• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, one-and-a-half pages have gone by just from when i went to class this morning, until i got out just now.

I can just feel the hype emanating from everyone in here

Mr. RHC

Hey PersonaGAF!
Completed Persona 3 for the first time ever, my first Megami Tensei game in fact!

I wonder, where should I go from here? Watch the Persona 3 movie? Play Persona 1 or 2? Jump right into Persona 4?

wmlk

What.

It's a Persona 5 reference.

No, that would be too easy.

/s

Hey PersonaGAF!
Completed Persona 3 for the first time ever, my first Megami Tensei game in fact!

I wonder, where should I go from here? Watch the Persona 3 movie? Play Persona 1 or 2? Jump right into Persona 4?

Play P4.

Movies are movies. You can always watch the movies and play P4 at the same time. :p

Sophia

I... actually don't.

.......what?

I'm not seeing anything :/

Gooch, speaking clearly is important, instead of trying to be subtle or clever. :p

Hey PersonaGAF!

Gameplay wise, Persona 4 is more of the same, but even better. You may also wish to check out Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, as well as any post Nocturne game as they're almost all inspired off it in some way.

Persona 1 and Persona 2 are pre-Nocturne, and thus play like the older games. Persona 1 is pretty good, but the gameplay of Persona 2 is a... love it or hate it affair. :p

Drop

So, as of now, the plans have been decided. I will be recording and archiving the stream.

The videos will be posted here: https://www.youtube.com/user/theariaofthesoul

If you'd like, please subscribe. There is no need to, however. I say that so people can see the videos without coming to the thread to see if they are posted. Trust me, I don't mind how many subscribers I have.

I'll do my best to record and upload as much as possible starting tonight! I have the schedule ready and everything.

Thank you, I'm planning on watching as much as I can live, but I will obviously miss some parts.
I'll miss the beginning because it's at 5 am here, if I didn't mess up the time conversions.

Makio

Yes. I'm a slave to everyone here because of doing these things, and it's a reference to the Soup Nazi guy from Seinfeld, right?

Not sure if trolling ....
futuramafry.jpg

hahahaha

Jachaos

The one that said I am slave. No emancipation for me?

Yes. I'm a slave to everyone here because of doing these things, and it's a reference to the Soup Nazi guy from Seinfeld, right?

That was the first teaser we saw from Persona 5, so he's saying that as in you're a slave to the Persona 5 hype. I think.

Thanks a lot for recording the event! It's so close now, can't wait.

So, as of now, the plans have been decided. I will be recording and archiving the stream.

The videos will be posted here: https://www.youtube.com/user/theariaofthesoul

If you'd like, please subscribe. There is no need to, however. I say that so people can see the videos without coming to the thread to see if they are posted. Trust me, I don't mind how many subscribers I have.

I'll do my best to record and upload as much as possible starting tonight! I have the schedule ready and everything.

Thanks dude, subbed, looking forward to catching it after work.

Mr. RHC

Play P4.
Movies are movies. You can always watch the movies and play P4 at the same time. :p

Gameplay wise, Persona 4 is more of the same, but even better. You may also wish to check out Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, as well as any post Nocturne game as they're almost all inspired off it in some way.

Persona 1 and Persona 2 are pre-Nocturne, and thus play like the older games. Persona 1 is pretty good, but the gameplay of Persona 2 is a... love it or hate it affair. :p

:), thanks for the suggestions!

Either way, I will let some time pass before I start a new one.

Not sure if trolling ....
futuramafry.jpg

hahahaha

I got that the reference was from the first P5 trailer. Dragon asked if I got it, so I started thinking there was something else to it. So, the closest thing I thought of was the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld, since he had a similar way of saying things. I also thought he said that because I am a slave due to doing all of this. I got that it was from the first P5 trailer, but I assumed there was more to it. Not trolling at all xD

Sorry about that, guys.

FluxWaveZ

Just woke up... Wonder if I've banked enough sleep to not go delirious by the end of this.

Similarly to MysticDistance, I'll not-shill here because of this tweet that got me some new followers: if anyone here wants to and isn't going to be following the upcoming Persona events very closely, they can follow the Twitter account @PersonaCentral1 for any up-to-date news that will be coming out of this thing.

.JayZii

Banned
The cut is like, exactly the same. They both have a pin on their lapel, and the badge is the same size and a very similar shape. Even the button placement and shape is identical.
I guess so. They're both school uniform jackets so they are bound to be pretty similar by default. It usually comes down to details like color, pocket placement, the style lines (on Naoto's jacket) and P5's turtleneck that differentiate things.

Dantis

I guess so. They're both school uniform jackets so they are bound to be pretty similar by default. It usually comes down to details like color, the style lines (on Naoto's jacket) and P5's turtleneck that differentiate things.

The cut and the details on the P3 and P4 uniforms is completely different, though.

Keep in mind that I'm not saying it means anything at all, it's just an observation. Probably because Soejima designed them both at a similar point in time so it's where his head was at artistically.

Also Naoto's isn't a school uniform. It's just a blazer she wears.

Makio

i be able to see all the ??? segments ... yeah.

I hope they not reveal nothing too hype in other events.

(Still hoping for a live stream of the concert .... but not likely) :C

.JayZii

Banned
The cut and the details on the P3 and P4 uniforms is completely different, though.

Keep in mind that I'm not saying it means anything at all, it's just an observation. Probably because Soejima designed them both at a similar point in time so it's where his head was at artistically.

Also Naoto's isn't a school uniform. It's just a blazer she wears.
I suppose so. If this was buttoned up, it would look really similar too:
CuePevp.jpg

Well, P5 is different from the last two protagonists so that's all that really matters, I think. There's really only so much you can do with a jacket. P4 uniform was an inspired design, It'll be hard to top that.

It's always fun to see how the party members each augment his/her uniform to look iconic. Something that nobody else in school thinks/is allowed to do, apparently.

I enjoy dissecting Soejima's designs, so I hope we can see some party members soon.

Dantis

I suppose so. If this was buttoned up, it would look really similar too:

Well, P5 is different from the last two protagonists so that's all that really matters, I think. There's really only so much you can do with a jacket. P4 uniform was an inspired design, It'll be hard to top that.

It's always fun to see how the party members each augment his/her uniform to look iconic. Something that nobody else in school thinks/is allowed to do, apparently.

I enjoy dissecting Soejima's designs, so I hope we can see some party members soon.

The cut is different on that. The sleeves are kind of flared at the top. Different style badge and pin too. And that's not mentioning the fact that it's a zip instead of buttons.

>P3 Movie trailer

Looks pretty awesome. I'm looking forward specially to the Strega battles.
Makoto x Aigis? MEEEEEH!
Since Ryoji is in the movie, that means animated hot springs operation, right? :p

Dantis

Uh, somebody please tell me that I'm not the only person who'd never realised that the P3 protagonist wears high topped boots until now.

Dawg

What are bets on the new animal mascot/SLs?

Pls no cat.

I wish I wasn't this LTTP because P3 has a shibe ;_;

arue

Naoto is Door-kun's sister.

OPEN YOUR EYES, PEOPLE.

I thought this was the case before I know Persona 4.

But with fanart, anything could come true.

Edit: I just went to MysticDistance's Youtube channel on a desktop and I saw a spoiler-y video from Persona Q. So those people who have not finished PQ yet, be aware of that!

Also, I don't mean to put Mystic on the spot like that, I just want others to be cautious. :x

Verder

Narukami wears loafers.

I always thought Makoto wore, like, smart shoes.

oh he does.
is there potential that yu might be a npc or party member in p5? since he moves back to the city. thats IF p5 takes place sometime after p4 or somethin. No time traveling shit please.

Makio

What are bets on the new animal mascot/SLs?

Pls no cat.

I say it like 1000 times .. a talking "sailor moon type" cat.

Or a nekomata waifu ...
Nekomata_0.jpg

I mean we another type of waifu from the robogirls (how i can bet we have one in this too maybe a 4th generation or 8th generation shadow weapon).

DNAbro

oh he does.
is there potential that yu might be a npc or party member in p5? since he moves back to the city. thats IF p5 takes place sometime after p4 or somethin. No time traveling shit please.

I'm going to guess that P5 takes place in 2018. So I don't think Yu would be a party member. (Not the only reason obviously)

And please no mascot character. Don't even want an animal character or androids

Dantis

STOP SAYING WAIFU.

I don't want an animal mascot party member. I feel like it would be cooler if the party had a pet that was just a pet; not an ass kicking, monster fighting pet.

Verder

I say it like 1000 times .. a talking "sailor moon type" cat.

Or a nekomata waifu ...
Nekomata_0.jpg

I mean we another type of waifu from the robogirls (how i can bet we have one in this too maybe a 4th generation or 8th generation shadow weapon).

god no.

Id take labrys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom