• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that make you laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divius

worldrunover said:
I don't have an iPhone, but how/why in the hell would autocorrect change pillows to dildos? Or pork to pussy? They're not even that close.
spoiler:
Most of those autocorrect pictures are fake.
Or at least, I think they are.

Aguirre

oGH0y.jpg

Can someone tell me the source of this? I don't remember it in WW.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
ChryZ said:
Big image clearly too big to quote

I'm in tears here XD

Tears? Really?? Barely raised a smile on my end. What it does show is the young age of the people making these comics. I bet the dude that made this was born in 1996 and thinks that being into 80's movies is super edgy. "Hey, have you heard of the Goonies??"

Lijik

Jedeye Sniv said:
Tears? Really?? Barely raised a smile on my end. What it does show is the young age of the people making these comics. I bet the dude that made this was born in 1996 and thinks that being into 80's movies is super edgy. "Hey, have you heard of the Goonies??"
Dude dude did you know before Batman Begins there was already a Batman movie? I know crazy right? How can there be a batman if Batman didnt begin? Well I guess you just always gotta have a Batman. Anyways that Alice in Wonderland hack made it and some asshole Ive never heard of plays the Joker and he doesnt even do the scars line so its not very good.

Door2Dawn said:
Why would you quote THE WHOLE ENTIRE FUCKING THING. I should bop you in the nose for this!
Picture quoting? Really?? Barely raised another smile on my end. What it does show is the young age of the people who quote ginormous comics. I bet the dude that quoted that was born in 1996 and thinks that using obnoxious posting techniques is super edgy. "Hey, have you seen this pic already??"

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Also, a pic:

eAybS.png

http://www.humblebundle.com/?/?

ChryZ

Jedeye Sniv said:
The left side of the strip and the last panel did the trick. Stop over analyzing and have laugh once in a while.

Watching someone watch a classic movie might be ok...

Watching a movie with someone else who's seen it and keeps looking at you every 20 seconds to see how you react to everything will ruin any movie you see.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Cuban Legend said:
how the fuck is bending a playing card funny? serious question btw
Black Lotus is a very valuable MTG card. So bending it is sort of like, I dunno, pouring acid on a Ferrari. If there's a way to laugh about it, then that would be a diabolical laugh, I presume.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Geez....there is a Black Lotus BGS 10 on ebay with an asking price of $100,000 lol

I never played magic but I collected sports cards and that is absolutely ridiculous.

wolfmat said:
Black Lotus is a very valuable MTG card. So bending it is sort of like, I dunno, pouring acid on a Ferrari. If there's a way to laugh about it, then that would be a diabolical laugh, I presume.

its kinda funny that people can get that worked up over a piece of paper with a plant drawn on it....

Reseil

Cuban Legend said:
how the fuck is bending a playing card funny? serious question btw

The card stock used won't crease when you do this. It was the only way to test cards to see if they were fake. I used to buy and sell singles forever ago and people would shit themselves when I did this to their expensive rares checking for counterfeit cards.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Reseil said:
The card stock used won't crease when you do this. It was the only way to test cards to see if they were fake. I used to buy and sell singles forever ago and people would shit themselves when I did this to their expensive rares checking for counterfeit cards.
Ooooh shit! Droppin the knowledge.

Reseil

Metalmurphy said:
I don't get it...

They think that the person is damaging the most expensive MTG card printed (thousands of dollars in some cases).

In actuality, no harm is being done to the card.

Kinyou

Nappuccino said:
And...? That bill is assigned value by the government (more or less), not some dudes who like playing card games.
Value is always relative. You wouldn't pay me a dollar for a simple glass of water, but if you were in the desert and about to die of thirst, you would pay any price I name.

Kinyou said:
Value is always relative. You wouldn't pay me a dollar for a simple glass of water, but if you were in the desert and about to die of thirst, you would pay any price I name.

Water is something that you need to survive. Money is something you need to survive. A playing card is not.

Value is dictated by humans. Paper bill values are dictated by the government. The value of that rare card is dictated by the community.

Being a need or want is irrelevant to the value. A Ferrari is not a need but it costs a million more than a plate of food which is something you need.

Law of supply and demand, really. Demand will not consider if a material is a want or a need. As long as it is in demand, it's valuable.

Sounds to me that you're just determined to discredit/criticize MTG players with your phrase "dudes who like playing card games". I have absolutely no interest in MTG, but I will say that the same kind of value placement is applicable to everything else that has a market.

Wolf Akela said:
Sounds to me that you're just determined to discredit/criticize MTG players with your phrase "dudes who like playing card games". I have absolutely no interest in MTG, but I will say that the same kind of value placement is applicable to everything else that has a market.

Its perfectly fine for them to decide how much they want to pay for something. But like anything, I can decide that it is a silly venture in my opinion and treat it as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom