• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Petition To Bring Back All Past Off-Topic Threads As Locked Threads

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Add me. Unclear why they're locked at all. It's like Google removing websites from the internet and blacklisting the most successful companies from advertising via Google. Nobody wins here - neoGAF's ad revenue is reduced and over a decade of content is lost.

Signed.

Hancock1.jpg

goodcow

I'm member 245, and simply from an archivist standpoint, they should be brought back so they can be saved. But I'm also moving on from here to ResetEra, because of the current ownership and way things were handled.

mashoutposse

Ante Up
I'm member 245, and simply from an archivist standpoint, they should be brought back so they can be saved. But I'm also moving on from here to ResetEra, because of the current ownership and way things were handled.

You're the original GAF archiver.

Acerac

Banned
Add me. Unclear why they're locked at all. It's like Google removing websites from the internet and blacklisting the most successful companies from advertising via Google. Nobody wins here - neoGAF's ad revenue is reduced and over a decade of content is lost.

I can think of one reason, and it is pretty fucking sad.

Coreda

Signed. Better than nothing if that's the way things are going. It's already in its own separate forum judging by the new OT URL.

im guessing we can lock this thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/announcement.php?f=22&a=72

The Off-Topic thread archive will be restored this week, since internet petitions are always super effective.

Instead of restricting the discussion of controversial issues or divisive politics in Off-Topic, we're just going to be insisting extra firmly that you get along with each other no matter the subject, and we'll be more proactive to that end. We won't be tolerating self-righteous screaming matches or hostile, polarized sensationalism disproportionately centered around US politics. Relax and get along, and act as you would in a diverse social setting face-to-face in real life (...pretend you're well-adjusted).

Dark Rider

It is good news indeed that OT library will be back, no one will need to post hundreds (I have more than a thousand for sure) links to OT threads to be moved.

I guess the restriction on political and social issues discussion/thread has been lifted? That is good news too.

WE DID IT!

"The Off-Topic thread archive will be restored this week, since internet petitions are always super effective." - EviLore

I want to thank all 145 people who took the time to sign this petition to restore the old Off-Topic archives! Thank you all, we could not have done it without you. Remember people, together we are strong.

Megaton! :)

Success

Good job, I'm glad you took the initiative with this, "closed mouth don't get fed" and thanks to this feedback you put out, we all eatin.

You are most welcome! Thank you for standing up and showing your support in this. And this is a rather funny but powerfully analogy lol.

Top Bottom