• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So uh, did that PSC thing happen yet?

I don't know. What time is it in Japan right now? Like... 11 am? At what time does PSC air?

Arcade update's out, just as planned.

Report from a Kanji player was that Shadow Kanji's health was increased from Kanji's standard 10,500 HP to 12,500, which is a significant health increase (also just as planned).

Awesome. Can't wait to get more detailed explanations about the Golden Arena Mode.

I remember reading a wiki article that said Lum is considered The First Moe and I don't know that seemed... inaccurate, based on my knowledge of who Lum is and my understanding of what Moe is.

They don't look the part.

I mean, age has nothing to do with it. That's half the issue.
Ah okay, I'm not well versed on the issue.
Is moe a sexual thing? I thought it was just like cute/colorful or something similar.

I'm not sure, the only think I know that is moe for sure is the neptunia games and atelier, both sexualized iirc. You had to be here for the "atelier is for pedophiles" threads, they were amazing.

Kazzy

You had to be here for the atelier pedophile threads, they were amazing.

They really weren't, as a neutral, it was all just very disconcerting. You're kind of running the risk of turning this thread into that, if you keep along these lines with the discussion.

wmlk

I am watching Hyouka right now and it certainly seems like Chitanda caters to that subculture. As much as I don't want to admit it, it does make me feel slightly uncomfortable knowing that her character was made essentially for that reason.

EDIT: Perfect time to post this with a Hyouka avatar right above my post.

CorvoSol

Persona 4 Ergheiz: God Bless the Manga

P4lL9QY.png

6yU8eaB.png

Trigger

Did P4U even have DLC characters? I expect the dlc to mostly be cosmetic again.

Would pay a premium for FeMC or Makato.

cj_iwakura

I remember reading a wiki article that said Lum is considered The First Moe and I don't know that seemed... inaccurate, based on my knowledge of who Lum is and my understanding of what Moe is.

The first Waifu, maybe. If not Lynn Minmei.
(Urusei Yatsura is near and dear to me.)

Acid08

Banned
It's a fetish. The shows and characters typically aren't explicitly sexualized if at all. Viewers get their rocks off just seeing the girls.
That certainly fits with some of the K-On fans I've seen post in GAF threads. Though I'm sure not everyone who enjoys that show is like that.

Ah okay, I'm not well versed on the issue.

I'm not sure, the only think I know that is moe for sure is the neptunia games and atelier, both sexualized iirc. You had to be here for the "atelier is for pedophiles" threads, they were amazing.
The Atelier games are sexualized? I hadn't gotten that vibe at all from the, admittedly little, I've looked into those games. And I'm pretty sure there was a thread like that about a recent game, can't remember what is was though.

FluxWaveZ

Did P4U even have DLC characters? I expect the dlc to mostly be cosmetic again.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Plus, we already know that there's DLC as an extra scenario that takes place after the events of P4AU.

But Rise and Ken will definitely not be DLC characters. They wouldn't be promoted like this if they were... uh, well Rise wouldn't be.

PK Gaming

Jesus, you nerds move fast...

this week is cosplay right

real talk: who is more appropriate for mako, elizabeth or aigis?

Aigis. Great fanart btw.

That's also very true.

But now I need to hear your opinion on Yosuke and Rise.

What... like together? I see them as friends, I guess. Though Yosuke spends most of the game treating her like an untouchable idol, which is kind of shitty of him, but it does make for some funny interactions.

Caladrius

The Atelier games are sexualized? I hadn't gotten that vibe at all from the, admittedly little, I've looked into those games. And I'm pretty sure there was a thread like that about a recent game, can't remember what is was though.

I've heard it's mostly in the rereleases where you'll find that. I'm about 1/4th of the way through Escha & Logy and have yet to see any sign of Fanservice like that. In fact the only fanservice I've seen so far is a still image of Logy in a workshop tank. (Though I'm playing the Logy side, no idea about what Escha's has.)

What... like together? I see them as friends, I guess. Though Yosuke spends most of the game treating her like an untouchable idol, which is kind of shitty of him, but it does make for some funny interactions.

Yeah. I think that's one of the only pairings I've never actually seen in the fandom.(And I thought you'd be best qualified to have an opinion on it) The only time I entertained the thought, I envisioned them as a belligerent couple where Rise is wearing the pants in the relationship and generally giving the poor git hell.

I just like the idea of angry Rise in general.

That certainly fits with some of the K-On fans I've seen post in GAF threads. Though I'm sure not everyone who enjoys that show is like that.

no idea, I'm just going off the epic debates that use to happen.

Squire

Banned

I've heard it's mostly in the rereleases where you'll find that. I'm about 1/4th of the way through Escha & Logy and have yet to see any sign of Fanservice like that. In fact the only fanservice I've seen so far is a still image of Logy in a workshop tank. (Though I'm playing the Logy side, no idea about what Escha's has.)

Yeah. The extra costumes will be stuff like swimsuits and frilly night gowns.

Moe is not a fetish. There really is no legit definition for it, but its basically an art style that's commonly found in anime.

Eh, the culture around moe pretty heavily supports that it's a fetish, but I'll give you the fact that it is technically undefined.

wmlk

Moe is definitely not a fetish, but it definitely does cater to a specific demographic. So I think its implications are fetish-y.

Eh, the culture around moe pretty heavily supports that it's a fetish, but I'll give you the fact that it is technically undefined.

Another way of putting it.

Yeah. The extra costumes will be stuff like swimsuits and frilly night gowns.

I'm sure moe is somebody's fetish, but it itself is not a fetish. Some people have feet as a fetish, but if somebody asked you to define feet you wouldn't say "its a fetish".

PK Gaming

Yeah. I think that's one of the only pairings I've never actually seen in the fandom.(And I thought you'd be best qualified to have an opinion on it) The only time I entertained the thought, I envisioned them as a belligerent couple where Rise is wearing the pants in the relationship and generally giving the poor git hell.

I just like the idea of angry Rise in general.

I think it's because they have very poor chemistry in general. Aside from Chie, Yosuke doesn't really mesh with any of the other girls in the investigation team (for obvious reasons).

I hear people who play Persona games all want to fuck teenagers.

well just like a lot of fans of moe artstyles and stuff are mistaken for pedophiles who want to masturbate to children, persona fans are mistaken for ephebophiles who want to masturbare to teenagers!

Squire

Banned
I hear people who play Persona games all want to fuck teenagers.

well just like a lot of fans of moe artstyles and stuff are mistaken for pedophiles who want to masturbate to children, persona fans are mistaken for ephebophiles who want to masturbare to teenagers!

I think everyone who's contributed to this discussion across the last few pages has steered pretty clear of making mass generalizations. No groups at large have been insulted.

With the exception of Yosuke navigator dlc (I know boo me, Yosuke sux) I held off on P4A dlc, but if Ultimax has stuff like additional scenarios, challenges, characters, etc. I probably will end up buying it, even if it is day 1.

Edit: not sure if I should put this in the irc or here, but if anyone wants to play Arena tonight or anytime, my PSN is RockderBanja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom