• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makio

I think like Theo , Labrys fits with the p3 world hell even they
Make her the MC of the P3 team in Ultimax
kinda..

So what kind of no human characther we have this time ... a ghost / demon maybe, or something like Burroughs from SMT IV

What if Glasses kun is the only human in the party....
191312-nocturne1.jpg

Kinda late to the discussion... but after Aigis and Labrys, I don't know if another android would work. And would it even fit in P5? As much as I adore Aigis, i don't want another android unless they do it right like Aigis and Labrys

I'm curious as to how else they could do non-human character, we've got droids, animals, and even
a benign shadow
The closest I can see them going without retreading ground is working the general outsider angle by having a foreigner join the team, and even Lisa is sorta pushing that!

LX_Theo

Banned
I could easily see them simply making something up. They haven't been shy in the past for simply expanding the lore of the world to suit an addition of a character.

Maybe a shapeshifter?

I was thinking shapeshifting into other people and animals. Like deceiving people with it.

I think that's Digital Devil Saga? I'm not immensely familiar with its story and concepts.
Yeah that's Digital Devil Saga, and that game is pretty rooted in Hinduism and Buddhism, and they are right, as many of the Hindu Gods have different forms and faces. The game also brings up the concepts of reincarnation, Nirvana, karma, mantra(spiritual power), atma(inner self or soul) though both story and gameplay.

I think they'll try to distance themselves if they do another non-human character. I believe Labrys is only around because of how involved P3 was with the Arena duology.
Yeah, I'm all for another android, but it would feel too soon. I like how unique Aigis and Labrys were, don't want to dilute that with another unless Atlus pulls it off well.

Also, I'm gonna be stuck at work for another 2 hours -__- Since it seems like everyone is going to be using the IRC for chatting during the event, may someone link it for me?

Lunar15

Digital Devil Saga = Shoji Meguro soundtrack rocks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCuOjfyUHnA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPsU-ZMC6SA

I expected more rocking Meguro for p5 , minus urban j pop this time please.

I agree that DDS is his best. That said, I feel like the soundtrack for Persona games skews younger and trendier because the whole idea is that it's kids in high school. I don't expect this to change.

I think my biggest hope is that Meguro is actually doing the lion's share of the soundtrack. Kitajoh has been used so much lately.

Sophia

Yeah, I'm all for another android, but it would feel too soon. I like how unique Aigis and Labrys were, don't want to dilute that with another unless Atlus pulls it off well.

Also, I'm gonna be stuck at work for another 2 hours -__- Since it seems like everyone is going to be using the IRC for chatting during the event, may someone link it for me?

Chatroom link.

Removed the spoiler chatroom link because people are discussing stuff in the wrong room.

Makio

I agree that DDS is his best. That said, I feel like the soundtrack for Persona games skews younger and trendier because the whole idea is that it's kids in high school. I don't expect this to change.

I think my biggest hope is that Meguro is actually doing the lion's share of the soundtrack. Kitajoh has been used so much lately.

Yeah is his best in my opinion too , and i see your point , but maybe is the idea the trailer give , but i can see p5 more "mature" than p3 / p4 almost reaching Persona 2 levels of badass feel.

No get me wrong i frickin love the tracks in persona 3 & 4 and his music styles

So Persona 5 needs more kicking ass songs like Bloody Destiny (Persona 1) , Laser Beam , Let Butterflies Spread Until the Dawn type of songs

and minus Heartbreak , Heartbeat , Way of Life, Time to make history type of songs... i prefer 1000 times a instrumental track like DDS and no another "romantic" vocal track like p3 and p4.

Kitajoh is the guy they make the characters themes in Arena duology right , the guy have killers tracks in PQ and such but the themes for Arena sucks ... (minus Shabrys and Yukiko theme) the are good tracks but not fit to the characthers are too campy.

Does anyone know if in P3/FES/P/4/Golden if Boost/Amp skills stack along with accessories that boost various elemental damage? Or does the game ignore everything but whatever your highest boost is?

Sophia

Does anyone know if in P3/FES/P/4/Golden if Boost/Amp skills stack along with accessories that boost various elemental damage? Or does the game ignore everything but whatever your highest boost is?

You cannot stack all three. If all three are present, then the accessory is nulled out.

Boost + Amp
Boost + Accessory
Amp + Accessory.

Andrefpvs

How I expect the Persona stream reactions to go down (in emoji form):

😝
😜
😄
😊
😑
😐
😥
😓
😩
😞
😠
💔
😴
😴
😴
😮
😲 😲 😲
😵
😃
😄
😄
😀
😁 😁 😁
😍
😍
😍
😮
😖
😟
😦
😬
😒
💔
😣
😣
😑
😶
😫💤
😫💤
😫💤
😴
❕❕❕
😨
😲
😲 😲 😲 😲 😲❕
😄
😀
😁 😁 😁
😍 😍 😍 😍 😍
😜
💓

The End

You cannot stack all three. If all three are present, then the accessory is nulled out.

Boost + Amp
Boost + Accessory
Amp + Accessory.

So ideally you'd want something like Boost + Amp + Stat boosting accessory/SP boosting accessory or Amp + Damage boosting accessory + Additional skill

Hello there, everyone! As there is less than an hour left until the stream begins, I have prepared my recording software and my YouTube channel. So, once things start, expect me to record it. Each event will be uploaded once it ends. So, the first event are PQ character trailers.

I'll also be recording the Teddie countdown that starts before the first event.

Tamanon

Banned
Might be best to sleep early for the real reveal tomorrow morning!

Unless you think Teddie will grace us with teasers to start.

KUMA

Remember when ATLUS said that the stream would be broadcasted on the P-ch site? It will be. p-ch.jp was updated again. The TV box will be overlayed with the stream when it starts, apparently. I'm looking at source code. A picture of Nanako is also there with the text that says "View Live Stream Info" The background width was also fixed to where the boxes aren't hidden. Now it looks like a real TV channel guide. Really liking that.

FluxWaveZ

Remember when ATLUS said that the stream would be broadcasted on the P-ch site? It will be. p-ch.jp was updated again. The TV box will be overlayed with the stream when it starts, apparently. I'm looking at source code. A picture of Nanako is also there with the text that says "View Live Stream Info" The background width was also fixed to where the boxes aren't hidden. Now it looks like a real TV channel guide. Really liking that.

All of that was there when I posted about the update yesterday (made a news post about it), at 11 PM. Did you just clear your cache or something?

Zebetite

Banned
ULTIMATE UNQUESTIONABLY-OBJECTIVELY-RIGHT SHOJI MEGURO NORMAL BATTLE THEME POWER RANKING (IF IT ISN'T HERE I HAVEN'T PLAYED THE GAME AND IT'S OBJECTIVELY BAD UNTIL I DO):

1) Mass Destruction (P3)
2) Nocturne Dungeon Battle
3) Battle for Survival (DDS2)
4) Nocturne World Map Battle
5) Hunting (DDS)
6) Reach Out To The Truth (P4)
7) Nocturne Amala Battle
8) Nocturne Town Battle
9) Wiping All Out (P3P)

THEY'RE ALL GOOD THO

King Fost

Neo Member
I could easily see them simply making something up. They haven't been shy in the past for simply expanding the lore of the world to suit an addition of a character.

Maybe a shapeshifter?

Might be a tanuki or a fox. Those are shapeshifters in japanese mythology apparently.

I'd be down with another animal in the party again, though he/she'd need some way of communicating. Koro was pretty awesome he mainly just needed to be more relevant.

Makio

MysticDistance thanks for the first video , any twitch link not works in my pc and i miss that first part.

Kuma mentions Persona Dancing All The Night so all the bets to the Event 7 gonna be a Dancing all the night reveal.

We are ready Atlus bring it

And that 28 hours countdown is p5 related obviously.

Hey, guys! I'm not trying to shill here, trust me. I don't care about Twitter, and I'd never self-promote anything. But, since there are people who won't be able to view the stream, I decided to make a Twitter account for this to livetweet events while I'm recording them. This also goes for news and site updates. I'll be using my phone for the tweets, of course.

https://twitter.com/_MysticDistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom