• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

MSMrRound

Made me giggle a bit on the inside. I see it as a sign of how far the Persona brand had grown (SQ-E senpai noticed Atlus!) though it will probably amount to nothing...

Ahh we are so close to the start of 2016 now. I'm sort of fighting it out with my colleagues over the pre-ordering of Persona 5 collector editions (even though we still have absolutely no clue what it would look like!). Hopefully my boss will be able to bring in enough to satisfy my colleagues and me at the game shop that we are working at in Singapore. I'll personally fork over some money to my boss so that he can help me to print some Persona 5 posters once we get final retail cover and stuff.

Persona 5 trailer with English HUD and text at Sony press con E3 2016 or riot! *Stares*

Lunar15

Lawd, that thread.

Anywho, saleswise, it's a no brainer, at least internationally. FF just *is* the JRPG brand. That said, this whole thing is a huge victory for Atlus in my mind, at least in terms of recognition.

That said, it does kinda stink if the two release at the same time. It definitely eats a lot of P5's lunch. And we've already got boneheads comparing one to the other as if one has to be good and one has to be bad. What if they're both fucking great? Such a concept does not exist on GAF.

PK Gaming

Atlus: oh you fuckers are scared now
Square:bro, we're CLEARLY doing this for you

Cross posting from FE. Would appreciate any advice with Genei Ibunroku#FE OT graphics since this is my second OT.

Check out Genei Ibunroku #FE when the game is out next week! Everyone go buy Kiria's image song Reincarnation (*´﹃`*) ლ(´ڡ`ლ)

I love the style, but I think I would definitely prefer if it was in a fancier font.

Shun

Atlus: oh you fuckers are scared now
Square:bro, we're CLEARLY doing this for you

I love the style, but I think I would definitely prefer if it was in a fancier font.

Any suggestions? Not sure what font is being used for the game, I tried to but it didn't work so I just used something that was similar to the website's

If anyone knew how to get a font like the logo I would be very appreciate.

PK Gaming

Any suggestions? Not sure what font is being used for the game, I tried to but it didn't work so I just used something that was similar to the website's

If anyone knew how to get a font like the logo I would be very appreciate.

I don't think you need to copy the game's font, but anything that would look more aesthetically pleasing should work.

The current font isn't bad, but it seems... bland.

Shun

That next level pancake art.

CUoZoFwUAAA37AU.jpg
CUoZoIRUAAAkZ1e.jpg

CUoZoITUsAE-k9j.jpg

CUoZoIeVAAA8fox.jpg

Lunar15

If the only trailer they released between now and launch was just showing off the UI and Menus, I'd probably be fine with this.

Shun

Persona 4 Dancing All Night Collector Edition for America player is only 54 dollar + tax on amazon right now.

If you haven't gotten a chance to pick up the game it is the cheapest it has been and will get cheaper. If it gets cheaper later you can ask amazon to refund you the difference.

It might even go lower since there are still Persona Q collector edition going for 38 dollar.

jzbluz

Persona 4 Dancing All Night Collector Edition for America player is only 54 dollar + tax on amazon right now.

If you haven't gotten a chance to pick up the game it is the cheapest it has been and will get cheaper. If it gets cheaper later you can ask amazon to refund you the difference.

It might even go lower since there are still Persona Q collector edition going for 38 dollar.

It actually went down to $30(it debuted at ~$100 though) in the Canadian site for awhile, so I would say that it can go lower.

I only got a PS3 a few months ago and already had a Vita for over a year. For some reason I always assumed PS3 Remote Play was a thing that actually worked. That would have been awesome since I prefer these games on a handheld rather than a console, but I did want to play FES for my first P3 playthrough. I'm making progress, but very slowly.

im kind of regretting getting FES over P3P after a few hours

the game just doesn't look good stretched out on my 40" HDTV.. understandably it wasn't meant to be played on that type of screen

might just double dip for P3P .. its cheap enough .. my vita should be here next week.. christmas present to myself kind of thing ;)

also the no fatigue system sounds way better in P3P

It's not really there anymore. What remains is simply the same as Persona 4's mechanic where going into the dungeon means you can't do some stuff later on.

It's still there in the sense that your guys can still get tired and sick. It's just so easily prevented or fixed that it doesn't matter anymore. Going to Tartarus takes up the last slot of the day in both versions, iirc.

im kind of regretting getting FES over P3P after a few hours

the game just doesn't look good stretched out on my 40" HDTV.. understandably it wasn't meant to be played on that type of screen

might just double dip for P3P .. its cheap enough .. my vita should be here next week.. christmas present to myself kind of thing ;)

also the no fatigue system sounds way better in P3P

I played with the settings quite a bit, but nothing looked quite right to me. In the end I switched upscaling completely off and smoothing on, which looks well enough. The fatigue system doesn't bother me too much, but I just need to remember to actually avoid some or most battles now if I want to make it to the next teleporter, which I'm not really a fan of.

We don't hate Marie. Probably.

Considering the last time that happened, it ended with
her inventing mortality out of spite,
they're better off friends.

That and the parasitic worm of Marise has bored into my cortex.
:)

Going to throw it out there that, as far as I'm concerned, joking about Marie's heavy-handedness is the closest I'd like to get to ships. If we come up with a really good idea maybe I'll budge but I don't think that's likely.

Pfft. Good luck with that.

Anyways, I wanted to get this up earlier but I'm currently in the midst of exams. The next one shouldn't be too far off unless it gets stolen or something.

Good luck with that.

84X

Banned
Going to throw it out there that, as far as I'm concerned, joking about Marie's heavy-handedness is the closest I'd like to get to ships. If we come up with a really good idea maybe I'll budge but I don't think that's likely.

Anyways, I wanted to get this up earlier but I'm currently in the midst of exams. The next one shouldn't be too far off unless it gets stolen or something.

Shun

I gave up my iDOLM@STER Makoto avatar for this. It was a needed change anyway since I went from Naoto to Mitsuru to Mine Fujiko to Makoto to now Kiria...

I am glad you enjoyed the OP. I hope that this game ends up being as good if not better than Persona.

Mediking

Remember how there were blatant and obvious references to Persona 3 in Persona 4? Well, in Persona 5... I'm betting that we will see Dojima, Adachi and Nanako. Dojima because he is a cop. I bet Nanako gets a time skip and is a private investigator. Adachi is prolly a guy you see in jail along with Vincent from Catherine.

I kinda figured Naoto would fulfill the role of a cameo in P5 If they're gonna do it.

Some random S.link character would also be a contender, or a Junes as a location.

Remember how there were blatant and obvious references to Persona 3 in Persona 4? Well, in Persona 5... I'm betting that we will see Dojima, Adachi and Nanako. Dojima because he is a cop. I bet Nanako gets a time skip and is a private investigator. Adachi is prolly a guy you see in jail along with Vincent from Catherine.

I'm going to say none of this will happen, the characters are far too central to P4 to show up in P5, same with Naoto for those thinking that.

If there is going to be a P3/4 "cameo", it will be something extremely minor and inconsequential, and to be honest, I dont think there even will be one.

Top Bottom