• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that make you laugh |OT2| It's a Dirty Job But Someone's Gotta Do It

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ice poles.

Am I the only one here who just snipped the top off with some scissors and pushed the pop out of the 'sleeve' from the bottom as I ate it? Then just drink the melt-juice-stuff when its all eaten.

I'm not sure how you'd eat it with the plastic in your mouth. :p

the chris

jW9gi.jpg

Mik2121

I think only North Americans will get this one. Memories.

Even though everybody else said it (Norway, Australia, etc...), yeah.. we also had them in Spain. I had a ton of those every summer, and as someone else already said, I would usually just open it with scissors when at home, then push it from the bottom and eat it, then drink the melted part. I don't think I ever hurt myself eating/drinking those.

This bad boy was the initial inspiration for some alien designs in Prometheus:

io9 said:
1. The creatures could have been much more monstrous.

Carlos Huante says he came up with some primitive, scary creatures, based on the real-life goblin shark. (At left: Some video of goblin sharks, that Huante says he shared with Ridley Scott.) There was the Deacon, which eventually turned into "that blue thing that comes out of the Engineer" at the end of the film — but Huante's version was very different. Also, there was a creature that everybody called the "Beluga Head," that he really wanted to make the cut, but sadly didn't. Both of these creatures were supposed to have "some of the mouth structure from the goblin shark, or at least the concept of how the mouth shot out," says Huante. "The Goblin is very delicate, and my creatures were not delicate. I wanted them to be elegant but wickedly strong."

http://io9.com/5917639/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-the-design-of-prometheus

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Two awesome pics! First one kinda looks shopped but the second is legit. Wish I was old enough to be partying with them and could handle cocaine. lol

ODTO7.jpg
Seems legit.

b48vw.jpg

1h9rE.jpg

I'm more curious about why Paul Reubens is dressed up as Pee Wee; was this an official function of some sort or did he just like to party in character? :D

Am I the only one here who just snipped the top off with some scissors and pushed the pop out of the 'sleeve' from the bottom as I ate it? Then just drink the melt-juice-stuff when its all eaten.

wait, that isn't how you're supposed to eat it?

Real OG's would hold it in their mouth so you could still run around and play. The best thing to do was cut the plastic along the side so it wouldn't cut as bad, but after 5 or 6 you'd still be feeling it in the corner of your mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom