• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that make you laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
QxuxX.jpg

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Summary Man said:
That's just the asking price. Means nothing unless it actually sells for that amount (which it wont). I can literally auction off a used napkin on eBay starting at $10,000, but that doesn't mean it's worth that much.
atleast one alpha black lotus sold for $15,000, which is still worth the nerd angst.

thespot84

ok time to contribute.

A friend of a friend posted this on facebook, and by all accounts it seems to be a total accident:

BRMPQ.jpg

EDIT: OK so i got taken for a ride, still a funny pic though

The bandolier can't possibly be an accident ... but awesome either way.

Also just wanted to say that when i was a magic player i had a black lotus. My cards are sitting somewhere in my dads attic. If i had known i would have sold that shit years ago. Time to go rummage. Other than the obvious (not a fake, not completely ruined) is there anything else the card needs to demand that much cash? Like coming from a certain edition or anything like that?

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
You guys ever run “internet humor” past a coworker who doesn’t get it? I don’t do it by choice, they come running when they hear me laughing. The old couple with the tobacco pipe got me. My coworker then recites to me Doonesbury comics, and episodes of Mr. Bean. Ugh.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Pandaman said:
atleast one alpha black lotus sold for $15,000, which is still worth the nerd angst.

Theres one out there that is rated Gem mint 10 (highest quality possible) AND is signed by the artist. That one is likely worth 25K or so.

But if you really want your mind blown, look up some prices for original art. It runs from 50 bucks for a junk common nobody cares about, to several hundred for nicer commons, to a thousand for even junk rares, to tens of thousands for original artwork of the most sought after cards.
I can't even imagine what the Black Lotus original artwork goes for.

QualityPixel said:
drpepper_125_1-330x250.jpg

You can still get this in my area (Utah)
Nectar of the GODS +1

yeah but your Utah formula has no caffeine. it's best to get the DP from the Dublin bottling co. that has the real 10 2 4 formula made with real sugar and caffeine

Enco said:
I always go for the classic privacy of the enclosed toilet.

Much prefer them over urinals. Don't need to have a mans thang hanging next to me.

Yes yes.. size jokes.

Japan would be a very uncomforatble place for you I think. Most public ones are open door urinals in full public view. Things are getting better here though, as newer restroom facilities are built with better privacy for passerbys in mind. Unfortunately the norm for Japan urinal set-ups are partition-less and less than 6 inches apart from each other. Holy shit the aim is so bad here too even though most urinals are the tall narrow type that touch the floor... How do you even miss that?

Enco

Upsidedown Fuji said:
Japan would be a very uncomforatble place for you I think. Most public ones are open door urinals in full public view. Things are getting better here though, as newer restroom facilities are built with better privacy for passerbys in mind. Unfortunately the norm for Japan urinal set-ups are partition-less and less than 6 inches apart from each other. Holy shit the aim is so bad here too even though most urinals are the tall narrow type that touch the floor... How do you even miss that?
Sounds.. interesting.

Can't really imagine it. Suppose they're not bothered as much about privacy? That or they have no sense.

AlStrong

-viper- said:
Using urinals is dumb and unsanitary. Way more likely to have splashback on your clothes or legs or whateve.r

It's about man's superior efficiency in time and space consumption versus women.

perfectchaos007 said:
yeah but your Utah formula has no caffeine. it's best to get the DP from the Dublin bottling co. that has the real 10 2 4 formula made with real sugar and caffeine

Hah! You can buy and sell caffeinated soft drinks in Utah! It should be the same formula as all the Dr. Pepper, and the "Heritage" DP is believed to be made with cane and beet sugar. I've heard that Dublin DP is made with just cane sugar, which would be the sweetest variety (but even most of the hard core DP heads like my self would not be able to tell the difference b/t heritage and dublin).

TommyT

QualityPixel said:
Hah! You can buy and sell caffeinated soft drinks in Utah! It should be the same formula as all the Dr. Pepper, and the "Heritage" DP is believed to be made with cane and beet sugar. I've heard that Dublin DP is made with just cane sugar, which would be the sweetest variety (but even most of the hard core DP heads like my self would not be able to tell the difference b/t heritage and dublin).

Best part about the Dublin DP... get that shit in kegs yo!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I remember going to Australia/New Zealand in the early 90's and half the places I went to had those crazy urinal troughs.

I've only seen them at ballparks since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom