• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
YnGh15X.jpg

Source.

Source

mdubs

Banned
Came to join Team #InHardinWeTrust

The hype is consuming me, in one week we will know.

December 15th 2015, in
NA

Soriku

Came to join Team #InHardinWeTrust

The hype is consuming me, in one week we will know.

December 15th 2015, in
NA

Hmm, do you guys think December the most likely month? It is the latest month in the year, but...
I guess it would be nice to play the game at the start of the Winter break

Just hoping the localization isn't rushed though. These games have a lot of text and I expect P5 to be fully voiced, or close.

I finally got Persona 4 Arena Ultimax! Pardon for being super late on the Persona train here, but I really really really dragged on beating P4 lol.

Anyone here still play it? Got any tips for a novice? So far I enjoy using Naoto and Aigis looks interesting to me.

Screentones.
Apparently, we have different definitions of the word "confirmed." :)
Stylized art doesn't necessarily mean anything.
Hmm, do you guys think December the most likely month? It is the latest month in the year, but...
I guess it would be nice to play the game at the start of the Winter break

Just hoping the localization isn't rushed though. These games have a lot of text and I expect P5 to be fully voiced, or close.
I wouldn't worry about rushed localization, Many games nowadays localize during development; just look at the Arena series. They had voice recording and translations done by at least June when they first showed it off, well before the release.
December 15th 2015, in
NA
11/27 :)

MSMrRound

But I'd be hesitant in saying Morgana's VA is Ikue Otani just yet.... hmm...

The chance is probably 70% by my call. Ikue Otani got a pretty distinct voice as well. I can usually identify her whenever she's doing a side role e.g Kekkai Sensen's Hamburger-loving alien and stuff.

Will wait for the confirmation though.

So what's the big events this week?

Sony pre-TGS conference on the 15th and potential P5 news/announcements come Sept 19?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I took off on Tuesday in preparation for Forza 6.

Depending on if I don't pass out by that point I maaaaaaaaaay stay up for the event but I doubt I will last.

The feeling you get when you think of Persona 5 being on your PS4 and you're playing the game...

First Persona game I will actually play on release. Just like MGSV.

Sophia

The feeling you get when you think of Persona 5 being on your PS4 and you're playing the game...

First Persona game I will actually play on release. Just like MGSV.

If we want to be really technical, this will be the first Persona game I've played on release too, assuming of course we're not counting the Arena spinoffs. Seeing as The Granstream Saga came out in 1997, that would mean I played the original Persona at least a year after it came out in English. >_>;

Also my first main Persona I'll be playing on release. I got into MegaTen in general only four years ago.

There were a few months where I had a pile of PS2 MegaTen games that I had ordered all at once and then went through in the course of something like four months. That was a magical third of a year.

Theodoricos

I first played Persona 3 in 2012, and then Persona 4 in 2013. Really late to the party for both.

Persona 5 should be the first game I'm going to play on release too.

Yet to play P1 and P2.

P5 will be the first main Persona game I play at release as well. I played P3 and P4 back to back in 2012. I played P1's SEBEC route in 2014, and played the P2 duology this year along with revisiting P1 for the Snow Queen Quest.

Nimby

Banned
I played P3 and P4 back in 2013-2014. Might have even been 2012. I bought SMTIV with Bravely Default after finishing P4, and I backtracked from there. Strange Journey was next, then I got all the PS2 games on PSN. I eventually want to get physical copies for each, and they're surprisingly cheap new. Still haven't ventured past the PS2, and haven't played P1+P2, Devil Survivor, or Soul Hackers.

Makio

Played Persona 3 back in 2010 , and i hate it the first time i played , i find it boring actually.

Then i became a fan in 2013 thanks to a run in Persona 3 portable and i love it.

So yeah 5 is my first main game in release too , the first one was Arena Ultimax.

I never been in a hype pre release persona game journey before , so ultimax and 5 keep a special place for that.

I was way overexcited with Ultimax back in the day since i love it Arena.

Now that I think about it, Ultimax and P4D are the only Persona games I've played on release so far. I got into the series with P4 in the latter half of 2009, didn't have the systems for P4G and PQ when they came out, and purposely skipped Arena when it first released because I was salty.

It's high time for me to actually participate in the early adopter experience for a cool game in the series.

I'd have played P4 in 2009, not quite at launch, but at least in the same year as the UK release date.

Played pretty much every other subsequent release at launch, although that would include the EU launch for Arena.

jzbluz

I thought I had played P4 at launch, but looking at the date it seems I was wrong. But I did play Strange Journey, SMTIV, Soul Hackers, and Devil Survivor at launch.

arue

Like most of the people here, P5 will be the first main game that I play at launch. I completed P3P in 2012, P3FES in 2013, and never completed P4.

Long answer: I wanted to play P4 in 2012, but I didn't have a PS2 or a Vita back then, so I watched a complete playthrough of it + OG anime. Now I have a PSTV and P4G, but can't find the motivation to finish P4 (someday I promise).

Makio

That animation looks better than the Golden animation for sure... and the other animation too in some parts

BTW that second video have a BIG SPOILER in the end ... just for the people dont play the game dont watch the videos lol XD

Makio

The only thing i understand from that is when he get a triple number like 777 , 333 he get a battle
or shadow
battle i think

But beside that i didnt get anything... only cutscenes and persona attacks in a random order and no sense at all...

Lunar15

I don't think we're going to see anything on Tuesday. Maybe PV02.

But you know, I could be wrong. I didn't think we'd see anything last year and we did.

EDIT: On Pachinko: I wonder if there's anyway to get that music.

Makio

Im only expecting the PV02 in the Sony Conference... and maybe a release window like "November 2015"

And then Atlus gives the full blown with a exact release date and some video (PV03 or opening theme) in TGS

Can be wrong too... but i see we getting something more big in TGS than SCJEA just for the "Hunt the phantom thieves" campaign which ends in Sept 19th.

DNAbro

Said this earlier but it makes sense to show a brand new trailer at Sony's show, coupled with a hard release date, while also announcing a PS4 bundle with the game. This isn't just a big game for Atlus, it's the biggest game coming to PS4 in Japan this year. It makes sense to go into detail at Atlus's show. That blowout we've been waiting for.

Also a theory video about the other character's possible personas is pretty interesting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60kZAcgOXdU

I think Morgana's makes so much sense.

FluxWaveZ

Also a theory video about the other character's possible personas is pretty interesting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60kZAcgOXdU

I think Morgana's makes so much sense.

He's wrong. Why's he exclusively focusing on European literature when Hashino has already stated three of his inspirations for "Phantoms," and only one of them is European in origin and the other two are Japanese? Hell, Hashino has already stated three of his "picaresque" inspirations from literature and none of them are European in origin.

Speculation based on nothingness and even going counter to what is already known is annoying. Glad I won't have to see it anymore in a bit after years of it for P5.

Makio

Now that you mention it, I think that's a pretty likely idea...

I just repeat what the guy of the video says , and yeah the idea is not bad at all.

But of course Flux and Hashino says thats wrong ... so let see what kind of persona we have in the end.

Actually looking forward to the Anzu one , some of my favorite persona designs are from female characters persona like Labrys , Rise , Yukiko, Yukari or Mitsuru.

FluxWaveZ

But of course Flux and Hashino says thats wrong ... so let see what persona we have in the end.

No, neither I or he said that specifically is wrong. What I'm saying is his reasoning is wrong. There is no data point to assume that it's all about European literature other than "Arsene," and we have Hashino actually stating that, out of the 6 he's given, the only European inspiration is Arsene Lupin.

Edit: I should say "English European," because The Life of Lazarillo de Tormes originated from Spain. So make that 2.

Squire

Banned
Said this earlier but it makes sense to show a brand new trailer at Sony's show, coupled with a hard release date, while also announcing a PS4 bundle with the game. This isn't just a big game for Atlus, it's the biggest game coming to PS4 in Japan this year. It makes sense to go into detail at Atlus's show. That blowout we've been waiting for.

This. It'd be a wasted opportunity and stubborn as hell to have that audience right there only to try to get them to watch your silly live stream stuff almost a week later. Show a trailer. Show a date. Atlus isn't going to attract more viewers on their own than Sony will.

Who knows though. I could see them just showing PV02, even while I'm saying all this. It probably is getting a PS4 bundle regardless though. Just about everything that's somewhat notable does at this point.

Top Bottom