• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Every character's all-out-attack portrait:
PzWoqlG.jpg

Nachos

Hmm. I wonder what the hard time limit will be, assuming it keeps to the same formula of 'do the boss by x date otherwise game over'
There's also the actual time limit – as in, the countdown you can see in some scenes that seems to persist in and out of battle.

Interesting. You can see bits of their code names behind them. Morgana's at least contains "Mona," Sakura's contains "Nav," Yusuke's English one seems to be Fox, Frenchy's is Noir, and the mystery member's is Q.

What the heck??!?!? Usually the high school outfits can just be bought in the game! Now they're DLC? Day one DLC?

It's a shame but it's the best form of dlc we can hope for day one. Cosmetics won't impact on the main game and the dlc persona were evident from persona q.

Sophia

AtlusJP: As I was saying earlier, our new character Ann Teriyaki...
AtlusUSA: Yo.
AtlusJP: Wassup my boi.
AtlusUSA: It's Anne. With an e.

That's how it went down. Probably.

Pretty sure the "Ann" part came from the Japanese side? >.>

Since glasses Girl is here, I supposed it means she won't stay "Navi" only like Fuuka and Rise ?

Rise had a navigator all-out-attack portrait in Persona 4 Golden so...

I would say bottom right is punchy-chan, simply because of the Q in her box, which correlates with her codename of 'Queen'
Didn't know she had a codename. So he's definitely the one next to Yusuke. Can't wait to see more of him, I really like his design from what little I've seen of him.

I wonder if the 9th member's code name is Queen? That was one of the names on Sakura's phone.

Also, couple of minor things I noticed from the interview video, apologies if old:
  • Yusuke runs with his arms behind his back, Naruto style.
  • When selecting a skill, the appropriate bar glows. So if you're hovering over a physical skill, your character's HP bar will glow. Same with magic and SP.
I would say bottom right is punchy-chan, simply because of the Q in her box, which correlates with her codename of 'Queen'
This makes more sense, haha.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
PzWoqlG.jpg

Cool this confirms

Protagonist = Joker
Ryuuji = Skull
Anne = Panther
Morgana = Mona...something
Mrs Motorcycle = Queen
Bishoujo Kaitou = Noire
Sakura = Nav(y)...something

Only weird thing is Yusuke seems to spell out Fox, but then that would mean Inari belongs to someone else or it's just a swap due design related stuff.

Can't recognize any letter on the unknown character.

Edit: actually if you look really hard in the left corner of the still unknown character I think I can make out "Crow"(Well more like "Cr" something).

Also, couple of minor things I noticed from the interview video, apologies if old:
[*]Yusuke runs with his arms behind his back, Naruto style.

Yusuke is going to be such a dork. I find his design super boring, but make him a huge weirdo and give him Sugitas voice and he may be the best character ever.

It appears to be an objective list. The header says 潜入進行ログ (infiltration progress log), and the two existing black items are "Entered/infiltrated the castle" and "discovered safe room", with the two new items being "Entered/infiltrated the west-building 2nd floor" and "Got the map of the old castle."
The background text reads "Kamoshida Palace" but that doesn't mean anything to me.
wv0xiGK.png
Also, wonder what that meter is at the bottom right of the calendar.
Do you believe (in) the Thief of Hearts? [Yes 6%]
@Anonymous: I think I've played this game too much

PzWoqlG.jpg

Cool this confirms

Protagonist = Joker
Ryuuji = Skull
Anne = Panther
Mrs Motorcycle = Queen
Bishoujo Kaitou = Noire

Only weird thing is Yusuke seems to spell out Fox, but then that would mean Inari belongs to someone else or it's just a swap due design related stuff.

Edit: actually if you look really hard in the left corner of the still unknown character I think I can make out "Crow"(Well more like "Cr" something).

Maybe "Monarque" for Morgana since she looks like the boss of the team, if they still use french words

PzWoqlG.jpg

Cool this confirms

Protagonist = Joker
Ryuuji = Skull
Anne = Panther
Mrs Motorcycle = Queen
Bishoujo Kaitou = Noire

Inari is the God of Foxes, so the codenames are probably interchangeable.

Morgana calls "Navi" numerous times during the stream, so that's probably Sakura's codename, her being the navigator and such

Yusuke is going to be such a dork. I find his design super boring, but make him a huge weirdo and give him Sugitas voice and he may be the best character ever.

No matter how bad yusuke might look, Sugita is basically a lifeline for him. Got a feeling he's going to be the real bro of the party and ryuji will prove to be more of a wildcard.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Also dunno if it has been mentioned yet but Sakura has the Hermit Arcana at least that's what you can read "隠者" in the trailer bit where Necronomicon levels up.

Nachos

I wonder if the 9th member's code name is Queen? That was one of the names on Sakura's phone.
It isn't. I forgot which video has it, but you can see Morgana refer to Biker as Queen (クイーン) in one of the battle clips.

I figure they went with English for cool points, and then just went with the localized code name, instead of the romanized original. I'm sure that like how Aksys handled 999's code names, Atlus changed things up so that you wouldn't need to know Japanese at all to understand them.

Goodstyle

Biker is the one with Q from what I can see, the hair of unknown guy fits up better with pic left of Yusuke

Hmmm, perhaps. They both have pretty feminine hair.

EDIT: Ya, I think you're right actually. Biker girl's hair doesn't go past her shoulders, while mystery guy's does.

All the cast seem to have evokers when using the Gekkoukan uniforms. Would be neat if using them changed the summoning animation to the P3 one. Since it also seems to change the BGM and jingles already.

Nice to hear they put a focus on improving the difficulty too.

Sophia

More consistent difficulty and less Persona 4 weird difficulty speaks or Persona 4 Golden pointless difficulty setting additions, I hope.

Top Bottom