• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

FluxWaveZ

This. It'd be a wasted opportunity and stubborn as hell to have that audience right there only to try to get them to watch your silly live stream stuff almost a week later.

I wouldn't really say 4 days later is that close to a week. It's a small enough interval to envision a possibility where they actually would want to keep it close to their chests, even though I think there'll be something at the SCEJA conference.

Squire

Banned
I wouldn't really say 4 days later is a week. It's close enough to envision a possibility where they actually would want to keep it close to their chests, even though I think there'll be something at the SCEJA conference.

Doesn't the stream start on the 17th and end on the 19th?

Like I said, I could see them doing just that. It's silly and a wasted opportunity. (And time. Atlus JPs marketing team seems to love wasting time - theirs and ours), but I could see it happening.

Just when i was expecting to see a Puss in Boots persona ....

eCSBbe2.png

Cait Sith for P5!

No official reveal of the Hunt for the Phantom Thieves campaign today then, so there's a chance that it could be kicked off by something with Sony's show tomorrow.

MSMrRound

I took off for Tues from work (pre-TGS conference) and Sat (where the Persona livestream is supposed to end with their climax). I'm ready.

Oh...and apparently Danganronpa's official Twitter is teasing something Danganronpa related for the Sony conference.

P5 and Danganronpa together? I don't think I'm quite ready.

Oh ya...and after repeatedly listening to the PV02 trailer at work, I'm pretty sure that's Otani Ikue behind Morgana's voice. Her voice is too distinct.

Lunar15

I took off for Tues from work (pre-TGS conference) and Sat (where the Persona livestream is supposed to end with their climax). I'm ready.

Oh...and apparently Danganronpa's official Twitter is teasing something Danganronpa related for the Sony conference.

P5 and Danganronpa together? I don't think I'm quite ready.

Oh ya...and after repeatedly listening to the PV02 trailer at work, I'm pretty sure that's Otani Ikue behind Morgana's voice. Her voice is too distinct.

I've watched over 500 episodes of One Piece in Japanese. I know that voice better than my own at this point.

Hmm, I'm still just conflicted over what to expect from Sony's conference. It'd be shocking if there was nothing there, but their own schedule doesn't line up. Still betting on PV02. Maybe the date then too?

MSMrRound

Hmm, I'm still just conflicted over what to expect from Sony's conference. It'd be shocking if there was nothing there, but their own schedule doesn't line up. Still betting on PV02.

The thing is TGS is mainly targeted at the Japanese audience. I don't see the point of them rehashing a old PV that was available to those brought P4D those 3 months ago.

For me at the very least I'm expecting a release month (or worse case scenario new trailer with delayed window mentioned). Japanese gamers haven't been taking up the PS4 as fast as the West and the rest of the world e.g Middle East/Asia, so while it's not very likely, a Persona 5 PS4 bundle might go some way in swaying some of those hardcore Persona fans in Japan.

If there's no special bundle, probably a faceplate at the very least.

If there's nothing much shown during Sony's conference, the Persona livestream is probably the best bet for a new PV/media info blowout to take place. I wonder if they are going to drop another brand new trailer for some other game at the end of the Persona Stalker Club live TGS stage...last year they gave us the (kind of) unexpected revival of Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker.

Like others said, the chances of there being another Persona spin-off isn't zero, given the length of the Persona livestream and stuff. Wonder what else they might throw in there?

At the very least, we should be able to see the old lady reporter again.

We might get something P5 related from Sony's conference, but I feel like the major news will be during the Persona Special Stage, so I'm not expecting too much.

Like others said, the chances of there being another Persona spin-off isn't zero, given the length of the Persona livestream and stuff. Wonder what else they might throw in there?
I'm thinking an Ultimax 2.0 console release date, assuming they're still supporting the game.

Lunar15

SCEJA: P5 Cancelled, please understand. Tune into Live stage event for more info.

Persona Live Stage Event: HOPE YOU LIKE MORE PACHINKO

Makio

SCEJA: P5 Cancelled, please understand. Tune into Live stage event for more info.

Persona Live Stage Event: HOPE YOU LIKE MORE PACHINKO

Persona 5 the Pachinko can be great.

And hell yeah if they want to do another persona spinoff made a P3 this time (P3 Vita Edition or Dancing All Dark Hour).

I suck in names for games.

Why did Persona 4 become popular / get revived in 2012? After four years of its original release, 2 anime adaptions come out, a remake, 4 spin off games, a pachinko machine, etc A lot of people, including me, said they got into the Persona series in 2012 too. So was there any specific reason why Persona 4 got revisited with all this new material starting four years after the original release?

Why did Persona 4 become popular / get revived in 2012? After four years of its original release, 2 anime adaptions come out, a remake, 4 spin off games, a pachinko machine, etc A lot of people, including me, said they got into the Persona series in 2012 too. So what caused this influx of Persona 4 material four years after the game's release?

Golden? I have no idea... I mean the first game I played was Golden so...

Edit: Watching the PVs again... I have no idea why but blondie reminds me so much of Ebihara from P4 Animation. It's the same face I think... at least very close.

Moonlight

Banned
Why did Persona 4 become popular / get revived in 2012? After four years of its original release, 2 anime adaptions come out, a remake, 4 spin off games, a pachinko machine, etc A lot of people, including me, said they got into the Persona series in 2012 too. So was there any specific reason why Persona 4 got revisited with all this new material starting four years after the original release?
The anime, as much as I dislike it, had a huge part in it, I think. Everything else has just been a steady snowball of word of mouth. P4 didn't have a huge release, but it refused to go away, and it's kinda just sucked in more and more people. Golden was a jumping off point for so many people given the fact it's significantly harder to find a PS2 game and much less get someone interested in playing it.

I think part of P4G's success may actually be partly due to the now somewhat jokey "Vita has no games" reputation it had at the time.

Looking back to around when P4G was released and even a year or so afterwards and there were a lot of people asking "What is good on the vita?"

And literally every time someone would recommend P4G, people played it, then they recommended it to someone else, etc.

Word of mouth is a powerful resource and I think P4s rise to glory is a result of that, at least partially anyway.

As someone who played P4 back in 2008, it was pretty weird to get an anime adaptation 3 years after the fact, followed the next year by an enhanced portable port of the game, and then two fighting games, a crossover with its predecessor, and finally a rhythm dancing game. These type of events happen in quicker succession nowadays.

For the longest time, the only additional material P4 fans had were the drama CDs.

Makio

The last thing i was expecting this week is the NA release date... but who knows maybe we get that too

Tonight (SCEJA) im beating for the PV02 with a release window (month) anything than that can be great.

So are we expecting anything Persona at the SCEJA conference?

Honest question, why would they show anything there when the TGS Persona event is a day later?

If we get anything Persona at the SCEJA conference tonight, what do you guys expect it to be?

DNAbro

Honest question, why would they show anything there when the TGS Persona event is a day later?

If we get anything Persona at the SCEJA conference tonight, what do you guys expect it to be?

Because they could show a 3 minute trailer here with a release date and then give tons of info/details at their own event. And i said this earlier, it's a big game for sony in japan.

I originally said TGS was way too late to reveal a date if P5 was launching in 2015. So I don't know what to expect for the SCEJA conference beyond maybe PV02 and a release window that would later be clarified at Atlus' event. And even that seems unlikely. P5's marketing and such has been unlike mostly everything I've followed this closely.

But whatever we get I hope it's good.

MSMrRound

PlaystationJP gave Atlus what seemed like the second-to-last spot during their conference last year to announce the PS4 port of Persona 5. It seems like they are banking on it (along with Dragon Quest Heroes which was the last slot) to drive up sales of PS4 in Japan.

Personally, since they already did that e.g setting aside a special portion of the show to talk about P5 going to PS4, I think there's a possibility of them announcing some sort of collaboration or something.

daevious

PV02 is all I'm expecting. Anything more would be a nice surprise, but I'm not holding my breath.

yami4ct

I expect a mention and a small new trailer.

Expectations of the Persona Stage Event:
Full Trailer with release date
At least partial reveal of the theme song with vocals
Maybe a small story synopses
Some gameplay footage, though that might come in the trailer.

Top Bottom