• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Makio

With that tease im the beginning im was expecting something.

If dont know about the Persona stage special im been so pissed right now

VegiHam

But hey, Gravity Rush, Danganronpa and Kingdom Hearts Latin.Math?

That was worth waking up for. I'm not too disappointed. 2 days till the Persona thing right?

Shun

The real question is will I be able to social link and make the smoking hot doctor Tae my girlfriend in Persona 5?

55d84a9f4f9511e76cc6846b9cbf3c54.png

QuadOpto

A...all they had to show was a small bit of PV 2.

In my mind, the chances of PV 2 being the only trailer we see on the 19th have doubled.

I still believe in 2015...especially with Hardin's "accidental" visit to Japan...but I'm still hurting...

Tirod

Really enjoyed the conference, but man I've got to wait until like 10:30PM PST Friday to get my Persona fix?

I dunno if I can make it, especially since I don't have work that day.

yami4ct

But hey, Gravity Rush, Danganronpa and Kingdom Hearts Latin.Math?

That was worth waking up for. I'm not too disappointed. 2 days till the Persona thing right?

Thursday @ 8 AM EDT. So, 2 days and 3.5 hours give or take.

EDIT: Never mind, main stage starts at 1:30 on Saturday. Ugh. What will be hell. Hopefully the countdown will be fun.

I was expecting at least a small P5 presence. Guess Atlus wants all eyes on their stage show.

Pretty much. If you noticed there was also no Street Fighter V character announcement at the conference, and we know that they're showing a new one at TGS. Sega (the company that now owns Atlus) announced Yakuza 1 remake, Yakuza 6 and Vanillaware's new game. They to let their studios hold back some stuff for their own stages.

yami4ct

Pretty much. If you noticed there was also no Street Fighter V character announcement at the conference, and we know that they're showing a new one at TGS. Sega (the company that now owns Atlus) announced Yakuza 1 remake, Yakuza 6 and Vanillaware's new game. They to let their studios hold back some stuff for their own stages.

Hoping Bamco have some more ToB news. Also really hoping we get an Etrian Odyssey V surprise from Atlus, but not expecting it.

Hoping Bamco have some more ToB news. Also really hoping we get an Etrian Odyssey V surprise from Atlus, but not expecting it.

There were a lot of notable absences. No P5, DQH2, Attack on Titan, SFV, ToB, Idolmaster etc. So unlike at E3 where everyone unloads on the first day, we still have more to look forward to.

sora87

Does Sega have a press conference?

FluxWaveZ

Okay, so what's the consensus: will they really show nothing new regarding Persona until the ATLUS PRESENTS stage show, despite all of the Persona events preceding it?

yami4ct

Okay, so what's the consensus: will they really show nothing new regarding Persona until the ATLUS PRESENTS stage show, despite all of the Persona events preceding it?

I bet we get some Phantom Thief teases. Broadcast interrupted with the "Steal your Heart" logo. Voice Actor says some cryptic shit and then back to Atlus teasing. Maybe we get a surprise game, merchandise, or media reveal, but nothing more from P5 until the show.

kewlmyc

I assume so. It was like that with the previous special events right?

Are you talking about Persona 5 only or the possibility of more spinoffs?

They have to announce the Hunt for the Phantom Thieves campaign still.

No new in game Persona 5 footage until the Special Stage, but there might be other things before that.

Makio

Still wondering why so misterious about the "variety of persona content" part , when they going to announce that (time and duration) ... today maybe.

And i dont know how this work , but why the countdown program live to TGS long 4 hours , they are going to show something there or only a clock with a countdown.

FluxWaveZ

I assume so. It was like that with the previous special events right?

Are you talking about Persona 5 only or the possibility of more spinoffs?

No, it wasn't like that during the previous events. For one, they revealed the P4D opening theme during the last one in February. That's why I'm wondering if *anything* new will be shown before their final stage event.

They have to announce the Hunt for the Phantom Thieves campaign still.

True, there's this. So if we look at it with the minimum in mind and not just expecting it to be literally nothing:

1. First Countdown: Timer + previous Persona game trailers + potentially Teddie talking.
2. Main broadcast: PSC hosts doing stuff + Thief hunt campaign details
3. Backside of the TV Radio: Music stuff from previous Persona games
4. Variety of Persona content: Previous Persona game trailers
5. Countdown Live from TGS (4 hours): A look at the booth + guests + more of the Thief hunt campaign + ???
6. Persona Special Stage: Thief hunt campaign finale + Persona 5 + guests talking

Point 4 is the one that confuses me the most. Will they really have an entire day of just showing trailers from previous Persona games? Seems weird. There's always that possibility that PV02 is shown somewhere, so there's that to fill out any weird gaps.

Shun

They know they are the most important announcement. Suspense.

Special reveals of Caduceus Hospital Game ft. Tae Takemi, Devil Survivor x Persona, and Persona spinoff Visual Novel.

1380.jpg

yami4ct

No, it wasn't like that during the previous events. For one, they revealed the P4D opening theme during the last one in February. That's why I'm wondering if *anything* new will be shown before their final stage event.

True, there's this. So if we look at it with the minimum in mind and not just expecting it to be literally nothing:

1. First Countdown: Timer + previous Persona game trailers + potentially Teddie talking.
2. Main broadcast: PSC hosts doing stuff + Thief hunt campaign details
3. Backside of the TV Radio: Music stuff from previous Persona games
4. Variety of Persona content: Previous Persona game trailers
5. Countdown Live from TGS (4 hours): A look at the booth + guests + more of the Thief hunt campaign + ???
6. Persona Special Stage: Thief hunt campaign finale + Persona 5 + guests talking

Point 4 is the one that confuses me the most. Will they really have an entire day of just showing trailers from previous Persona games? Seems weird. There's always that possibility that PV02 is shown somewhere, so there's that to fill out any weird gaps.

3-5 are the most interesting to me. Love music content, so I'll likely catch some of that. The other 2 seem mysterious enough that something might actually happen there.

Makio

They can show a Digest cut of the persona 3 movies in the persona content slot..like in the previous stream.

Include even Falling Down (maybe too early for that).

Makio

I dont going to get too excited with the Hunt for the Phantom Thieves thing , after the Sony Conference tease , im pretty sure that is going to "unlock" the PV02 and hopefully the release date.

I want they reveal some P5 track with a lyrics / MV like we did with Dance !.
(That was a unexpecting and great surprise that day).

Nimby

Banned
Great, so I got about 4 hrs of sleep, and can't go back to sleep because of fucking construction and now I don't even have some P5 news to make me happy ;_;

Oh well, Gravity Rush and Yakuza yay.

daevious

I feel like the brief Persona 5 footage had to be dragged out kicking and screaming with how much Atlus likes to tease out P5 info.

God I feel like a spoiled brat. We just got a Yakuza 1 remake, Yakuza 6, KH2.8, new Gravity Rush, Bloodborne DLC and more, but it's all ruined for me because no new P5 news, the only thing I wanted.

VegiHam

Monokuma is P5 main vilain

Monokuma is an entity born out of the collective unconscious; embodying the despair of all humanity. He's the Scary Twist Monster final boss that only really shows up at the end of the plot after you take down the bad guys causing humanities despair for whatever reason...

I'd totally play that tbf.

Top Bottom