• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer "We are actually the better owner of any game ip than any other publisher on the Planet" "Engagement is our oxygen"

Portugeezer

Holy shit. Bernoulli Bernoulli 's having a field day with these hot take Phil The Gamer threads. 😂
Let him cook.

Good Dish GIF by Next Level Chef

BootsLoader

Banned
God what a mess. All this “gamers” posts from MS and a future from gamers etc. This is getting worse and worse for MS. I can sew him stepping down….but….money is money, who knows.

Elog

I tried to stay away from the "Phil's email" threads but this is quite something.

He has seemingly no idea what their problems are and as a consequence of that what tasks he has in front of him. I am stunned. He is way closer to Baghdad Bob than I thought was possible.

Adam_802

These leaks legit make me want to sell my Xbox. I want no part supporting this disgusting future they're planning.

Fucking subscription garbage. Bunch of Kumbaya play everything everywhere nonsense. Consolidation. No compete. No ambition. Shit ass exclusives. All digital garbage. Cloud based trash. Buying Nintendo. Buying Activision. Buying Bethesda. Buying Warner Brothers. Poor studio management. 1 proper exclusive every 2-3 years.

Fuck you
:kaz:
Feel better?

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Would anybody expect Phil to say anything different? It's Phil without the PR filter. He's been saying this shit for years.

graywolf323

Unless I am missing something, isn't this email the smoking gun that proves that Microsoft is acquiring studios with the intent to foreclose on the competition? This is exactly what the FTC and (originally) the CMA were afraid of with the Activision acquisition.
once again proving that the FTC court case was a joke, more so the judicial system as a whole

Flutta

Banned
Unless I am missing something, isn't this email the smoking gun that proves that Microsoft is acquiring studios with the intent to foreclose on the competition? This is exactly what the FTC and (originally) the CMA were afraid of with the Activision acquisition.
Yes. This just shows you how corrupt the judicial system and how powerful MS influnce is.

MS has politicians in their pockets and the FTC can do fuck all about it. The FTC is there for show more or less.

tryDEATH

It's abundantly clear a larger majority of people posting aren't familiar with corporate culture and everything he says is just your everyday email exchanges. This sort of confidence in a cut through company like MS is a per-requisite for any sort of higher position let alone a leadership role.

Adam_802

It's abundantly clear a larger majority of people posting aren't familiar with corporate culture and everything he says is just your everyday email exchanges. This sort of confidence in a cut through company like MS is a per-requisite for any sort of higher position let alone a leadership role.

Yeah, lotta obvious bad faith trolling. Par for the course though, not really unexpected

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
"I want to make it clear to Google, Amazon etc that you are NOT going to catch us in gaming.....I just want to put us out of reach".

Same old Microsoft. They don't like having serious competition. They want to crush all competition under their boot and then swivel it into the dirt for good measure.

Top Bottom