• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Petition To Bring Back All Past Off-Topic Threads As Locked Threads

Werd

I regularly looked up old GAF threads for movies/TV shows when I got around to watching them, so yeah I'd like an archive.

I guess there are two sides of it, those who want to read things in the past etc

And those who feel it's in the past and doesn't matter.

For me, I can fully see why we can move on, if I lose my pc I just move on and lose my data and that's that. While I do not worry about having the threads I do not see any harm in having them so for those that want it you have my vote

Dhx

Sure. Mark me down. My subscriptions are just.. off.

On top of that, my entire posting history has been essentially nuked from orbit.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Signed

Yes please. I'm a hoarder when it comes to messages and posts.

I haven't deleted any emails or text messages for god knows how long. And I like being able to look up my old old posts to see how I viewed things at a certain time.

So much this.

I don't keep a journal, but my posting history might be the closest thing. 10 years of unfiltered thoughts on every possible topic. It's such a neat insight into how I've changed over the past decade. I'm kicking myself for not saving copies of them myself before this all went down.

Signed. I can't exactly remember the names or keywords for old OT threads I made, and I want some kind of archive for as much GAF history and discussion as possible.

ubique

Add me, there's a lot of helpful advice and great random stuff. I didn't plan to post anymore but wanted to keep using the search function as I always did

Add me to the list.

It's a pretty good middleground solution, plus there is a lot of threads I want to read for advice, info, knowledge etc.

SiteSeer

all my ot subs are wiped out but i've got a whole folder of bookmarks to gaf threads, so ... yes bring it all back, locked, unlocked, whatever. but we can't lose that content.

turnbuckle

Bring them back. Unlock any that were open prior to this incident.
Having a board full of locked threads looks worse than if they were gone altogether.
Having them gone altogether is an incredible waste of years of good content.

GAF is on life support. Having all that content gone makes it look dead.

Maybe it already is.

- Edit -

Signed

Jordan117

Signed. This fiasco had already convinced me to switch to ResetEra, but wiping OT removes the last reason for me to ever check back here. I'm even considering adding GAF to my Google blocklist so that broken links to wiped threads don't pollute my search results.

(And before anybody asks, the only reason I'm here now is because the site is still on my mobile browser home page, which I will remedy right after posting this.)

Top Bottom