• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

I remember when I'd be chopping at the bits for every single piece of info.

Now I'm just, hey, where's the game.

What we need is a game we can rely on. One that won't promise the moon then run out on us.

560e5dea922e9_thumb.jpg

We're kindred spirits, you and I.

arue

What we need is a game we can rely on. One that won't promise the moon then run out on us.

560e5dea922e9_thumb.jpg
Agree. I think I'm more hyped for SMT4F than P5 at the moment.

But of course it'd be reversed once there is even a slight news of Persona 5.

Weiss

Banned
Agree. I think I'm more hyped for SMT4F than P5 at the moment.

But of course it'd be reversed once there is even a slight news of Persona 5.

I'm honestly at the point where I don't care about Persona 5.

I'll go fanboy when we're closer to release date, but no point in getting hyped for something that can only seem to be reliably delayed.

FluxWaveZ

I think the Persona 4 The Golden Animation re-broadcast is significant in relation to the upcoming Persona 5 anime and/or the anniversary event.

John comes out and says something is happening, people call him a liar and begin speculating.

John comes out and says something is not happening, people call him a liar and begin speculating.

:|

Jintor

here's the thing about info:

info by itself doesn't really matter much until you get your hands on the full game

that's the mantra i repeat to myself whenever i'm in danger of becoming excited about the future :D

Lusankya

The German dub is... well, different. I don't like it. There's already a clip floating around if you want to see it.

Do you have a link? I can't seem to find it.

The German description on amazon.de is also pretty funny:

"[....] Why is Yuuki able to summon the Persona? Where are the Shadows coming from? And how can you break this nightly cycle for good?"

"[...] Warum ist Yuuki in der Lage das Persona zu beschwören? Woher kommen die Shadows? Und wie kann man diesen nächtlichen Kreislauf endgültig durchbrechen?"

Setsu00

Do you have a link? I can't seem to find it.

The German description on amazon.de is also pretty funny:

"[....] Why is Yuuki able to summon the Persona? Where are the Shadows coming from? And how can you break this nightly cycle for good?"

"[...] Warum ist Yuuki in der Lage das Persona zu beschwören? Woher kommen die Shadows? Und wie kann man diesen nächtlichen Kreislauf endgültig durchbrechen?"

Here you go.

It's too close to the Japanese script if you ask me and the acting is subpar. Akihiko's voice is especially bad.

Sophia

Feels like they're speaking on top of the sound effects in that clip. Like they're in a wind tunnel or hangar and everything else is going on just right outside.

Yukari doesn't sound bad, however.

Setsu00

Feels like they're speaking on top of the sound effects in that clip. Like they're in a wind tunnel or hangar and everything else is going on just right outside.

Yeah, it's pretty rough. They're still working on the mixing.

Lusankya

Well, it says on top "Unbearbeitetes Rohmaterial", so it is unedited material.

Setsu00

is it that bad?

It's not my cup of tea, but I appreciate that someone believes that Persona is profitable enough in Germany to bring the films over. I'm probably going to buy them.

Ooh, that explains it.

I'm not fluent in German at all, but their Fuuka does seem a little bit better than the original English Fuuka. Actually sounds fairly close to Mamiko Noto.

The actual voices are fine (except for Akihiko and Shinjiro), but the acting is off.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Potentially stupid P4D question, how the hell do you get the gold/black medals for scratch notes? None of the songs have anywhere near enough notes for it.

Also, I thought I would have turned voices off during the songs, but the things they say are so hilarious I never have. Playing this has me 100% convinced that the intended love interest for Yu in P4 is Yosuke.

Potentially stupid P4D question, how the hell do you get the gold/black medals for scratch notes? None of the songs have anywhere near enough notes for it.

Also, I thought I would have turned voices off during the songs, but the things they say are so hilarious I never have. Playing this has me 100% convinced that the intended love interest for Yu in P4 is Yosuke.

You don't have to hit scratch notes for them, it's just the number of times you scratch in total, so just do one of the longer songs on easy and mash the sticks the whole time.

Several times I've been so close to buying a damn Vita for P4G. Today I've been tempted to buy a discounted PSTV, but I had a look at the library and literally the only thing I'd want for it is P4G.

Please Atlus, just release it on PS4 or PC. :(

Several times I've been so close to buying a damn Vita for P4G. Today I've been tempted to buy a discounted PSTV, but I had a look at the library and literally the only thing I'd want for it is P4G.

If you aren't super strapped for cash, I'd say take the plunge on a PSTV since they're really cheap.

Just think of it as a super special collector's edition of P4G that comes with its own dedicated system. It's like an arcade cabinet, only... not.

If you aren't super strapped for cash, I'd say take the plunge on a PSTV since they're really cheap.

Just think of it as a super special collector's edition of P4G that comes with its own dedicated system. It's like an arcade cabinet, only... not.

It's heavily discounted here in Sweden at the moment, but still not cheap enough for me. If it drops more I'll go for it.

An arcade cabinet that also plays PSP games.
EDIT:
That's right, you also get access to classics such as Everybody's Stress Buster and Dead or Alive Paradise.

I was thinking more Dissidia and P3P, but hey. To each their own. :/

JCX

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlMscAdJiuKoFB0gLk28F8-m_CitCoVDw

This is what i used, just follow the suggested videos for the rest of the parts. I'll see if there's a playlist

EDIT= There, updated the link, should now be the playlist of all the parts

Thanks!

Given P4G's critical acclaim, I'm surprised Atlus hasn't released it on PS4 as a way to build up the fanbase. There seem to be a lot of PS4/Vita games now (SOA, Digimon, World of FF) so it shouldn't be too tough to do.

Given P4G's critical acclaim, I'm surprised Atlus hasn't released it on PS4 as a way to build up the fanbase. There seem to be a lot of PS4/Vita games now (SOA, Digimom, World of FF) so it shouldn't be too tough to do.

It would probably be a western-only port, since it most likely wouldn't do amazingly on PS4 in Japan.

There's some precedent with Ultimax 360 (PS3 exclusive in Japan), though Vita to PS4 is probably a bit more complex.

Weiss

Banned
Between SMT4 Final and Persona 5 next year, is there any time to hawk more Persona?

what am i saying of course there is

Top Bottom