• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney is finally back on sale

Tarazet

Edit: These stores appear to still have it in stock:

http://www.shop.com/op/~Nintendo_DS_Phoenix_Wright:_Ace_Attorney-prod-20849792-28561110?sourceid=298
http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/NTR-P-AGYE.html?id=SbD3apFj
http://www.toysnjoys.com/ds.html

Looks like Capcom's long-promised reprint of this game has come. It's $35 + shipping, but well worth it and a good $20-30 below Ebay prices up until now. This is a wonderful, infectious little game and if you haven't had the pleasure because of the high asking prices, now's your chance. If you paid twice the retail price for it, like a lot of people did, you get a special badge of honor for wanting this game that badly
but you still got owned

Tarazet

Update: June 13, 2006 at 9:20AM EST
Please note that pricing for Phoenix Wright is being raised to US$39. We've purchased some more stock from another USA supplier at a slightly higher price to buffer our inventory from yesterday which is being depleted faster than we expected.

Amazing.. Capcom underprinted this game by so much.

Tarazet

almokla said:
I was about to order it from Amazon.co.uk for my bro in law...

Do yo uthink other online sores will start selling it again?

They didn't the last time this game appeared on NCSX's website. It was in stock for a couple of days, a handful of copies popped up on Ebay for $30-40, and then it vanished again.

Maximilian

DIYMF Alumni
Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I swear I was looking at another thread the other day where someone listed a URL for a Hawaiian online retailer who claimed to have Phoenix Wright in for $30. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Again, I may just jump on this NCSX sale before it's too late. I NEED to get this for a good buddy of mine.

Tarazet

Maximilian said:
Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I swear I was looking at another thread the other day where someone listed a URL for a Hawaiian online retailer who claimed to have Phoenix Wright in for $30. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Again, I may just jump on this NCSX sale before it's too late. I NEED to get this for a good buddy of mine.

Aha! You're right.

http://www.toysnjoys.com/ds.html

Baker

Banned
I am a sucker. Paid $50 for a new copy on ebay last week. Oh well, should be worth it for how much you crazy people have hyped it.

Maximilian

DIYMF Alumni
Don't feel too bad perplexcity. It's worth owning for $50. The music, the humor... it's an absolute must have for DS!

Ncsx is lying, I'm sure. Every other place I could buy Phoenix from didnt raise the price. J&R Music, which I ordered from didnt go over $29.99

RumFore

Banned
Its terrible over rated because few were made. Good if you find it at its regular price but not worth $50 being that you will never play it again once completed.

Baker

Banned
RumpledForeskin said:
Its terrible over rated because few were made. Good if you find it at its regular price but not worth $50 being that you will never play it again once completed.

Well, if even used copies keep selling for at least $50 on ebay, everybody wins.

Ichigo

just to be safe i ordered a copy from both sites (in case one may sell out) i have a friend who wanted this game so hopefully i can sell it off to her. Thanks for the heads up

frogg609

It's funny, yesterday ncsx was at 35, (which is what i ordered it at), and now it's 39. they better not try and screw me.

If you happen to have some friends in the Philippines you could ask them to shipped it to you or if they happen to be visiting the country ask them to but it for you, they have some Phoenix Ace Attorney right here, malls like SM Malls and Greenhills shopping center has them, and also small software shops like Data Blitz also carries them, and they retail for about P 2,300.00 pesos which translates to roughly $ 45.00, they import it from the US, thats why it is quite steep. So you may wonder were are the rest of copies gone to, they are all here. :D I'll post some pics soon if I happen to pass by the malls again.

Maximilian

DIYMF Alumni
and... ordered. I paid $8 for shipping/handling but I'll supposedly get a tracking # when they do ship, so that's worth it. Especially for what NCSX is charging now! WIN!!! Thanks again sonarrat! I'm sure my friend thanks you from the bottom of their heart!

EDIT: I ordered from toysnjoys.

i managed to snag a used copy as part of the buy 2 get one free at EB last week, but this is good news for everyone else i knew who wanted a copy.

future_pinoy said:
If you happen to have some friends in the Philippines you could ask them to shipped it to you or if they happen to be visiting the country ask them to but it for you, they have some Phoenix Ace Attorney right here, malls like SM Malls and Greenhills shopping center has them, and also small software shops like Data Blitz also carries them, and they retail for about P 2,300.00 pesos which translates to roughly $ 45.00, they import it from the US, thats why it is quite steep. So you may wonder were are the rest of copies gone to, they are all here. :D I'll post some pics soon if I happen to pass by the malls again.

A quick note, after some searching and a few phone calls, it turns out we have a licensed distributor here named: Active Bokei, it is listed in the licensed distributor of the official Nintendo site, so I guess the shops here are selling the ASIAN version of the games, which happens to be in English, you can barely see the difference between the US and the Asian ones, but still some tipped me that there still some shops that carries the US ones and ironically priced much lower than the Asian ones at $40.00. The Magic Word is Greenhills !

Memles

Anyone see this at a Canadian site? At all? Or in Canadian stores? Yeah, I know, unlikely, but I have to hope.

Memles

Yeah, no thanks on the $80...and yeah, hopefully VideoGamesPlus picks it up soon. They eliminated the game after the last reprint sold out, so perhaps they have no plans to get it back in.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Hmmm I doubt they printed many more, I bet in a month it'll be rare again, and I can sell my copy for 50 to 60 bucks.

bluemax

Banned
FYE is already sold out :-(

Maybe I'll just get it from Play-Asia since people say that has the English option.

Tarazet

I was just checking the Amazon prices for PW (down from $49.99 to $48.98, heh) and found out that Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow took a huge jump from $34.99 to $49.99 overnight.. Walmart.com is sold out, and BestBuy.com is backordered. New copies are selling MSRP+ on Ebay. Interesting development...

And Trauma Center is almost $40... wtf. DS Lite FTW.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
On the Japanese version--is the english translation the same as the US version?

PC Gaijin

So has Toys N Joys turned things around in the last few years or what? Because they used to rank right up there with Buyrite as shittiest online retailer ever. Fair warning.

rhino4evr

I ordered a copy from Walmart a few hours ago, I just got the shipped email. Should be here by Friday. Now i just have to finish Trauma Center.

Top Bottom