• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Social-Link/Confidant discussion |OT| Laughing Banana is Makoto's husbando

I mean she made you drink poop.

still like her character more than than the beginning cast

It was elephant digested coffee beans but yeah, I see where people have the issue.

So people picked Haru because of the guilt trip she does when you friend zone her?

I'd say that plays a small part in why I picked her over Makoto, but the main reasons were that she actually seems to care, whereas Makoto didn't seem to think of MC as anything more than the Leader and a friend at most before the confession; that, and her whole cafe subplot just works too well to ignore.

you should really avoid clicking any and all spoilered content until you're finished. Particularly if people aren't specifying a vague idea of what it is.

I'm not clicking any spoilers unless they're marked and I know what it is.

That image however, certainly was not tagged before now, so I saw it anyway.

I have a general idea of who it may be but I definitely don't want to be told anything or look any more into it.

galvenize

That however, certainly was not tagged before now, so I saw it anyway.

I have a general idea of who it may be but I definitely don't want to be told anything or look any more into it.

It was tagged, it's just that the image shows instantly on mobile. I just removed the img tag so that only the url remains.

It was elephant digested coffee beans but yeah, I see where people have the issue.

I'd say that plays a part in why I picked her over Makoto, but the main reason was that she actually seems to care, whereas Makoto didn't seem to think of MC as anything more than the Leader and a friend at most before the confession.

I'm not clicking any spoilers unless they're marked and I know what it is.

That however, certainly was not tagged before now, so I saw it anyway.

it was
Thanos

zelhawks37

Chose Makoto on my first playthrough and definitely worth it. :) There were a lot of good choices in this game so it was tough too!

Haru is playing you all like a damn fiddle.

Haru is best girl, I'll gladly fall into her secret husbando plan because she's who I'd pick anyway.

it's already bad enough people want to fuck their pseudo sister. Let's not. Unless you mean a platonic one.

Lavenza ain't trying to hear that platonic stuff though, she's making moves on MC without a Slink let alone with one. Good thing she's not the jealous sort or your Rank 10 girlfriends would start disappearing like that NPC in Demon's Souls, they'd stand no chance if the tiny waifu came for their heads because she's super powerful.

NotLiquid

Haru is precious, it definitely leans more to towards the latter.

(Her reaction to the "Just my teammate?" option during her rank 10 romance is gold.)

When Haru hits you with the repeatedly flustered "Umm"

ROS10d3.gif

theres a lot of harping on makoto's link, but at least there are some really good moments strewn about. Much better than Mitsuru or Ann's

Rank 7
You sit down to talk about Eiko again, but then the entire conversation gets sidetracked by talk about Makoto's father and his death. It was a really good scene

theres a lot of harping on makoto's link, but at least there are some really good moments strewn about. Much better than Mitsuru or Ann's

Rank 7
You sit down to talk about Eiko again, but then the entire conversation gets sidetracked by talk about Haru's father and his death. It was a really good scene

It's a shame, because that and the beginning of her Social Link are the only good parts of it.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I think hers was just a case of wasted potential. I was all ready to show her the ins and outs of being a cool teen in Tokyo, but then it gets sidetracked by Eiko and her obvious bad guy boyfriend.

Swap that stuff out with more personal conversations about how much pressure she's under from her sister and from the memory of her dad and you've got a great, much more personal story.

Makoto's and Ann's confidants share a problem of trying to cover a bit too much and end up being muddled. It's almost like they should develop throughout the story rather than it all being contained to their confidants!

jrcbandit

Why are people even picking one Waifu? I'm dating them all, and I'm having the maid make me coffee or curry for free since we are romancing while banging another chick upstairs! The one romance I am definitely not starting though is your pseudo sister, as I am not into incest-esque relationships ;p. /s

I think hers was just a case of wasted potential. I was all ready to show her the ins and outs of being a cool teen in Tokyo, but then it gets sidetracked by Eiko and her obvious bad guy boyfriend.

Swap that stuff out with more personal conversations about how much pressure she's under from her sister and from the memory of her dad and you've got a great, much more personal story.

100% agree, so disappointed they didn't do this instead.

Makes romancing Haru a much easier decision, though.

Why are people even picking one Waifu? I'm dating them all, and I'm having the maid make me coffee or curry for free since we are romancing while banging another chick upstairs! The one romance I am definitely not starting though is your pseudo sister, as I am not into incest-esque relationships ;p.
Because not all of us think a harem Anime is optimal

yea definitely wouldve greatly improved it. There is a lot of backstory potential there

Thud

"I can taste the elephant"

Reminds me of the old meme 'how can you say you love her if you won't eat her poop'. Anyway at least we bonded over elephants.

Gaming needs more elephants anyway.

Aki-at

RE: Makoto she seems to get an awful lot more in the main game's story than other characters, we see her interaction with her sister, we see everyone
from the principle to Akechi shitting on her...
I see what they were trying to do because all her actual character growth is covered in the main story so they wanted to go with something different but... It was still pretty poor.

Though I wasn't too fond of any of your party's social link this time round, Persona 4 seemed to have done it better. Except Yusuke, posing in a church and finding out more about Madarame helped make his an enjoyable social link.

RE: Makoto she seems to get an awful lot more in the main game's story than other characters, we see her interaction with her sister, we see everyone
from the principle to Akechi shitting on her...
I see what they were trying to do because all her actual character growth is covered in the main story so they wanted to go with something different but... It was still pretty poor.

Though I wasn't too fond of any of your party's social link this time round, Persona 4 seemed to have done it better. Except Yusuke, posing in a church and finding out more about Madarame helped make his an enjoyable social link.
Futaba gets a lot of main story time and a good link story too. I feel like shes the only one who really gets both.

Shengar

Makoto's and Ann's confidants share a problem of trying to cover a bit too much and end up being muddled. It's almost like they should develop throughout the story rather than it all being contained to their confidants!

Ann is a lot better though because you can feel how personal the S-Link due to the focus on Ann's relationship with Shiho. Makoto on the other hand, feels mediocre because the circumstances in the S-Link doesn't feel that personal at all despite her motivation is otherwise.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
LOL, *really* LOVING all these Haru talk in this thread.

Yes, yes, yes, convert to Haru-dom all of you heathens that dare to defy her adorable sweetness. Come and surrender and discover the fluffyness and niceness of our Haru-sama.

Makotos whole confidant was like

Writer: we don't have a plot for Makotos confidant

Director: add a random generic npc who even though the game insists she's smart she can't see the most obvious shit

Writer: done! Man that was easy

Corporate: hey are screen shots still blocked?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I don't understand how anyone could ever be against a cute head patting. Are their souls dead and their hearts desolate or something? Sheeeeesh.

Ultimadrago

I'm curious how much the english/japanese voices have a difference on people's picks.

I'm pretty sure most people posting played with English dub. I played in Japanese largely enjoyed the entire major cast (with only Chihaya's voice perhaps being slightly annoying). It made the characters I preferred all the better and those I didn't on a level playing field.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
The next 3 weeks in game are going to be rough. I have Makato, Tae, Ohya, and Kawakami all at the brink of the romance conversation. And I ran into a couple more that could be interesting. Except for Futaba. God no. She's my little sister that I look after like an imposing big brother.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm pretty sure most people posting played with English dub. I played in Japanese largely enjoyed the entire major cast (with only Chihaya's voice perhaps being slightly annoying). It made the characters I preferred all the better and those I didn't on a level playing field.

Same. I mean if I was going to go off of Tae's english she'd be bottom of my list, but her Japanese is amazing so she's like 3rd.🎵 Odaijini 🎵

What, I really liked Makoto, she seemed way better than most, but like people said she was in more of the story. Her social link was fine, but I did hate the Eiko stuff too.

Lucentto

Banned
I swear I most be one of the only persons that felt nothing rejecting Haru. Makoto is all I need, all the other girls are trash. Well, I guess Tae and Kawakami aren't so bad...

I swear I most be one of the only persons that felt nothing rejecting Haru. Makoto is all I need, all the other girls are trash. Well, I guess Tae and Kawakami aren't so bad...
Same here bro Makoto was fine for me and the rest i didnt care for, Kawakami and Tae probably would of been my other choices.

Top Bottom