• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ubiblu

So do people still like this game now that it's had some time to stew?

God yes! Persona 5 replaced Okami as my GOAT after 10 years. I mean, yeah, Breath of the Wild has since replaced it, but it's probably the second best game ever made. I cannot wait to replay it in English. Like, bouncing with excitement.

Xypher

So do people still like this game now that it's had some time to stew?
The game has its flaws, especially the low-res textures, but other than that it still is among the best games ever made. The story just sticks with you in a way in which not many other stories stay with you through the months. The dungeon crawling is still fun, and battles are as fast and snappy as they can be.

Thank you so much for this. I'll be sure to mention you in the thread.

If you find any good GIFs, be sure to let me know, too.

GIFs:

http://imgur.com/a/IWgTB

Everything was taken from the trailers and previews. I guess there's a minor spoiler there but it shouldn't be a problem.

Here's what I've got so far. Finding English screenshots that aren't poorly compressed or watermarked due to being video screencaps is kinda tough with the game not out yet, so there are quite a lot of Japanese ones in there too. I tried to limit it to stuff mostly from the first three dungeons, and the exceptions to those are very minor cases.
http://imgur.com/a/2mJSQ

Would you mind checking the gifs I uploaded?
Just to make sure there are no spoilers there.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Would you mind checking the gifs I uploaded?
Just to make sure there are no spoilers there.

Yeah those are perfectly spoiler free, even less so than the gallery I posted, since most all of them are from trailers.

GIFs:

http://imgur.com/a/IWgTB

Everything was taken from the trailers and previews. I guess there's a minor spoiler there but it shouldn't be a problem.

Thank you very much for this!

Well i'll make some gifs from my captured footage then

I guess that Stuff that isn't related to spoilers should be fine?

Yeah, here are some 'guidelines' for screenshots/GIFs to be used.

Mostly fine on Screenshots right now, but more GIFs would be appreciated.

kotodama

Finally beat the game today. Loved the story, characters, music, and the world, but the mechanics since 3 are getting a bit stale. Still they did streamline it, I feel.
Dat Igor twist doe, I was wondering why they changed his voice actor till then, it was jarring at first, but brilliantly executed.

Saved a bunch of the vocabulary from the game.. may make an Anki type lesson for the game.

Thank you very much for this!

Yeah, here are some 'guidelines' for screenshots/GIFs to be used.

Mostly fine on Screenshots right now, but more GIFs would be appreciated.

because of this post i've must have watched 7+ hours of P5 footage looking for moments to Gif.

Man do i love the ending of this game.. even watching it made me smile.
Anyway i've found several giffable moments according to the guidelines and i've tried to find moments that don't have much japanese on it.

I'm just confused on the Max size and the resolution of the gifs you want. I don't have an idea of what kind of OT you want to create so could you give me an exemple of the size the gif should follow ( Recommanded picture resolution ) ? Or is it a gallery of gifs ? I trully want to help but i must admit , i've never made an OT before so i'm unsure of the specifics.

Man do i love the ending of this game.. even watching it made me smile.
Anyway i've found several giffable moments according to the guidelines and i've tried to find moments that don't have much japanese on it.

I'm just confused on the Max size and the resolution of the gifs you want. I don't have an idea of what kind of OT you want to create so could you give me an exemple of the size the gif should follow ( Recommanded picture resolution ) ? Or is it a gallery of gifs ? I trully want to help but i must admit , i've never made an OT before so i'm unsure of the specifics.

I don't have any specific resolution cap, as long as they're clear, crisp, and fluid, they work for me. (Thanks again for your help!)

The Persona 5 OT will be structured similarly to my NieR: Automata OT. (Though far more dynamically styled, thanks to the UI)

There's a GIF Gallery with 2 Example GIFs in that OP, and the rest in an album after the link. It should give you a good idea of what I'm going for, though if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

I don't have any specific resolution cap, as long as they're clear, crisp, and fluid, they work for me. (Thanks again for your help!)

The Persona 5 OT will be structured similarly to my NieR: Automata OT. (Though far more dynamically styled, thanks to the UI)

There's a GIF Gallery with 2 Example GIFs in that OP, and the rest in an album after the link. It should give you a good idea of what I'm going for, though if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

OK , ok .. I see now .
I shall work on those tomorrow ( need to sleep now ) , but you should have them tomorrow night at worst.

OK

Here is my contribution .

This gallery is 100% spoiler free. Anyone who argues otherwise is an idiot.

http://imgur.com/a/86eUZ

Damn now i want to play P5 again ....
If i can i will add more pictures tonight or tomorrow

Ps :Damn , even giffing that menu without making the gif grow overboard in size was more of a challenge than expected .. this game has animations for almost everything.
Ps2: if there is a problem with those, or if the size is not correct , please let me know , i'll try to fix them ASAP

OK

Thank you very much, I'll be sure to include these in the gallery.

I'd still like to include more (About 20-30 more GIFs) - can anyone search online for ones that have already been made?

Thanks again!

I may have been spoiled by a post. I stupidly clicked the spoiler tag and saw a name and quickly scrolled away.

and I'm at the end of the game too(I believe the last dungeon).

SMH

OK

Ps :Damn , even giffing that menu without making the gif grow overboard in size was more of a challenge than expected .. this game has animations for almost everything.
Ps2: if there is a problem with those, or if the size is not correct , please let me know , i'll try to fix them ASAP

Beautiful.

Inorganic

Just saw the poll about OT titles. Missed giving my title, but I thought I'd put one just for the sake of it. Its a slight reference to Phantom of the Opera.

Persona 5 |OT| Phantoms of the Heart.

_Ryo_

Remind me. Was the third dungeon the
bank
? I've watched a playthrough up to that point and find that the actual dungeon and boss was the weakest, but the circumstances around it with
Makotos plot
were really interesting.

Anyway I decided that was all I'd watch, until I got to play the game myself. I also skipped the majority if Co-Op parts.

What did everyone here think the weakest dungeon was?

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
bank
? I've watched a playthrough up to that point and find that the actual dungeon and boss was the weakest, but the circumstances around it with
Makotos plot
were really interesting.

Anyway I decided that was all I'd watch, until I got to play the game myself. I also skipped the majority if Co-Op parts.

Yes, that was the third dungeon.
Weakest was obviously Mementos, but if I were to limit it to story dungeons, I'd say my least favorite in design and layout was the [5th dungeon design spoiler]
Space Station
, even though visually it looked fucking spectacular.
I actually really liked the third dungeon's design. I thought the cameras were one of the most well used gimmicks and it felt a lot more like a traditional dungeon with the way you were constantly rerouting through the same areas but opening new ones you couldn't get to before, but visually it was certainly less impressive following the first couple of dungeons.

OK

Wow. That's the best gif of an all out attack finisher I've seen. The others I found online were shorter and you couldn't see the whole secquence.

Wow. That's the best gif of an all out attack finisher I've seen. The others I found online were shorter and you couldn't see the whole secquence.

That's because the whole sequence is too long. I've edited many frames to keep the pacing and reduce the lenght of the gif

Someone could have done better ( heck it would have been so much easier with the new sharefactory gif mode ) but i'm a gif noob . Still , glad that the time i spent on it made someone happy :)

FinKL

Asking for a friend (although I'll probably end up getting it as well) What are the differences between PS3 and PS4 versions, didn't see it listed in the OP/FAQ. I know Guilty Gear PS3 ran at 720 while PS4 ran at 1080

Mr. Hyde

Asking for a friend (although I'll probably end up getting it as well) What are the differences between PS3 and PS4 versions, didn't see it listed in the OP/FAQ. I know Guilty Gear PS3 ran at 720 while PS4 ran at 1080

1080p and slightly faster loading times from what I hear.

Dantis

bank
Makotos plot
were really interesting.

Really? That's probably my favourite bossfight. Completely mental design, which made it interesting. Besides that one and the first one, none of the bosses really did anything for me.

Weakest dungeon was, by far,
the ship.
Way too many bossfights, lots of backtracking, and it's where the narrative goes to shit.

Persona 5 OT GIF Request:

Can anyone assist with finding more non-spoiler GIFs for the Persona 5 OT? Around 20-30 more would be greatly appreciated.

To reiterate the 'guidelines' for the GIFs:

• Higher Quality (Resolution/Length) GIFs Prefered.
  • English version GIFs are greatly preferred over Japanese.
  • I'd consider gameplay GIFs (outside of bosses) from all dungeons shown in English Trailers to be fair game.
  • School Life & Overworld GIFs from general, non-story scenes are preferred. (Story Scenes can be used if non-specific. [i.e: No Reveals/Important Names Used/Included])
  • UI Menu GIFs of most main shops & menus would be appreciated to show off the UI.
  • GIFs of animated (Anime) portions used in trailers are fair game. (No Unrevealed Events/Characters please)
Trying not to spoil anything else for myself while gathering things without a press site is hard, so any help is appreciated. All contributors will receive a special thanks in the OT OP.

December spoilers Dungeon Boss
I had about 10 days left and sent the 予告状 to 獅童. Was this too early?
I got wiped out at the halfway mark of the battle. My level is 60 but most of my personas are like 50-58 and stuff. I'm using the blue elephant looking Persona that reflects Phys and is immune to dark attacks. I'm thinking of just leveling up a bit in Mementos since I heard it has to be done. Any tips?? I could sort of feel like this isn't the final battle so don't tell me.

I didn't notice BRSxIgnition is still requesting more gifs. Sadly there aren't enough, unless we (the ones who already played the game) make some ourselves. In my case, I haven't captured any footage from the game.

I did find some gifs on Tumblr about school life and exploration but they were pretty tiny.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
December spoilers Dungeon Boss
I had about 10 days left and sent the 予告状 to 獅童. Was this too early?
I got wiped out at the halfway mark of the battle. My level is 60 but most of my personas are like 50-58 and stuff. I'm using the blue elephant looking Persona that reflects Phys and is immune to dark attacks. I'm thinking of just leveling up a bit in Mementos since I heard it has to be done. Any tips?? I could sort of feel like this isn't the final battle so don't tell me.

Ideally, being a bit above 60 should be good, so it wouldn't hurt to level at bit up. Is it possible you were just wiped out due to not defending and using defense buffs when he charges? That particular boss pretty much demands it.

Is there a digital version Ps3 preorder?

And how much weird pervy anime stuff is in this game? I enjoyed persona 4.

If you were fine with P4, you'll be fine with this. If anything, there's less fan-service here. It's just a couple of costumes and a beach scene really. There's no
bathhouse
scene like P3 and P4 for example. Apparently there isn't going to be a digital PS3 preorder for some reason, no.

hitgirl

Ideally, being a bit above 60 should be good, so it wouldn't hurt to level at bit up. Is it possible you were just wiped out due to not defending and using defense buffs when he charges? That particular boss pretty much demands it.

If you were fine with P4, you'll be fine with this. If anything, there's less fan-service here. It's just a couple of costumes and a beach scene really. There's no
bathhouse
scene like P3 and P4 for example. Apparently there isn't going to be a digital PS3 preorder for some reason, no.

Ok,great. Can't wait. Nabbed a new ps3 last year for this game.

I didn't notice BRSxIgnition is still requesting more gifs. Sadly there aren't enough, unless we (the ones who already played the game) make some ourselves. In my case, I haven't captured any footage from the game.

I did find some gifs on Tumblr about school life and exploration but they were pretty tiny.

It's fine, we're good in GIFs now for the OT, thank you very much for the one's you've already provided. (The UI switching one was particularly one we were looking for.)

On a similar note, we're likely going to need a spoiler thread on release as well. Does anyone want to take that on, or should I post that as well?

Damn, I've been trying to stay out of all of the P5 threads, and random google searching to avoid any spoilers, but I have a few questions that I really need to ask:

1) how is the difficulty? Bare in mind that I'm not asking this as a hardcore RPG vet. I'm (almost) the complete opposite an generally dislike dungeon grinding, but have played my share of P4 a few times (but never play above normal).
- Should I continue with normal on P5? Or should I drop down to an easier difficulty and just enjoy the story and characters without the grind/resource management?

2) Are there any changes to how inactive party members level? Will I need to continue cycling them to make sure everyone levels up? (Yes, I am aware that people of lower level got boosts in P4) or does everyone level up regardless of who you use?

I'm also asking on behalf of a few close friends who have never played a persona or SMT before and I'd like to be able to advise them on what difficulty to play at as well.

Thanks.

Vaev

The game has its flaws, especially the low-res textures, but other than that it still is among the best games ever made. The story just sticks with you in a way in which not many other stories stay with you through the months. The dungeon crawling is still fun, and battles are as fast and snappy as they can be.

Hence plot > gameplay in most facets of gaming. Other nagging technical/gameplay issues can be overlooked simply if your story is gripping.

Damn, I've been trying to stay out of all of the P5 threads, and random google searching to avoid any spoilers, but I have a few questions that I really need to ask:

1) how is the difficulty? Bare in mind that I'm not asking this as a hardcore RPG vet. I'm (almost) the complete opposite an generally dislike dungeon grinding, but have played my share of P4 a few times (but never play above normal).
- Should I continue with normal on P5? Or should I drop down to an easier difficulty and just enjoy the story and characters without the grind/resource management?

2) Are there any changes to how inactive party members level? Will I need to continue cycling them to make sure everyone levels up? (Yes, I am aware that people of lower level got boosts in P4) or does everyone level up regardless of who you use?

I'm also asking on behalf of a few close friends who have never played a persona or SMT before and I'd like to be able to advise them on what difficulty to play at as well.

Thanks.

Easy is for newcomers , normal is a pretty simple if you're accustomed to rpgs. nothing that you haven't seen before. And the game structure make it simple to avoid 99% of the traps if you save often

Characters not in party the active party get experience regardless. ( they just need to be part of the group during the battle and they'll get experience ) The reason is simple , there will come a moment where you'll be able to swap active and innactive characters during the battle.
AND the innactive characters can still influence the battle in various ways thanks to their perks ( like a sudden attack during some specific conditions ).
Bottom line , as long as they are in the party and considered playable in the menu , they will get experience.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member

Thanks.

1) I'd say stick with normal if you were fine with it in P4. There's next to no grinding in P5. Unlike the other games, you can change the difficulty at any time too, so there's no need to worry about being locked into a difficulty you won't enjoy.

2) There are some pretty big changes on this front, yeah. Inactive party members will earn a fraction of EXP from battles, and by ranking up one of the side social links, you'll increase the amount that both active and inactive ones earn. You're also able to switch party members mid-dungeon rather than just at the start so you're not forced to stick with 4 people for the bulk of the time.

Beckx

so after beginning my playthrough on release day, but only have a few hours a week (and not every week) to play, i am *finally* near the end. Right around 100 hours and
just opened the path to take Shidou's heart, poor Goro :(

i absolutely adore the game - but that had to be the case because otherwise 100 hours is really too long for me. i caved in December and
powerleveled to 95 with the flu/Death strategy

with any luck i'll meet my deadline of finishing prior to the US release, but only thanks to the delays.

I just remembered that the weather system was in this game. Does it give out the same bonuses as P4 when it rains?

The wheater affect whenever some events are available or not . no direct bonuses to exploration or stamina in dongeons.
While it doesn't affect the dongeons , the system is still in play for various other parameters that i don't want to spoil really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom