• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

yami4ct

I think we really need to ask the important question, who preforms the theme? Lotus Juice? Yumi Kawamura or Shihoko Hirata? Some mix? Maybe a surprise new entrant!

FluxWaveZ

I think we really need to ask the important question, who preforms the theme? Lotus Juice? Yumi Kawamura or Shihoko Hirata? Some mix? Maybe a surprise new entrant!

Shoji Meguro already supposedly said that it was a new singer at PSL2015. It'd be very lame for them to reuse a vocalist from a previous game, especially considering what Meguro has said about P5's music direction.

yami4ct

Shoji Meguro already supposedly said that it was a new singer at PSL2015. It'd be very lame for them to reuse a vocalist from a previous game, especially considering what Meguro has said about P5's music direction.

I missed that. Makes the most sense and I'm really excited to hear it. I love how each game has its own musical sound. It'll also make the inevitable mashups in whatever P5 Spinoffs/P5 DAN, etc. even cooler.

Darksol

Speaking of music, I'm already thankful for P5. I had no idea that there was even a genre called "Acid Jazz" and I'm a huge jazz fan. I've been hooked on all sorts of acid jazz since the trailer.

84X

Banned
"Only hints" is already very significant if the two tracks we have now are indicative of the whole.

Well yeah, don't get me wrong the music should sound unique compared to 3 and 4 but it's still going to be closer to Meguro's other work rather than what you find by searching Acid Jazz on youtube.

The trailer song didn't sound very J-Pop to me.

I'm not worried either way. Never encountered music in a Persona game that I didn't like ^_^

Hard to really say until we hear the accompanying lyrics.

Makio

Is the best way , someone new who "represents" p5 music in the future like Kawamura did with p3 and Hirata with p4.

I actually wonder if they going use someone complete new or someone who already work with Persona in the past like Asami Izawa (P2) , Shuhei Kita (P3P) for example.

Really wonder about the "singer" identity and how engrish the lyrics are this time.

yami4ct

Friendly reminder that it'll be J-pop with only hints of Acid Jazz.

I wouldn't have it any other way. I love the way Meguro fuses traditional J-Pop in with other genres. Gives them a really catchy feel while still having a unique sound.

Persona7

Banned
Sony's TGS conference's English live stream page is up: https://youtu.be/R0P6eD5Kw1U

17 more hours to go :) Yes.That'd be painful for me since I've commited to digital only this gen. I hope more companies will do what Halo 5 is doing, offering your choice of digital or physical with the collector's editions.

It is more effort but you can always buy the CE and then sell the physical game. I think it is pretty likely that this game will get a CE or even several different ones.

Is everyone in agreeance that Persona 5 will be GOAT forever except for maybe SMTV or Persona 6?

No idea. I have to play it first.

Squire

Banned
All on loan to SpikeChun for Danganronpa AE2: Despair Down Under (I would totally play that)

It's proven that adding Australia to a sequel results in an instant win.

220px-Rescuersduposter.jpg

daevious

Didn't you here? Australia just adopted Japanese as its official language.

And it's people. And it's corporations. And it's TV dramas. Also they recreated Shibuya in Australia in honor of the Japanese. ;p

They've been a country of Otaku this entire time! Why do you think they have so many kaiju roaming around?

As an Australian, I can confirm that all of these are true.

VegiHam

I thought it was 7AM, but the youtube clock was wrong. I could still be sleeping. Damn Sony grrrrrrrrr....

Regardless, I'm ready to go! Whooo!

Makio

the Youtube clock troll us hard...
the Persona Central schedule was right... XD

I dont even know what to expect today , i expect nothing but in the same time i expect a huge surprise

Top Bottom