• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Persona 4, Vol. 2" and "Golden 2 Persona 4" appear in resume [Red Herring]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullza2o

If this is real, I really hope this is a sequel and not a port. I've already played P4G. I'm not sure I'll buy another remake.

I find it highly unlikely that an English voice actress would have credits for a Japanese game on her resume before it's even been announced. Let's all be reasonable here, please.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I imagine whomever typed it up saw Persona and just threw them all together.

There's some stuff that appears in both sections, like Naruto and Sakura Wars, or other items that sound like they could be similar, like "Tales of."

I find it highly unlikely that an English voice actress would have credits for a Japanese game on her resume before it's even been announced. Let's all be reasonable here, please.

Assuming the localized version would come out a couple of months after a Japanese release, it's not that far-fetched. There is precedent, though not of that exact example:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200842

2 VAs basically mentioned they did work on FES before the US release was confirmed, though granted it was already out in Japan at the time.

It's not unreasonable that a professional actress with a million projects doesn't check kotaku all day every day waiting for them to announce something she's worked in, particularly something like Persona 4, which has had four separate releases not counting the anime, all with a convoluted naming scheme.

After a reasonable period of time she might just assume her work has been released and free to put on her site which is usually only visited by casting directors looking to hire her.

Squire

Banned
Persona 4 is the new Lightning.

hank-punch.gif

Narukami Returns: Persona 4

bitchslapssuhw.gif

It's not unreasonable that a professional actress with a million projects doesn't check kotaku all day every day waiting for them to announce something she's worked in, particularly something like Persona 4, which has had four separate releases not counting the anime, all with a convoluted naming scheme.

After a reasonable period of time she might just assume her work has been released and free to put on her site which is usually only visited by casting directors looking to hire her.

Come on.

I don't think you're understanding me. This is first and foremost a Japanese franchise, and the game has not even been announced, if it exists. To believe that they would already have been long finished with the localization process is ludicrous.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
It's probably going to some sort of RTS for the PC. Cause that's what Sega is doing, right?
*cuelaugher*
Haha thanks, you are great, I'm here all week.

I don't really want P4-2....P4 was great but that's the reason why they should move on. Don't do a George-Lucas Atlus....

Ty4on

Just finished P4G and if it's a sequel I'm really hyped! If it's a remake I don't understand why they'd make that huge countdown. Maybe marking the first time P4 is on a console that isn't dead in the west? :p

Still seems odd to put it there when there's a section for animation work.
To her dubbing the Golden cutscenes would be pretty much the same as dubbing the anime, so unless the paperwork or whatever she used to update her resume with explicitly stated what exactly she was working on, it's pretty likely that she assumed it was a video game because that what that recording studio typically works on.

hohoXD123

Part of me can't wait to revisit the world of P4 and another part of me wants to see what Atlus could do with a brand new cast/setting/world.

P4-2 and P5 Atlus. Please and thank you.

Jintor

The sad thing is, even though I think I've had enough of P4 for now, if they announced a FemC I'd pretty much be forced to buy it.

But please... please have Persona 5 announced at least...

Kane1345

Honestly I'll take whatever Persona game they make (unless iOS). Would prefer 5 but would be perfectly happy with playing a sequel to 4. Persona 5 on PS4 would be mind blowing though :D

I don't think you're understanding me. This is first and foremost a Japanese franchise, and the game has not even been announced, if it exists. To believe that they would already have been long finished with the localization process is ludicrous.

Persona and Atlus games in general are worldwide now, and if they wanted a close release OR simultaneous one, it'd be close to cast and started.

Corto

Bring it. Whatever it is. Bring it. And you Chie haters are on a special list for now on. No christmas gifts for you this year. Repent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom