• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Mediking

I hope it's a girl. Not a fan of choosing a gender.

If they could use the assets from P5 to churn out P6 "relatively" quick (I'm not expecting anything as fast as 3 to 4), I'd say that's a great place to use a female protagonist, as there's less overall financial risk.

Persona 6.... teased during the Playstation 5 reveal. Quote me when it happens.

Seriously, let Persona 5 have an expansion of extra content before moving on though.

barybll

Banned
I hope it's a girl. Not a fan of choosing a gender.

If they could use the assets from P5 to churn out P6 "relatively" quick (I'm not expecting anything as fast as 3 to 4), I'd say that's a great place to use a female protagonist, as there's less overall financial risk.

I expect Atlus to experimentate with the setting (college, backpacking, outside of japan etc) before they experimentate with the gender of the protagonist

Altho, I might be proven entirely wrong

Lunar15

I expect Atlus to experimentate with the setting (college, backpacking, outside of japan etc) before they experimentate with the gender of the protagonist

I mean, they've written a girl before. It's possible.

Zolo

Ultimately, I think it just depends on if it's something that Hashino would really be interested in doing despite being pushed to go for a male protagonist.

.JayZii

Banned

I hope they do both! I also hope that they can get some games out more quickly now that they have a lot of assets developed, and as a result feel more free to do some more experimenting with character and setting.

The word you're looking for is just "experiment".

I care more about the design of the protagonist than the gender myself, would be hyped as fuck either way. The upside of a choice is that it is like basically two full brand-new playthroughs right there, provided the S. Links and some other things (like Elizabeth/Theo I guess?) are changed or at least given an option.

That said, I see the "Design more tightly around one protagonist" angle, so I'd be perfectly fine with that as well.

I think Atlus could pull off a female MC just fine.

We'll probably get another high school dude as the MC in Persona 6 just because tradition, but...

Y'all remember when P2EP had an adult woman as the protagonist? And P2IS having a gay option before that? It's so weird thinking of all the places they were willing to go in P2 that seem preposterous for the series as it is now.

Some impressions from my first 7 hours of gameplay for P5, still in the middle of the 1st dungeon atm.

The music is fantastic like the previous games though there is a lot less vocal tracks which kind of sucks when comparing it to persona 4 and 3.
But the instrumental themes and everything else I have heard up to now have been great, can't wait to buy the full ost when it is released.

The combat system is exactly familiar to anyone who has played persona 4 or 3, along with the hold up element which is pretty cool. Though I'm not great with Japanese so I can only translate a few words here and there lol.
The story I'm not going to comment on other than the fact that it is much darker in tone compared to the previous games.

The game looks fantastic you can tell it is a PS3 game ported due to some low res textures but ignore that because the artstyle and aesthetics more than deliver for it. One minor gripe being that it runs at 30FPS but I've adjusted to it now.
Lastly this game is the most stylish and artistic game I have seen up to now, it looks that damn good.

PS The dungeon designs being fixed for the main story was an excellent idea because it looks and plays so much better than just being a bunch of corridors with very similar texturing/floors.

barybll

Banned
I quit the game, I can't take it anymore.

Not because its bad, rather I quit because I feel like I am missing a very much better experience by actually understanding the dialogue, despite understanding what was going on the grand scheme of things.

However, dropping P5 after tasting it is hard, I want to play and at the same time I don't.

I just want to express to those who chose to wait, that you will not be disappointed.
And I guess I will be joining you all in the wait afterall

Wait, so the PS4 version actually is 30fps then? I've heard people say it's 60 and others say 30 so many times that I just don't know anymore.

Its 30, a very stable 30.

Hedgey

For anyone interested, I will be streaming Persona 5 in its entirety starting tonight at 8PM EST.
I wanna make this a good show. If anyone is able to help out with Kanji, I'd seriously appreciate it!

www.twitch.tv/hedgey

Lynx_7

I quit the game, I can't take it anymore.

Not because its bad, rather I quit because I feel like I am missing a very much better experience by actually understanding the dialogue, despite understanding what was going on the grand scheme of things.

However, dropping P5 after tasting it is hard, I want to play and at the same time I don't.

I just want to express to those who chose to wait, that you will not be disappointed.
And I guess I will be joining you all in the wait afterall

Bro, you're past the point of no return. Deep down you know you won't be able to resist knowing the game is right there.

At first you'll be like "there's no harm in just looking at the icon, right? Yeah, I mean, it's not like I'm gonna actually play it or anything!" and you'll keep staring at it intensely, remembering the good old times and how much fun you had. Eventually, your mind will start playing tricks. "There's no harm if I just stare at the title screen, right? It's stylish as fuck, yes, let's do that. I'm a strong man, I can resist the temptation, it's just, you know..." and then you'll click on the icon, and your PlayStation will boot the game. The opening plays as you watch in amazement. It's right there, right in front of you just waiting to be played. "Maybe...", you start making excuses, "maybe I should just walk around the city talking to people and doing shores, there's no harm in doing that, right? I swear I'm not touching the main campaign, it's just to soak in all that style, that's all!". The ost starts to play as glasses-kun walks around the streets, every single pixel of the screen oozing atmosphere. You start salivating, your eyes are red. You need it. Just one more dungeon. This'll be the last one, you swear to yourself as the endorphins are released into your body.

At that moment, you know it's already over.

barybll

Banned
Bro, you're past the point of no return. Deep down you know you won't be able to resist knowing the game is right there.

At first you'll be like "there's no harm in just looking at the icon, right? Yeah, I mean, it's not like I'm gonna actually play it or anything!" and you'll keep staring at it intensely, remembering the good old times and how much fun you had. Eventually, your mind will start playing tricks. "There's no harm if I just stare at the title screen, right? It's stylish as fuck, yes, let's do that. I'm a strong man, I can resist the temptation, it's just, you know..." and then you'll click on the icon, and your PlayStation will boot the game. The opening plays as you watch in amazement. It's right there, right in front of you just waiting to be played. "Maybe...", you start making excuses, "maybe I should just walk around the city talking to people and doing shores, there's no harm in doing that, right? I swear I'm not touching the main campaign, it's just to soak in all that style, that's all!". The ost starts to play as glasses-kun walks around the streets, every single pixel of the screen oozing atmosphere. You start salivating, your eyes are red. You need it. Just one more dungeon. This'll be the last one, you swear to yourself as the endorphins are released into your body.

At that moment, you know it's already over.

NO!
I AM GOING TO RESIST IT!

Kaneko has resurfaced one again to post a 20th anniversary message on the 20th FES website: http://p-ch.jp/20thfes/

key.png

Dantis

Hey guys, just a word of warning: some c-word on Twitter tweeted me a mega spoiler for P5. It's my own fault for not staying off Twitter, but it's still unfortunate.

If you're waiting it out until February, I'd recommend staying off the social medias for a couple of weeks until things die down.

Also, people are pricks.

Strimei

I assume I'm safe since I don't tweet about really anything, but as I follow a number of japanese twitter accounts, I have to be careful there.

This'll be fun...

edit: Also probably wise to close the youtube chat for the concert, haven't seen anything but yeah that could be easily spoiled through that.

Jintor

Man I haven't listened to some of these persona songs in a while

How is the PersonaGAF Discord, is it spoiler-free in there?

Strimei

Not totally enamored with this but then again I didn't care for Mass Destruction and I absolutely love that one now, so give me 80 hours and I'll probably love it too.

Mediking

It's only September... Not even 2017 yet This wait is killing me. I got work and college and the days still aren't going fast enough to get to P5's release.

It's only September... Not even 2017 yet This wait is killing me. I got work and college and the days still aren't going fast enough to get to P5's release.

I don't think I'll be able to play it until next summer... Got like five different exams to study for (uni applications year! \o/).

OvO

edit:

And what's happening to our community? Are we in a zombie state or something? :(

I think people just took flight right now due to the Japanese launch of P5. People were talking about staying off the web for the next couple weeks at least to let the launch furor die down. I presume that people will gradually return to posting after a couple weeks, perhaps a month.

Mediking

I don't think I'll be able to play it until next summer... Got like five different exams to study for (uni applications year! o/).

OvO

edit:

I think people just took flight right now due to the Japanese launch of P5. People were talking about staying off the web for the next couple weeks at least to let the launch furor die down. I presume that people will gradually return to posting after a couple weeks, perhaps a month.

And good luck on your exams!!! Study!!!

Oh thanks for explaining what's going on with our community.

And everytime, I glance at the Import OT... I feel sad, happy, and jealous. Artsi is one of many who are having such an amazing time with the game and I'm so jealous!

OrionX

*looks at clock* 2:39

*looks at calendar* September 17

*looks at clock again* 2:40

... Fuck.

And good luck on your exams!!! Study!!!

Oh thanks for explaining what's going on with our community.

And everytime, I glance at the Import OT... I feel sad, happy, and jealous. Artsi is one of many who are having such an amazing time with the game and I'm so jealous!

Thank you! ^^;

I've had just about my fill of prerelease media, and I feel like I can somehow wait it out until February at least. Just really, really happy to see P5 out there and everyone enjoying it immensely.

149 days... *sigh*

I think it's plainly clear that Atlus didn't just have minor "polishing" to do when they announced the Japanese release window of "Summer 2016" a little over a year ago. It'd be interesting to learn of what really happened during development of this game, though we can probably all guess. (New engine + having to build the entire demon/personae assets + the original parent company going bankrupt + having to build a PS4 version + the amount of content in the game itself = 9.15.16 release) It's also rather obvious that Atlus USA had only barely begun any type of localisation around the time of E3 this year.

asagami_

Banned
We'll probably get another high school dude as the MC in Persona 6 just because tradition, but...

Y'all remember when P2EP had an adult woman as the protagonist? And P2IS having a gay option before that? It's so weird thinking of all the places they were willing to go in P2 that seem preposterous for the series as it is now.

I suppose these decisions were from Satomi Tadashi. He returned to write P2 EP PSP additional scenerio, but who knows if he will return to write a main Persona/Megami Tensei game.

Mediking

How many of you guys actually know a Persona fan face to face? I only know one dude whose a Persona fan but he's not as passionate about it like me. I do know somebody else whose interested into Persona because of me though. What about you guys?

How many of you guys actually know a Persona fan face to face? I only know one dude whose a Persona fan but he's not as passionate about it like me. I do know somebody else whose interested into Persona because of me though. What about you guys?

I have a friend who seems to be enjoying persona 4
but he got the neutral end and keeps forgetting he's not done argh

OrionX

Not me. That's why I came here, to find others who understand. :p

Wow, can't believe P5 has released (in Japan). Even though I only became a fan after the PQ/P4D/P5 reveal, it feels like a looooong time. Got a friend in school who's also hyped up for the game. Let's see if I manage to get a PS4 for the game or just play it in the PS3 :p

The only reason I got into Persona was through a face-to-face friend.

Lunar15

I didn't know anyone in person that loved persona before I played it, but I've gotten people I know into the series afterward.

One of my coworkers loved it so much that he decided to go teach abroad in Japan.

I know one guy that has played P4 before. I'm not too sure he liked it though.

The first game I played was Persona 3 a year after its original release and my friend jumped in on Persona 4 on release.
I know one person who is pretty passionate, is hyped for Persona 5 and pre-ordered it immediately on announcement plus he also has a bunch of Labrys figures from Figma and has played all the spin offs like me. The only ones he hasn't played is persona 1+2 because they are too old for him to play which sucks because Persona 2 is easily up there with the rest for me.

Me and this person also managed to get a copy of the Solid gold premium edition for P4G though the import burned.
I've also got a couple of people at work who've imported the Japanese version 20th Anniversary edition who are then buying the English release in February.

Top Bottom