• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Social-Link/Confidant discussion |OT| Laughing Banana is Makoto's husbando

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why does Makoto have red eyes, is she a vampire? :eek:

Ann is the type of girl who would insist you see whatever is at the top of the box office and then text through the whole movie.

Actually, Ann is the type of girl who makes you watch chick flicks but completely understands the noble sacrifice you are making for her and will make it up to you later. I know this because it actually happens in the game lol.

Haru likes horror movies but is too scared to watch them alone so she asks you to go.

Yes, her and her fandom consistently drain the life out of any P5 discussion.

nCmUB2F.gif

I don't have anything against Makoto but damn. XD

MC/Akira also randomly gets red eyes in some pictures (usually the ones where he looks like an edgelord in his Phantom Thief attire). Not sure why they decided to do that either.

Actually, Ann is the type of girl who makes you watch chick flicks but completely understands the noble sacrifice you are making for her and will make it up to you later. I know this because it actually happens in the game lol.

Haru likes horror movies but is too scared to watch them alone so she asks you to go.
No she isn't, she just wants you to go so you can boost your ego. She's probably subbed to Shudder. Reason 25 Haru is the best.
There is, and it's a
horror film
I sniped that one.
Doesn't seem like many players here got to know Haru well 😕
Tis a shame. She has the best female Metaverse costume too.

No she isn't, she just wants you to go so you can boost your ego. She's probably subbed to Shudder. Reason 25 Haru is the best.

I was pretty sure Haru actually said something along the lines of "I wanted to see this but I was too scared to see it by myself" during that event, but I may be wrong. Either way, put your pitchfork down if you think I'm knocking Haru, she's great.

I was pretty sure Haru actually said something along the lines of "I wanted to see this but I was too scared to see it by myself" during that event, but I may be wrong. Either way, put your pitchfork down if you think I'm knocking Haru, she's great.
Nah, I'm joking. I was just implying that she has ulterior motives too, playin' those mind games lol. After all, she mains the telekinetic element.

109 hours in and at the last area. Going Haru for my playthrough.

Makoto is cool, but she isn't the best romance option.

For the record:

P3 - Mitsuru
P3P - Shinji
P4 - Rise
P5 - Haru

RalchAC

I think for Persona 3 I romanced a lot of girls? There wasn't a confession moment in that game and it seems everything I'd tell to a member of the opposite sex will be misunderstood as me hitting on them.

For P4 I went for Chie. I dunno, it was a lot of fun hanging around with her, she is nice, protective and easy going and I really liked her SL character arc. P4G was a much more personal experience, so I don't think I'd really want to try a different person in a new playthrough.

For P5 I've romanced Makoto in the first playthrough and I think she is a great character (and Futaba too, but ew) but I think I'm going to go with Haru for my NG+. I really liked her Confidant storyline and it would be great to see those lines by myself. In my first playthrough I rushed towards a romance because I felt I was going to miss most of those special scenes that they have scattered through the game. And there is something satisfying in telling the prosecutor that's been chasing you for half a game that's you're doing adult stuff with her little sister lol.

I find unsatisfying seeing those scenes in YT to be honest.

Both make too much sense.

Mediking

Makoto is prolly crazy popular because of her amazing design(s) and the event that starts off her social link has "waifu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" written all over it. Lol

Zephyx

I've fully decided to commit with Haru on my first playthrough that I left most party confidants at early levels. For reference, I went with Yukari and Rise in P3 and P4 respectively. I wanted to pursue the Lover's arcana this game but I don't like Ann that much.

OrionX

tfw you take a guy somewhere, and all they do is whine about how there are only couples there and it's weird to be there with a dude.

This is why Yusuke is best husbando. He always appreciates mc's company. Bye Iwai and Ryuji, y'all can ride the ferris wheel by yourselves.

LotusHD

Banned
Did that come out wrong? I meant to say that anything that'd make her loving husband happy would make her happy too.

I mean, I get it. It's unappealing in the sense that not everyone is into a girl/guy who only does stuff with you just because you like them, and not because they actually like it themselves. The occasional "noble sacrifice" is perfectly fine, but it'd get old quick imo...

So thus, describing Haru as that girl that will laugh at all your jokes, or watch anything you wanna watch... It's cute, but meh.

naotoxkanji would never happpen, it was always one sided and naoto showed no affection back, and not sure if scene was added for golden, but there is a scene where rise suggests they date but naoto flat out rejects the idea, it happens if you do a study session on oct 16

OrionX

There are a couple of late game scenes that are strongly convincing me Ann/Ryuji is canon lol. Each time
Ryuji's life is in danger, we seem to get a close up, emotional shot of Ann screaming his name.

galvenize

Only two confidant had more-or-less explicit
kiss
scenes unless I'm missing someone (didn't get to do rank 10 haru yet). I feel they faded out way too quickly
in Ann's
scene.

There are a couple of late game scenes that are strongly convincing me Ann/Ryuji is canon lol. Each time
Ryuji's life is in danger, we seem to get a close up, emotional shot of Ann screaming his name.
If your old friend is in danger, don't scream his name in fear because everybody around you will ship you

As usual, quick to deny that ship :lol. I want to as well. But atlas is making it hard with all them hints.
It's not really denying a ship. Yall can ship them but it's a weird one because the assumption is that men and women and can't be close friends without having secret romantic feelings for each other.

Like I have close female friends I find gorgeous but never in a million years would I date them because I've seen sides of theirs I don't want to deal with.

OrionX

It's not really denying a ship. Yall can ship them but it's a weird one because the assumption is that men and women and can't be close friends without having secret romantic feelings for each other.

Like I have close female friends I find gorgeous but never in a million years would I date them because I've seen sides of theirs I don't want to deal with.

I feel like that's the assumption Atlus makes tho, since practically every female in the game easily falls for the mc. Not trying to steal anyone's waifu from them, I'm just calling it like I sees it. :p

I feel like that's the assumption Atlus makes tho, since practically every female in the game easily falls for the mc. Not trying to steal anyone's waifu from them, I'm just calling it like I sees it. :p
But the mc having women fall for them is more due to how self absorbed these girls in Persona are where the guy who sits quietly listens to all of their shit and then responds with one line takes their heart

Defuser

Doing Haru's S-link I know why she was sadly disappointed when MC rejected her 'romance'.

At the near end of the main story at the velvet room, she said MC was her hero, someone she admired. Remember she grew up as innocent naive person, plus the fact she was from a rich background therefore it was like a fairytale to her. MC helped her against Okumura ,supported her during her aftermath struggles therefore Hero = Prince = Romance/crush. MC rejecting it brought her back to reality.

What does this mean? It means the Haru canon ship is sinking lol.

Top Bottom