• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Apropos of nothing, you remember that time when some of you guys were DEAD SET on believing that Sho Minazuki would be the P5 protag?

Sho confirmed.

Yep. Going to go make a thread on Discussion and tell people to contact John Hardin on Twitter to complain about it.

Nah, he's hinting at times this thread has been convinced of something and then been wrong

2016 confirmed.

I think we broke him. That is the emoticon of a broken man.

So you're saying Persona 5 in 2015 then, right?

Makio

Hardin knows something ... will bring that all of sudden.

2 scenarios or Sho is confirmed in Persona 5 or Hardin is using that as example to point out opinions here are always wrong and Persona 5 is coming in 2020 lol.

#2015GloryTeam / #InHardinWeTrust

Wouldn't it be great if everyone else was making cat puns towards Morgana, and she's just like "Please stop, I've heard literally all of them, they're not clever."

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
John, you should join in with the avatar bet. Do you believe your own delicious lies about P5 releasing in NA during 2015, or are you #TeamRuin?

Apropos of nothing, you remember that time when some of you guys were DEAD SET on believing that Sho Minazuki would be the P5 protag?

561a373075978c1d176515310f0433ef.350x187x24.gif

I regret nothing. #TeamShotagonist

Lunar15

We already got confirmation on the P5 protagonist.

Haha, I totally remember that.

Also, I'm dying laughing at AtlusPrime taking the bet. How long before that shows up on a website, then on GAF, and then on a website after GAF makes a thread about it?

As a Singaporean, signs of a Atlus.sg sounds quite exciting. If it means there will be more support e.g local R3 English versions of various Atlus titles (so that I can play it on my local Vita and not miss out on potential themes and DLCs etc), I'm all for it.

I'm excited about this as well because Singapore is <3 and there's a infinitely improbable chance of India getting Atlus :p

Zolo

Ahahaha, I remember that. I can't believe it legit fooled people.

I'm actually randomly going through some of the old posts from initial reveal and getting some funny ones. Just a couple I randomly noticed.

[Responding about velvet room] Or it'll be a jail cell ;D

I don't think he's going to be a passive type protagonist like Makoto was for Persona 3. His facial expressions in the trailer are that of determination, as well as someone who has taken a significant interest in their surroundings.

So Insert Coin FINALLY released their designs for their Persona 4 Range of clothing.

I know I'll be picking up 6 of these! There's just not enough good, wearable Persona merch out there! (plus they say that if these sell well enough, they'll do more designs!)

Lunar15

Hmmm, I like that they're pretty straight forward, but I'll have to see what they look like when they're real.

At most, I'd probably just get the Junes shirt.

That whole Sho thing was so damn silly.
Then after PV01 was released some people were saying Vincent was in it (the scene in the prison cell).
Lol

Setsu00

That whole Sho thing was so damn silly.
Then after PV01 was released some people were saying Vincent was in it (the scene in the prison cell).
Lol

I'm still not entirely convinced that Sho has no connection to P5, even if he's not the protagonist. His Persona for example fits the color scheme of P5 perfectly and also resembles Arséne a bit. There's also Ultimax itself that barely explores Sho's character,
the opening scene (Sho refuses to enter the Velvet Room) and the fact that Sho gets a Wild Card as well as Tsukiyomi in the game's true ending
. It's really not as silly as some people think it is.

Sho is really one of those characters that should be revisited in a future installment of the series. I think I mentioned this before, but I believe that Sho would be the perfect character to continue the Arena games (more or less) independently from the casts of P3 and P4.

I'm still not entirely convinced that Sho has no connection to P5, even if he's not the protagonist. His Persona for example fits the color scheme of P5 perfectly and also resembles Arséne a bit. There's also Ultimax itself that barely explores Sho's character,
the opening scene (Sho refuses to enter the Velvet Room) and the fact that Sho gets a Wild Card as well as Tsukiyomi in the game's true ending
. It's really not as silly as some people think it is.

Sho is really one of those characters that should be revisited in a future installment of the series. I think I mentioned this before, but I believe that Sho would be the perfect character to continue the Arena games (more or less) independently from the casts of P3 and P4.

I still say it's silly.

I'm guessing aside from the fact that Sho is at best a divisive character and the idea of making him the thread that ties the future arena games to the first two will put a number of people off future games?

Exactly this.

He was a brat, annoying, and not a character I'd like to play as. His design was okay at best, and it'd be for the best if Persona 5 is its own game.

The ONLY way Atlus will be able to piss me off and make me even partially regret buying Persona 5 is if Sho frickin' Minazuki is somehow in the game.

I do not want that in the slightest. Easily the worst part of Ultimax.

Setsu00

I'm guessing aside from the fact that Sho is at best a divisive character and the idea of making him the thread that ties the future arena games to the first two will put a number of people off future games?

Excluding the idea to make him a central character in future Arena games (which still makes sense to me from a narrative point), I don't see why the idea that Sho has a bigger role in P5 is that ridiculous. They probably didn't intend to make Sho as divisive as he currently is when they created him, and everything about you learn about Sho in Ultimax feels unfinished.

Exactly this.

He was a brat, annoying, and not a character I'd like to play as. His design was okay at best, and it'd be for the best if Persona 5 is its own game.

The ONLY way Atlus will be able to piss me off and make me even partially regret buying Persona 5 is if Sho frickin' Minazuki is somehow in the game,

I do not want that in the slightest. Easily the worst part of Ultimax.

I don't think they're talking about P5 anymore, just future Arena games, Sho makes sense to appear in one of those.

Edit: Welp, I don't really know what's going on anymore lol, anyhow in P5 he would be out of place, I don't want him to appear and I doubt that he actually will.

so uh

started playing P4 golden last week. First SMT/Persona game I've played. I'm addicted. 15 hours in, it's amazing.

What after this? P2 or P3?

P3 probably, try to do some research whether you want/are able to play the Console version (FES), or the Playstation Portable version (P3P)

Weiss

Banned
I'm pretty sure we'll never see Sho again. Apart from how despised he is, Ultimax finished his story; he has his Persona, a new outlook, access to the Velvet Room, and he's on his own journey.

Plus I like the idea that all this weird supernatural stuff is happening concurrently in the Personaverse.

Rich!

so uh

started playing P4 golden last week. First SMT/Persona game I've played. I'm addicted. 15 hours in, it's amazing.

Excluding the idea to make him a central character in future Arena games (which still makes sense to me from a narrative point), I don't see why the idea that Sho has a bigger role in P5 is that ridiculous. They probably didn't intend to make Sho as divisive as he currently is when they created him, and everything about you learn about Sho in Ultimax feels unfinished.

I doubt Atlus ever set out to make a shit (or 'unliked') character, but that's what seems to have happened. It seems the Sho well has been poisoned.

so uh

Honestly, I'm split on whether you should go for P4 Arena or P3 after P4G. P3 has some parts that will mean a lot on a NG+ of P4. (Not limited to the stuff that's actually locked behind NG+)

FluxWaveZ

I'm pretty sure we'll never see Sho again. Apart from how despised he is, Ultimax finished his story; he has his Persona, a new outlook, access to the Velvet Room, and he's on his own journey.

Plus I like the idea that all this weird supernatural stuff is happening concurrently in the Personaverse.

I bet we'll see another P4A game, and thus we'll see Sho again from it.

But I think the idea of Sho being in Persona 5 was always laughable.

The ending to Sho's story in Ultimax was just to leave things open if they ever do do another arena. They might not ever address it, after all, there's things from the end of the first Arena that Ultimax doesn't really follow on from. I doubt they have that stuff planned out too much.

Plus Sho seems like he was created as a Persona 4 charecter.

Top Bottom