• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Photoshop GAF - Retro Box art for Modren Games

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
mmexx5.jpg

Septimus

Wow some of these are awesome. Some of the PAL SNES boxes though just look weird and phony to me and but I guess that works both ways.

The next thread should be a pixel art challenge to take modern games characters and design 2D sprites for them. Preferably ones who've never had a pixel incarnation.

Metal B

Android18a said:
I think one of the "problems" with buying a modern game is you feel like you're not getting much for your money. You get a sleek, thin, DVD case, a disc, and - chances are - an 8-page black and white manual.

You picked up the sealed SNES box, and it felt good. Weighty, like you'd just bought something that DID cost £60. Taking off the celophane wrap, trying to open it without creasing the box, taking the cart out of it's little plastic bag... you just don't GET that anymore.

Bring back cardboard boxes for games, I say. And make fold-out maps compulsory in any game with an overworld.

*starts thinking of more ideas for SNES boxes for modern gameses*

There are still there, but now called "Special Edition" and cost 90€.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Jocchan said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I love your humor.

Epcott

I couldn't figure out which old console to pic, so I did two retros for SF4

2a7s9z8.jpg

2ajoyna.jpg

The second is my favorite, I just wish I could find a badly drawn Ryu from part 4

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
JasonMCG said:
I'm having way too much fun with his. Awesome thread, OP. :lol

wrb7md.jpg
Haha, love it :lol

Epcott said:
Just move the logo to the right (slightly rotating and resizing it) so it doesn't cover Ken's face, and it's PERFECT to me.

Top Bottom