• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

xb5o6lD.png

#ItsHappening

xb5o6lD.png

#ItsHappening

Called it.
Crazy idea: The final P4 spinoff will release in 2020.
Persona 4
Olympics.

The final boss is the manifestation of man's hatred of foreigners.
(This is of course after facing
the embodiment of man's desire for affordable housing in their Sim City game, and the embodiment of man's desire to remove dissenting opinions in their Twitter app for smartphones.
)

So Soul-chan sent me a copy of Persona Q which means I now own every major Persona game. Which is the better story path p3 or p4 or does it not really matter?

PK Gaming

So Soul-chan sent me a copy of Persona Q which means I now own every major Persona game. Which is the better story path p3 or p4 or does it not really matter?

It comes down to which game did you prefer, which cast would you like to see more of, and which protagonist would you rather see talk - (on the P3 path the Persona 4 protagonist talks and vice versa)

I personally prefer the P4 route since it gives P3MC the chance to be his own man.
That and Yu isn't weak to darkness.

No idea how the story differs tho (probably just conversations in the dungeon and a few strolls).

There's actually a lot of changes, but they're mostly small after the first couple of hours

Just pick the team you'd rather spend a slightly longer time with I'd say

It comes down to which game did you prefer, which cast would you like to see more of, and which protagonist would you rather see talk - (on the P3 path the Persona 4 protagonist talks and vice versa)

I personally prefer the P4 route since it gives P3MC the chance to be his own man.
That and Yu isn't weak to darkness.

No idea how the story differs tho (probably just conversations in the dungeon and a few strolls).

There's actually a lot of changes, but they're mostly small after the first couple of hours

Just pick the team you'd rather spend a slightly longer time with I'd say

I prefer the P4 cast to the P3 cast, but it'd be weird to see Minato talking where as Yu talking is something I'm used to. That and we get so many P4 games where as the full P3 cast kinda gets the shaft. Guess I'll try P3 first

I prefer the P4 cast to the P3 cast, but it'd be weird to see Minato talking where as Yu talking is something I'm used to. That and we get so many P4 games where as the full P3 cast kinda gets the shaft. Guess I'll try P3 first

I remember the P3 cast getting their time to shine in my P4 run, but I understand.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Serious question: In 2016 when the game releases, would you read P5 reviews or avoid them like the plague? Assume the reviews go live before the game hits the streets.

Zolo

Probably avoid them. I already know I'm getting the game brand new no matter what the reception is. I also have confidence in the team that at worst, it'll still be decent.

Serious question: In 2016 when the game releases, would you read P5 reviews or avoid them like the plague? Assume the reviews go live before the game hits the streets.

I'm probably going to check if the game is working properly on launch but I'll try to avoid everything related to the story/features.

I'll open and grow a gaming website so that by the point Persona 5 comes out, I qualify for a review copy anyway.

Serious answer: probably avoid, I don't tend to bother with reviews for stuff anyway, and we'll probably have a decent idea as to how it was received in Japan by that point anyway.

Also, I like how far the graphics have come since TGS:
kFcVoWV.png

Lunar15

I'm going to avoid them like crazy. I don't even think I want to know what the scores are. I'd like to be as unbiased as possible. I don't want to overhype or also go in knowing about a bunch of negatives that I'll constantly be looking for.

arue

I'd avoid them because reviews can deflate my excitement. Why read reviews when I'll get the game in <1 week anyway? (Hopefully the street date won't get broken by that far).

I'm going to read the reviews from the critics I like. I won't go full ham and read everything until I play it myself.

The only parts I might read would be snippets posted on GAF. I definitely won't be seeking reviews out, and I don't see myself participating in any potential review thread.

I'm gonna just check the scores so I won't get spoiled and, at the same time, have my expectations adjusted. I'll play regardless of the result since Persona is a dear franchise to me.

Kozmos

I'll be avoiding them. Part of what was so great about playing P3 and 4 was not knowing anything going in.

I hear there's this country where the street date could be broken up to months in advance.

When you live in Europe, it's called America.

I'd be looking up import impressions and Japanese reviews at the very least. My hype may not be off the charts, but I'm still a young man with needs...........

I played Persona 3 and 4 without knowing anything about them beforehand, and they ended being such great rides. I want to do the same thing with Persona 5.

Especially in a game so focused on its story and characters I really want to know as little as possible beforehand.

All I want to know is how well it runs on PS3 and PS4, and how the two versions compare technically.

Ohh... I forgot, this too. If impressions on technical performance are out pretty early it might be the push I need to finally get a PS4 if P5 is markedly better on the current-gen system.

Sophia

SPOILER HOUND REPORTING FOR DUTY AND READY TO ABSORB ANY AND ALL INFORMATION ABOUT PERSONA 5. :3

cheez124

i'll most likely end up reading them, even though i shouldn't. i ended up spoiling pretty much all of MGSV for myself before it came out, even though i told myself over and over i wouldn't look at spoilers

spoilers are just so tempting, man

As much as I'd like to avoid reviews, I know I can't once they're out so I'll read a few. I generally think they don't spoil too much anyway.

Lusankya

As much as I'd like to avoid reviews, I know I can't once they're out so I'll read a few. I generally think they don't spoil too much anyway.
Exactly, so I will watch all videos provided by Atlus and most of the preview/review videos. As long as they don't reveal critical story sectons, I don't feel spoiled.

I'm going to be 24 years old and playing a game about trying to date high school girls to make better Satans.
Well, I will be 32 by then and don't see a problem. The character I play can be any age honestly.

JCX

You all were right, the live version of The Battle for Everyone's Souls is fantastic, wish that were in the game instead of the boring in-game version.

Top Bottom