• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimax is much better, in my opinion, mainly because of the story format it adopted. Instead of it being highly repetitive like P4A was, P4AU adopted the BlazBlue: Chronophantasma method of having all-encompassing, linear story chapters instead of an individual chapter per character that basically told the same story from a different perspective. It made things less convoluted and far more tolerable to go through.

Sounds good.

And looks like it bombed here seeing it's already down to $29, lucky me :p

artsi

With all the
space bullshit , in that ending looks more advanced than actual stuff
makes me wonder in what year Catherine is set ... or is like "in not a distant future".

And not surprise if they try to hint Catherine in Persona 5 i love to see too many Catherine hints like Catherine have P3 and P4 ones.

The true freedom ending made the game complete scifi, I mean it reveals that
he's been living in space the whole time on a giant ship with a city in it. Now he's just taking a shuttle somewhere else.

Makio

The true freedom ending made the game complete scifi, I mean it reveals that
he's been living in space the whole time on a giant ship with a city in it. Now he's just taking a shuttle somewhere else.

Holy shit ... mind blown ... seriously i never notice that.

I always thought he
travel to that city in the space , since he won the money and shit

More reasons to love the Freedom endings since they are my favorite and
canon in my heart
thanks to Vincent's character.

PK Gaming

Holy shit ... mind blown ... seriously i never notice that.

I always thought he
travel to that city in the space , since he won the money and shit

More reasons to love the Freedom endings since they are my favorite and
canon in my heart
thanks to Vincent's character.

Seconding that the True Freedom Ending is basically the True Ending even though that's an inherently an absurd declaration to make.

It's really fucking good though.

FluxWaveZ

Sounds good.

And looks like it bombed here seeing it's already down to $29, lucky me :p

I'm pretty sure P4AU did pretty well in NA, actually. It's been 9 months since its release, games will usually get discounted after that amount of time, not to mention Atlus games.

I'm in Australia.

The norm for Atlus games here is for them to be sold out and impossible to find a few months after launch :p

Ah, I see; no idea in that case, then. In the past, Atlus games being sold out and hard to find was normal in a lot of places, though, even in North America.

I'm pretty sure P4AU did pretty well in NA, actually. It's been 9 months since its release, games will usually get discounted after that amount of time, not to mention Atlus games.

I'm in Australia.

The norm for Atlus games here is for them to be sold out and impossible to find a few months after launch :p

Speaking of Ultimax, I didnt see it posted here, but.....

437 Persona 4 Ultimax entrants at Evo this year, beating out Killer Instinct with 397 and beating out Persona 4 Arena's entrants in 2013 with 400.

So overall, not bad for a game in a genre that's had 2 other games come out in its timeframe (GGXrd and BBCPE) and is still waiting on a console 2.0 revision.

Cant wait to get my ass handed to me when I play XD

QuadOpto

Pepsiman is no longer doing Persona translations.

It seems Pepsiman is getting into the process of full-time translation work, and moving to Japan, and as such won't have time for some fan translation endeavors, specifically things like Persona trailers and the like.

For those who don't know, Pepsiman's a great guy who's basically been subtitling every Persona trailer ever released on atlustube since around the first days of the Ultimax trailers. He also did things like host stream mirrors for Nicovideo events, did translations of full magazine interviews, (both new and old) and even part of a documentary for Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne. His work was pretty much always high quality and always a source of excitement no matter what it was.

While I feel really bummed that he won't be posting subtitled Persona videos anymore, I feel happy knowing he's gotten some serious work and is able to pursue his dreams!

It seems Pepsiman is getting into the process of full-time translation work, and moving to Japan, and as such won't have time for some fan translation endeavors, specifically things like Persona trailers and the like.

For those who don't know, Pepsiman's a great guy who's basically been subtitling every Persona trailer ever released on atlustube since around the first days of the Ultimax trailers. He also did things like host stream mirrors for Nicovideo events, did translations of full magazine interviews, (both new and old) and even part of a documentary for Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne. His work was pretty much always high quality and always a source of excitement no matter what it was.

While I feel really bummed that he won't be posting subtitled Persona videos anymore, I feel happy knowing he's gotten some serious work and is able to pursue his dreams!

That's a shame. I really enjoyed his streams and all of his translations were super helpful.

If you happen to be reading this. Good luck Pepsiman!

Levito

Banned
Anywho, one of my friends has been assaulting me with a gif of my own video which they found on youtube:

m6Qyzq.gif

You're braver than me, I never actually stood up to that challenge.

Also I know I'm not as active on here as I used to be, but big announcement regarding S.Link FM is going down tomorrow.

Pachimari

I'm thinking, are there any good Persona 5 wallpapers out there for mobile?

I already have the "Persona 5 - Game On" wallpaper with his demon in the back.

I wonder how much of this is a blessing in disguise for Pepsiman, considering some sites (Mostly Silliconera) were copping his translations and using them without credit. Why bother doing it if sites aren't going to give you credit for what you're doing?

Nevertheless, someone will step up. They always do.

Young Magus

Pepsiman,

Just wanna say thanks for all your contributions breh.

jordansalute-png.5965

Labrys's section almost made me tear up a little.

I nearly did when i watched her story for the first time, even without any context to Persona. Labrys' story is actually my first ever experience with Persona, i didn't even know what it was before. And when i finally did get to P4A after P3 and P4, i did tear up, quite a bit.

cj_iwakura

Having serious creative differences with the EP PSP hacker. This script is too damn large for him to nitpick my efforts this much.

Replace Hybrid Theory with Minutes to Midnight, and the P4 > P3 theory fits.

god that album sucked

Wait, HT or MtM? Because I loved HT, apart from that damn Crawling song.

Levito

Banned
Welp, here it is. After two years and 50+ Episodes, it was either laying the show to rest, or changing it up entirely. We chose the latter. So, I present a podcast reborn:

(click image for episode link)

Basically: we're changing from solely Persona to a RPG centric podcast.

I just wanted to say thanks to y'all for the support and contributions over the years. S.Link FM has had a profound impact on my life and given me many amazing opportunities and I've made several lifelong friendsbecause of it. wouldn't have happened if I had not come on PGAF all those years ago.

I'll still post the SMT/Persona episodes on here too. We still love Persona and will never stop talking about it. :)

danthefan

In P4G do the dungeons get longer and longer as the game goes on? I just did the second one and 11 floors I just found to be boring.

Also while I was in the TV I forgot I had a load of quests to do in the other dungeon :(

But yeah dungeon crawling aside the game is amazing, I'm totally hooked.

FluxWaveZ

I'm close to having all my 2015 predictions come through:
  1. Persona 5 will come out and it will be good.
  2. A genuinely "exciting new" Atlus game gets announced next year.
  3. Dai Gyakuten Saiban gets announced for localization, and so does Danganronpa: Another Episode.
  4. An "exciting new" Arc System Works game gets announced.
  5. Zero Escape 3 and Danganronpa 3 get announced.
Another: July 13, 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom