• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney is finally back on sale

Big_T

Crazymoogle said:
my sentiments exactly

Video games + Amazon Prime = yessssssssssss
thats really cool
even if you dont have amazon prime you get amazon free shipping
i just ordered DS lite
no tax
free shipping

They are stocking many hard-to-find titles, too. I bought Phoenix Wright a few days ago and happened to see they had Dawn of Sorrow in stock too. Looks like those are gone but they are restocking. :)

LakeEarth

Yeah, for the amazon one, whenever something says 'shipping 1-2 weeks', it actually means 'when we get a shipment'. I ordered Castlevania from amazon.ca and after two weeks I just ended up getting a "we're sorry but its been delayed another 4-6 weeks, thank you for shopping at amazon, tell your friends!" message today.

LakeEarth said:
Yeah, for the amazon one, whenever something says 'shipping 1-2 weeks', it actually means 'when we get a shipment'. I ordered Castlevania from amazon.ca and after two weeks I just ended up getting a "we're sorry but its been delayed another 4-6 weeks, thank you for shopping at amazon, tell your friends!" message today.

Wow, that sucks. =/ I got the "shipping in 1-2 weeks" message when I ordered Phoenix Wright, I'll update the thread if this happens to me as well. That would be pretty lame of them.

yonder

I only have one thing to add to this thread.

"Whooooooooooop! Detective Gumshoooooooooe!"

Best moment of the game. :lol

Priz

LakeEarth said:

heh, I know that.

I remember I was reading Kage Baker's amazing "Company" series and finished book 2 and wanted to go in order, but book 3 was out of print at this time in the US. (It just came out here in paperback and I was at Borders who had 15 copies about a week ago. Nice!) I had read on one fansite that it was still in print in Europe. Amazon.uk had it listed on their site for sale in Paperback with a shipping time of 1-2 weeks. (Slightly different name for this one book in Europe, but otherwise the same book). So I ordered it with a coupon I had received from amazon.uk and saved some $$$.

Two weeks letter they send me an e-mail saying they haven't recived it and are working to aquire it from their sources and to wait. Then for 6 months, every single month, that same basic e-mail. Finally at 6 months they sent an e-mail saying something along the lines of "We couldn't get it, but good news - we just quietly cancelled your order and didn't charge you!"

I forwarded that e-mail to Kage to let her know her book was officially out of print (or extremely hard to get) in Europe. She replied recognizing my e-mail host and asked where I lived. I told her and she mentioned she would be in San Francisco that week doing a book reading/signing. She had a unopened box full of hardbacks of this particular book I wanted just sitting in her garage and she'd bring me one for cover price if I wanted it. I brought her a NTSC copy of "SPACED" on DVD in thanks and she signed my book and everything. It was cool. Even ran into some friends at the signing I hung out with afterwards.

Jasoco

Banned
Apparently "1-Click" is just that. One click and the item is ordered. In other words, Amazon will be sending me a copy.

Can't wait.

Tarazet

Jasoco said:
Apparently "1-Click" is just that. One click and the item is ordered. In other words, Amazon will be sending me a copy.

Can't wait.

Uh, how do I put this.. well, the good news is, they won't charge you until it ships. The bad news is, that won't be until September.

Link1110

Those of you who want the game can still order the japanese version from playasia. I've said it a bunch of times in this thread already but people seem to miss it anyway, the japanese version has full english.

People that do this should at least send Capcom USA an e-mail saying they did, otherwise its just one less sale come September, and thgat much less chance of them seeing potential in the series.

Link1110 said:
People that do this should at least send Capcom USA an e-mail saying they did, otherwise its just one less sale come September, and thgat much less chance of them seeing potential in the series.

God, at this point, how could they not see potential in the series? Every time they print this damn game it disappears in a matter of days.

Link1110 said:

the sequel is already slated for release in the U.S., so I think it's safe to say capcom has seen the potential in the series, and will be attempting to capitalize on it in the future.

SuperPac said:
The copy I ordered from Capcom's online store arrived yesterday. Schweet. :D

Yay. I was waiting for someone to post they got their's from Capcom. I'm waiting for mine to arrive, card's been charged.

Jasoco

Banned
sonarrat said:
Uh, how do I put this.. well, the good news is, they won't charge you until it ships. The bad news is, that won't be until September.
Are you sure? My confirmation email says:
Shipping estimate for these items: July 12, 2006 - July 19, 2006
Delivery estimate: July 14, 2006 - July 22, 2006
Doesn't sound like September to me.

Tarazet

Jasoco said:
Are you sure? My confirmation email says:

Doesn't sound like September to me.

Well, good luck with that. If you placed it when you say you placed it, it isn't coming until September.

Big_T

i got the game from play asia last monday
and ds lite from amazon yesterday
who wants play asia 5$ coupon ?
dsc001128xi.jpg

GilloD

Banned
Determined not to order a copy off the web, but to find it through hard work, I have:

Visited:
17 Gamestops/EB/Funco
5 Toys R Us'
4 indie game retailers
1 Nintendo World
3 Best Buys

In:
6 states
2 time zones

And I still have never, ever seen a copy. Please. I'll trade a Castlevania DoS or Advance Wars in box, good shape for this. Help me. PM me. Do something.

ninge

its in stock in every game shop ive been to in the UK (and is in fact one of the 4 games most big retailers are bundling with the DS lite) so if you can stomache the price you can easily import it from here!

GilloD said:
Determined not to order a copy off the web, but to find it through hard work, I have:

Visited:
17 Gamestops/EB/Funco
5 Toys R Us'
4 indie game retailers
1 Nintendo World
3 Best Buys

In:
6 states
2 time zones

And I still have never, ever seen a copy. Please. I'll trade a Castlevania DoS or Advance Wars in box, good shape for this. Help me. PM me. Do something.

Why not order it online? I'd trade, but I can't bear to give up a collector's item like this - sorry :(

Link1110

Visited:
17 Gamestops/EB/Funco
5 Toys R Us'
4 indie game retailers
1 Nintendo World
3 Best Buys

In:
6 states
2 time zones

You've been to NW, so you have the ability to go to New York and the surrounding area, so....

GameStop
Clocktower Plaza
9110 Atlantic Avenue
Jamaica, NY 11416
(718)845-8305

GameStop
Route 17 S/C
91 Rt. 17 South
East Rutherford, NJ 07073
(201)935-3783

EB Games
Watchung Square
1515 ROUTE 22 WEST
SUITE 25
WATCHUNG, NJ 07069
(908)412-8123

Those all have it used.

GilloD

Banned
Link1110 said:
You've been to NW, so you have the ability to go to New York and the surrounding area, so....

GameStop
Clocktower Plaza
9110 Atlantic Avenue
Jamaica, NY 11416
(718)845-8305

GameStop
Route 17 S/C
91 Rt. 17 South
East Rutherford, NJ 07073
(201)935-3783

EB Games
Watchung Square
1515 ROUTE 22 WEST
SUITE 25
WATCHUNG, NJ 07069
(908)412-8123

Those all have it used.

I'll try the Jamaica location after work today, but no car==no New Jersey. Alas. THE HUNT CONTINUES.

Top Bottom