• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Petition To Bring Back All Past Off-Topic Threads As Locked Threads

Signed.

I love going back and looking up old movie or show threads after watching whatever it is I watched. With IMDB shutting down their boards, I only used GAF and Reddit as my source for this kind of discussion.

LakeEarth

I also like this idea. How else will I be able to find out what people on this forum thought about Annabelle Creation? Or to see my old thread about that time I got hit in the face by a golfball? These are important things.

Ombra

I also like this idea. How else will I be able to find out what people on this forum thought about Annabelle Creation? Or to see my old thread about that time I got hit in the face by a golfball? These are important things.
All bs aside you are right on all counts.

slit

Am I missing something? Why can't the old threads just be brought back unlocked? Is there something incriminating in them or something? Or is it because a lot of them are political?

butzopower

proud of his butz
Disagree. With the amount of users who've voluntarily given up their accounts, I feel like all the old off topic threads are a liability.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I would be all for this. You don't need to keep the picture post threads, the girlfriend pic posts, or other highly personal threads, but there is a ton of great history in those threads going back more than a decade. Keep them, just lock them.

Add me too please. I know what happened regarding the owner, but I don't understand why some of my favorite threads are gone.

And from what I've been reading around; is it correct that we can't talk about politics in off topics?

Success

Add me too please. I know what happened regarding the owner, but I don't understand why some of my favorite threads are gone.

And from what I've been reading around; is it correct that we can't talk about politics in off topics?

Yup, no more politics.

prag16

Banned
I'm in.

Still never got an explanation (that I saw) as to why 'privacy' is a concern with regard to these threads NOW, but was NOT a concern two weeks ago.

Sign me up.

Dark Rider

Hopefully the old OT will get restored and all the members history will be back and everyone bookmarks and subs will work again.

Top Bottom