• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT3| PS4 ways to play

Kalentan

Just loading the page tells you your IP has a working route to the game servers. (Pretty much everyone outside SEA should have no problems at this point.)

Alright. Kind of hyped to get back in. Played a long while back when you used to have to have a VPN to login. Assuming the English Translations are still good- should be fun!

sensui-tomo

i've been playing this as of last week.... been using past knowledge of PSU and those games to fit in place here with some of my friends who picked it up the same day i did, so is there a guide to make the story go by quickly in chapter 1-3 since some stuff is vague on how to progress the story or whatever, also on another note, i've played braver for a while as my first class thinking, hey it seems alright.. its an anime class since you got vergil sword techniques and quincy(bleach) bow techniques... then i try summoner with a monster i've more or less fed a majority of eggs to that i havent already hatched to the point of it being level 65, at level 16 my summoner completely outdamages my level 33 braver with a good 700+ bow
Also heard a rumor that the vita version could possibly be patched in the future, seems like a bright future for those who wanted to play the game.

ezodagrom

i've played braver for a while as my first class thinking, hey it seems alright.. its an anime class since you got vergil sword techniques and quincy(bleach) bow techniques... then i try summoner with a monster i've more or less fed a majority of eggs to that i havent already hatched to the point of it being level 65, at level 16 my summoner completely outdamages my level 33 braver with a good 700+ bow
Summoner is really strong early on, but in the highest difficulty mode it's a more average class overall (with a few really situational really powerful moves that take alot of preparation to achieve).
Bow braver is a great boss killer but lacks against mobs (when paired with ranger as subclass).
Katana braver is pretty strong all around, both for mobbing and for bosses (when paired with hunter as subclass), bow is still usable for a katana focused BR/HU, but more often than not there's little reason to use the bow.

Kalentan

Sorry to bump but is there still enough time to get enough Gold Weapon Badges to buy the Flowen Sword skin? It was my favorite weapon back in PSO.

Sorry to bump but is there still enough time to get enough Gold Weapon Badges to buy the Flowen Sword skin? It was my favorite weapon back in PSO.

I think Xie is gone after this upcoming maintenance so you'll have to spam the Limited Quest on XH difficulty (70+) to even have a chance. It dies down during Emergency Quests on Ship 2 though.

OMG Aero

You get a bunch of weapon badges from the Chrome Dragon and Gal Gryphon at the end of the Beach Wars emergency quest, so that's a good way to get them when that's happening.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yes. Right now the best source is to grind the hell out of the Odin quest.
Is that quest up all the time? I really wanted to do it when the collaboration started, but I was busy with other games.

Is that quest up all the time? I really wanted to do it when the collaboration started, but I was busy with other games.

Yeah, It's one of those event quests that are always active. The collection files that require Odin expire the 23rd~ so I'm assuming that's the last day.

I can't do 70+ but I can do 20+... Can I solo it? I'm level 32.

Generally you don't want to solo anything (other than Arks Quests when unlocking areas) if you don't have to. Go to a level appropriate block and start the quest there. Assuming other people are also running the quest, people will join the MPA and you'll have a much better time.

I can't do 70+ but I can do 20+... Can I solo it? I'm level 32.

Depends on gear, but it'll be slower than finding a group/block that's running that difficulty. I think I only got like 2 Gold badges per run on SH (50~55+) but I'm not sure if anything lower is the same or faster.

Kalentan

Depends on gear, but it'll be slower than finding a group/block that's running that difficulty. I think I only got like 2 Gold badges per run on SH (50~55+) but I'm not sure if anything lower is the same or faster.

o.o

Only 2...?

And you need 350? Holy shit, that's crazy!

I will say though... Getting to the end and seeing Odin in Black Shroud was kind of amazing. It goes up and beyond most cross over events I've seen in games.

Also I beat it on normal solo and only got 1 silver badge. Q.Q

o.o

Only 2...?

And you need 350? Holy shit, that's crazy!

I will say though... Getting to the end and seeing Odin in Black Shroud was kind of amazing. It goes up and beyond most cross over events I've seen in games.

Also I beat it on normal solo and only got 1 silver badge. Q.Q

Yeah, the payout for badges is better on XH. I think I usually get 20~30 something for 40 minutes or so. It also takes slightly less time than SH because mostly everyone is ridiculously geared with 13 stars and such. There was only like 2~3 LV75s when I was doing SH for some collection file stuff.

Edit: I forgot to add that I'm mostly always running 250% RDR boosts and mostly always pop a 50% Donut from Xie's shop. I don't know if this affects the badges because they're not drops like in the Summer EQ but the donuts are like 1 Gold badge per and I use everytime I see a boss I need for collect files or just before Odin.

Kalentan

Yeah, the payout for badges is better on XH. I think I usually get 20~30 something for 40 minutes or so. It also takes slightly less time than SH because mostly everyone is ridiculously geared with 13 stars and such. There was only like 2~3 LV75s when I was doing SH for some collection file stuff.

Edit: I forgot to add that I'm mostly always running 250% RDR boosts and mostly always pop a 50% Donut from Xie's shop. I don't know if this affects the badges because they're not drops like in the Summer EQ but the donuts are like 1 Gold badge per and I use everytime I see a boss I need for collect files or just before Odin.

I'll probably have to hope that the event comes around again. Too low level at the moment. Wish I had starter earlier...

Anyway, question, I'm done with Matterboard 1-2, how do I get 1-3?

Edit: Okay needed to do the first mission again and go the other way... but still no 1-3 matterboard.

I'll probably have to hope that the event comes around again. Too low level at the moment. Wish I had starter earlier...

Anyway, question, I'm done with Matterboard 1-2, how do I get 1-3?

Edit: Okay needed to do the first mission again and go the other way... but still no 1-3 matterboard.

I don't remember how the early matterboards work exactly, I joined when EP3 had launched. Maybe this will help:

http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/matter_overview.php#nav

Do note that the site is (was? I don't use it much anymore so I don't know if updates are more frequent) usually outdated a few updates in.

I'm new to this and have fallen in love with the Gunner class. Do I need to learn how to use the TPS camera in order to use the class most effectively?

I'm new to this and have fallen in love with the Gunner class. Do I need to learn how to use the TPS camera in order to use the class most effectively?

Gunner doesn't really emphasize accuracy as much the Ranger does, but it wouldn't hurt to get used to the other camera for when you need it. You'll probably be fine just using the lock-on.

Kalentan

Level 40 now. Really liking it... Though I will say I'm not that looking forward to Episode 4's Earth stuff... While I do like the emergency mission that takes place there. It does make it seem like the game went from "more anime-but still PSO" to "Generic Anime with PSO's name on it."

Level 40 now. Really liking it... Though I will say I'm not that looking forward to Episode 4's Earth stuff... While I do like the emergency mission that takes place there. It does make it seem like the game went from "more anime-but still PSO" to "Generic Anime with PSO's name on it."

I like the concept of having to fight shit like tanks and salaryman zombies, but I feel like I'm enjoying the game in spite of itself thanks to the cutscenes and all that terrible shit.

Kalentan

I like the concept of having to fight shit like tanks and salaryman zombies, but I feel like I'm enjoying the game in spite of itself thanks to the cutscenes and all that terrible shit.

I do hope it goes back to the standard stuff after that. Back to something more akin of Universe or original PSO.

I do hope it goes back to the standard stuff after that. Back to something more akin of Universe or original PSO.

Have you finished all available episode 1-3 content? I can understanding wanting more if you have, but there's no shortage of content along those lines already if you're new to the game.

Kalentan

Have you finished all available episode 1-3 content? I can understanding wanting more if you have, but there's no shortage of content along those lines already if you're new to the game.

Oh no, I'm not saying there isn't. I just fear that Episode 4 is a sign of things to come. Cause I can't wait to get to max level and start doing Ultimate or the games equivalent and it would suck if all updates Episodes following 4 are very similar in style.

I'm being told the badge shop isn't going away, but after maintenance you'll have to go to the back of the shop area to the side of the recycle booth. You can even still turn in 2015 badges still. (You can also trade in ten 2015 badges for one 2016 badge.)

The Odin quest has a few weeks left on it still, so there is still more time to get 2016 badges.

Kalentan

I'm being told the badge shop isn't going away, but after maintenance you'll have to go to the back of the shop area to the side of the recycle booth. You can even still turn in 2015 badges still. (You can also trade in ten 2015 badges for one 2016 badge.)

The Odin quest has a few weeks left on it still, so there is still more time to get 2016 badges.

Oh. Wonder if I have enough time to get to level 75 (level 43 right now) and begin farming Odin to get the Flowen Sword skin.

Mr Rivuz

Trying to play this game on ps4, last night icreated the sega id and played the tutorial but now i'm unable to load my character. Might it be because it's still downloading something in background? Upper right corner of the screen shows a bar at 44%.

Oh. Wonder if I have enough time to get to level 75 (level 43 right now) and begin farming Odin to get the Flowen Sword skin.

The exp needed for levels spikes up after 50. If you want to get to 75 as fast as possible, start doing VH Advanced Quests. If you can trigger a PSE Burst get to an area entrance/exit tile or a small corner tile and start killing as fast as you can. And make sure to bring exp boosters.

Trying to play this game on ps4, last night icreated the sega id and played the tutorial but now i'm unable to load my character. Might it be because it's still downloading something in background? Upper right corner of the screen shows a bar at 44%.

I believe thats the game still being downloaded. You'll probably want it to finish before trying to play.

I believe that's the installation progress. PS4 games have a lengthy post-download installation procedure for whatever reason, but partial functionality (in PSO2's case, the character creator) is available while the installation is in progress.

Mr Rivuz

Yes it was still installing, when the bar reached 100% it let me play.
It'll take me a while though to get the hang of things with all these japanese menus.

Been busy to post but in case you haven't already found out, they did move Xie's 2016 badge shop to the recycle shop area. I'm not actually sure how much time for badges is left but yeah, if you want to level I'd do EQs, Advance Quests if you feel like grinding. I'm not sure how good this LQ is for leveling but you only need level 70 to enter XH.

OMG Aero

This youtube channel has ripped and uploaded the music from the Las Vegas free field and man it's so good. I know a lot of people don't like the episode 4 story but I love it just for all the great vocal tracks.
Hopefully they do a boss emergency quest in America like Yamato so we get even more.
Is there a way to change the victory pose after beating a boss?
Yeah, it's in the same menu as the shortcut word options:
iPUt4qZ.png

hsvAhpz.png

The top option lets you pick the pose and the bottom option lets you change the look on your face.
In the pose menu you can switch between tabs to pick either male or female poses and the top option on each list just picks a random pose whenever you get the victory screen.

Kalentan

How important is it to complete episode 1 stuff? Cause I have noticed you can unlock many missions and zones without following the story.

How important is it to complete episode 1 stuff? Cause I have noticed you can unlock many missions and zones without following the story.

You have to go through Episode 1 to unlock Episode 2 story. There's no content unlocks locked behind Ep1/2 progression aside from NPC partner cards.
Only Tokyo requires you to play the beginning of Ep4 and Claris' COs to unlock compound techs require you to have Episode 3 matter board selected. Though the latter can be bought from the photon drop shop.

Kalentan

You have to go through Episode 1 to unlock Episode 2 story. There's no content unlocks locked behind Ep1/2 progression aside from NPC partner cards.
Only Tokyo requires you to play the beginning of Ep4 and Claris' COs to unlock compound techs require you to have Episode 3 matter board selected. Though the latter can be bought from the photon drop shop.

Okay. I only ask cause I'm level 46 now and I'm on Matterboard 1-4 and while I can easily go and do the stuff, I do feel my progress slowing because of it.

preta

I quit about a year ago because I felt like although the core gameplay was rock solid, there was very little interesting content outside of EQs. Is this still a problem? If not, I might come back.

I quit about a year ago because I felt like although the core gameplay was rock solid, there was very little interesting content outside of EQs. Is this still a problem? If not, I might come back.
I find it hard to empathize because I've never felt content was lacking.

There's only a week left in the FFXIV crossover quest, so at the very least you should try that once. (I still haven't tried it!)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I find it hard to empathize because I've never felt content was lacking.

There's only a week left in the FFXIV crossover quest, so at the very least you should try that once. (I still haven't tried it!)
The boss fight is fun, because of the aoe attack floor markers from FF14, but the road to the boss is just yet another "go through the corridor and fight random enemies".

Sort of. Aside from more story content, they have added small things like gathering (which you really only bother with to get rings to enhance your class skills) and a Collection File system to obtain 13 star weapons (which use the new item grind method that is cheaper and failproof) by hunting for specfic weapon drops.This can include drops from EQ or LQ specific bosses but it's nice being able to work on progress while waiting on EQs. They're adding another Time Attack soon which compliments some previously added content which they use in their livestream competitions if your into solo challenge stuff (for fun.)

I started doing XH this week after hitting 70 and my very first drop was a *13 rifle. How do I go about efficiently grinding this thing?

Also, what do I do with *13 eggs if I don't care about Summoner at all?

Top Bottom