• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

pants

I was never in the GAF guild but I played a bit with people from here, even at it's height I never really saw many of you (Euro time)

ezodagrom

I was pretty sure the level curve was compressed so that getting to lv50 or so is fairly trivial. Just make sure you are fighting enemies within 5 or so levels of you.
The exp penalty now starts with enemies 16 levels above the player, so at lvl 21 he's safe with up to lvl 36 enemies.

Alright cool, thanks. I'll start feeding my mag then!

Hit level 21. *woo* I remember why I quit playing last time...Slow XP gains, haha. At least it's fun!
Do client orders, especially Koffie's area unlocking ones. Also emergency quests when they pop up.
In my opinion, it's way too easy to lvl up now early on (lvl 1 - 40 is just way too easy due to the huge exp from area unlock COs for those lvls).
Due to how much easier it is to level up, newer players don't pick up some of the things that older players learned through the time they leveled, newer players reach the super hard or even extra hard difficulty modes under-equipped and under-experienced.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks guys - I'll start working CO's and see if that helps speed things up.

Also, someone linked this video on PSOW and it's melting my mind. Is this normal levels of damage, or is this person likely full of crazy good gear? YouTube RA/BR

Bilix

Hey. Since there's people here and I hate playing alone all the time, we should exchange partner cards or something sometime.

pants

My client hasnt worked properly in ages, I've moved on till there's a hassle free english client (localized) else i'm out.

I stopped playing cause the grind from SH to XH was bullshit, plus I really don't like how their model for f2p has affected the rare item acquisition metagame.

I stopped playing cause the grind from SH to XH was bullshit, plus I really don't like how their model for f2p has affected the rare item acquisition metagame.

Not really sure what you mean on either count here - I've been back for about a week after a forced half year break and have leveled from 70->73 doing little more than emergency missions and daily orders. Premium set users can pay for guaranteed rare drop rate bost, but it doesn't really amount to much (like 3% IIRC, and the same boost is a random chance for everyone else). I can't think of any other way real money affects the acquisition of rares unless you mean the ability to open more storage/inventory slots.

I mean in the sense that they're like, okay here here's a bunch of absurdly rare best in class equipment, and if you want anything approaching that in power level, either go pony up for the trade ticket or grind bullshit for a million hours for the trade-in stones.

Also wrt daily COs and emergency quests, that's exactly what I'm talking about? I didn't find running around in literal circles beating up whatever the quest of the moment was to be particularly thrilling gameplay, and the one fun thing about the game, base despair, kept getting scheduled at times incompatible with my work schedule. Game just started respecting my time less and less so I stopped paying attention.

ezodagrom

Not really sure what you mean on either count here - I've been back for about a week after a forced half year break and have leveled from 70->73 doing little more than emergency missions and daily orders. Premium set users can pay for guaranteed rare drop rate bost, but it doesn't really amount to much (like 3% IIRC, and the same boost is a random chance for everyone else). I can't think of any other way real money affects the acquisition of rares unless you mean the ability to open more storage/inventory slots.
As far as I know, there's no boost at all for being premium, while 300% rare drop boost tickets can be bought in the AC shop, don't have to be premium to buy them.
250% rare drop boost tickets can be bought on the excube shop anyway, for 6 excubes each.

As far as I know, there's no boost at all for being premium, while 300% rare drop boost tickets can be bought in the AC shop, don't have to be premium to buy them.
250% rare drop boost tickets can be bought on the excube shop anyway, for 6 excubes each.

I was referring to the premium drinks. And yes, nothing about cashing in cubes for 250% rare drop boost requires premium. I didn't even know about the 300% item until you just mentioned it.

I have no idea what he's talking about with the trade pass. Can you even trade anything beyond 9*? It has literally been years since I've opened a trade window, the restrictions make it useless for anything but passing meseta around.

ezodagrom

I was referring to the premium drinks. And yes, nothing about cashing in cubes for 250% rare drop boost requires premium. I didn't even know about the 300% item until you just mentioned it.

I have no idea what he's talking about with the trade pass. Can you even trade anything beyond 9*? It has literally been years since I've opened a trade window, the restrictions make it useless for anything but passing meseta around.
I completely forgot about the premium drinks. xD

He probably means buying 10*s or 11*s from the player shops, requires premium to trade a 10*/11* for a buying rights pass.
Though it's alot easier to get 10*s or 11*s nowadays without premium anyway, especially with TDs and Magatsu.
The strongest equipment at the moment can't even be bought in the player shops anyway, 12*/13* weapons and 11* units.

Wonko_C

Are there any active people on Team GAF? Last time I was part of the team there was no one there. Ended up joining another team because of that

Guessing not. I've asked about joining the GAF team and haven't heard anything from anyone.

Last time I checked Team GAF disbanded in the past year. I've been an on/off player since I began and even though I was part of the team I mostly played solo to catch-up with the higher level members but I burned myself out. (I kinda only tend to play online games with RL friends most exclusively but no one wants to play PSO2)

where was I going with this? LOL. Guess I'll join some of you players if I ever break my habit of logging in for 10 minutes every 2 weeks and finally break the LV50 brick wall.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So uh...That Magatsu event was nuts. I got PILES of 8*+ drops (9* stuff, too). What do I do with all the non-gun stuff if I'm playing ranger?

Also, is there some special way to tech items that I need to care about? There's options to increase stats and such when I tech?

So uh...That Magatsu event was nuts. I got PILES of 8*+ drops (9* stuff, too). What do I do with all the non-gun stuff if I'm playing ranger?

Also, is there some special way to tech items that I need to care about? There's options to increase stats and such when I tech?

If you aren't going to use something, sell it in the player shops. Or sell them to the NPCs. Or just trash them. All 7-9star weapons (bar the special promo code weapons) are worthless in the player economy unless they have really good or high number of affixes (good defense affixes don't really count, people are mostly concerned with attack, hp, or pp).

Tech it with Luck Rise or EXP up. People usually opt for the former since EXP boosters are so easy to come by. Meseta up is largely useless.

If for some reason you want to see my desynced stream recordings from the Magatsu that happened over the weekend (not the one that happened just now, I ran that on Vita), they're here. It's not a spectacular run at all, considering it was the first time I've ever run the mission. Something was really screwy with the stream that day and the recording was split into literally 32 pieces; these are the two largest chunks.

Bonus:

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If you aren't going to use something, sell it in the player shops. Or sell them to the NPCs. Or just trash them. All 7-9star weapons (bar the special promo code weapons) are worthless in the player economy unless they have really good or high number of affixes (good defense affixes don't really count, people are mostly concerned with attack, hp, or pp).

Tech it with Luck Rise or EXP up. People usually opt for the former since EXP boosters are so easy to come by. Meseta up is largely useless.

Cool thanks!

My brother is downloading this and wants to give it a shot. What's the best guide on getting an account created with zero knowledge of Japanese?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
First, find out your user number so he can use the Friend Invite System - it has to be put in before he makes his first character. You guys both benefit as he levels up that way.

That same site is also probably still the best resource for registration and other guides.

Thanks - gave him my invite info.

So after playing a bunch yesterday, I realized that the only noticeable lag is when doing big group events. Is that normal? I don't seem to get any in small solo stuff.

Has Sega made any recent statements about a western release? They usually put out one every 3 to 6 months to confirm that the game is still "delayed."

Has Sega made any recent statements about a western release? They usually put out one every 3 to 6 months to confirm that the game is still "delayed."

Nope. Probably would have seen it on GAF by now if they had.

I think they did have a PSO2 survey like a month ago or something though

Aomber

Decided to re-download this game and check out what's going on, haven't touched it in like two years.

Forgot it's 24 GB, ooph.

Finally had a chance to try out Challenge mode. Was streaming (but didn't announce, I only get on sporadically), the recording is here if anyone wants to watch/critique: http://www.hitbox.tv/video/496289?t=1h15m12s

I was advised to stick to wands, a weapon I've never really touched. I don't think I really got the hang of it until the third and last run, which was pretty much doomed from the start for other reasons. Definitely need to learn to play a little less safe, as I think it was hurting my offensive output.

What time (Eastern)? I have a few things to take care of tonight first but I might be able to spare an hour or two starting 9-ish.

I have to disclose I had pretty much already gone on hiatus when his area came out, so I don't have it fully unlocked, nor do I really know how to fight the thing =/

Triggers or no? Have a teammate or two willing to join as long as it's triggers and not run straight to boss. (Can you even still get triggers for this?)

Ramune

I might be able to help. I have one trigger and can probably get one or two more with the amount of coin passes I have. 9 is when I get out of work, and we have family coming in tomorrow, so I can't make any promises. I have you on my FL Star, so I can send you a whisper if your still on.

Thanks~ I'll try to get on sooner if I can get done with what I need to get done tonight early. ShinMaruku, if you don't have me on your list (I honestly forget who I have and don't have at this point orz) my player name is simply "StarCreator".

So that didn't work out well at all, though Maruku and Chicken put up a valiant effort dealing with what we had. Going to go for an MPA with triggers next time. Maybe Saturday? I can't guarantee my availability yet though.

ShinMaruku

So I unlock Fomeglion, and when I cast it, it's the big bang hamehameha with the damage it does. Thank you sega. Thank you.

Haven't had any luck whatsoever getting a Saiki hunt together. I have the triggers but there are just no people willing to run in during a time I can actually play.

So, this happened tonight.

Now to pay Doodoo's consulting fee for the next few days... (suggestions on what to put on them are welcome, knowing that my budget is probably only going to be about 40m... current suggestion from a teammate is Granzo Soul/Latan Fever/Noble Technic/Spirita3/Stamina3)

Trying to get back into PSO2, recently had it installed using the tweaker, but now it crashes... I recently updated my GPU from GTX570HD to GTX970. I didn't have any issues prior but I did uninstall the game.

The game crashes after the Sega logo and it tries to play the starting movie and it gets really choppy before it crashes. If I disable the logo and video it just crashes, I never get to the intro screen.

CEJH_ipVAAELd13.png

Top Bottom