not an implied rehash.

3. If anything's getting a rehash a year after P4G came out, it's P3
Persona 4 got it's rehash a year ago, and it was glorious. Persona 3 has no definitive version, and is getting a series of three high production value movies coming out. The announcement is immediately after the first movie airs in Japan, the following day. Will Atlus really announce a Persona 4 rehash when it's time for Persona 3 to strike while the iron's hot?

Enough kneejerk fearmongering, more reaching out to the truth, people.

Yeah, given some of the things listed on this VA's resume, I'm not about to give this apparently months-old listing any credence.

As APZonerunner notes, it's unlikely that any of it is just completely made up, but in most cases the rational explanation is not "omg she leaked the secret projects that atlus is doing instead of P5 MELTDOWN MODE" but rather "these are probably some mislabeled credits for projects we already know about."

Persona 5 has been in development for a good while now. See here. Chances are very high we're getting Persona 5 no matter what. Don't forget about persona5.jp existing, or the fact that it has the same IP as the teaser site. Or the fact that another Atlus teaser explicitly says 'Persist 5'. We're getting Persona 5.

There are still questions that haven't been answered. (Massive P4 Spoilers ahead)
What exactly are Teddie's origins, did being inside the TV World have any longlasting effects on Nanako, were Adachi's actions entirely his own(what caused his change of heart in prison?), what the hell is up with Izanami appearing at the last second with close to no build up, and so on.
If it's a sequel, chances are the protagonist ends up being Nanako in high school once she unlocks a Persona. Or something. It could be Narukami, or somebody else entirely different. But, you know, sequel implied. Not an implied rehash.

Persona 4 got it's rehash a year ago, and it was glorious. Persona 3 has no definitive version, and is getting a series of three high production value movies coming out. The announcement is immediately after the first movie airs in Japan, the following day. Will Atlus really announce a Persona 4 rehash when it's time for Persona 3 to strike while the iron's hot?

If we get one project per box, and it ended up being a P3:platnium, P4 vol.2, and P5, I would need to see a medical professional.

Jamix012

1) No. We have zero confirmation of this at all. The annoucement you linked to is an Atlus USA announcement, not an Atlus JP one, so probably only a localisation. In fact, it could well just have been a teaser site for Conception 2. The 3 games thing is purely speculation.

2) Sure. However from reading this thread I'd take this with a massive chunk of salt, it may not be anything. This may not even be a real thing.

3) I guess, but again refer to point two, this isn't at all a confirmation of anything. We'll find out in 4 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom