• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikmin 3 Direct 2013.6.26 - 8 pm Japan Time (12 pm BST, 7 am EDT)

They should put subtitles in this direct since the game is coming over seas keep everybody informed at the same time

They did this for Miyamoto's presentation of Skyward Sword at Nintendo Fall Conference 2011. Wonder why they don't do it more often for games that are popular overseas.

Just realised I won't be able to watch this 'live', but I will only be an hour or so late. Looking forward to it. From what I remember, Mr. Matsumoto is a huge fan of the series. Watching him play and talk to Mr. Miyamoto will be fascinating, no doubt.

guek

Banned
I expect nothing of note from the investor's meeting. They've been pretty stubborn about releasing anything to appease the investors during those meetings for as long as I can remember

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
All this Pikmin 3 exposure is making me more excited for the game, despite not really liking Pikmin 2.

Garou

https://twitter.com/Nintendo/statuses/349363284778024961

They will have Matsumoto Hitoshi of Downtown who often said how much he loves the Pikmin-series appear in the Direct.

matsumoto.jpg

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Guys, the investor meeting you could look for is next month; this week there are only things related to dividends, next month is for the Q1 results. And, effectively, it makes sense: how could they talk about Q1 results in June, when Q1 isn't over yet?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Don't care about game-specific directs until W101.

I was thinking the same, but then I thought that maybe I shouldn't watch that one. I'm already 100% sold on TW101. I don't need to know anything more at all. And every little thing I don't know is one thing for me to discover fresh when I play the game for myself.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Guys, the investor meeting you could look for is next month; this week there are only things related to dividends, next month is for the Q1 results. And, effectively, it makes sense: how could they talk about Q1 results in June, when Q1 isn't over yet?

Financial quarters don't start and end the same for everybody.

Nintendo's investor meeting is on the 27th.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Financial quarters don't start and end the same for everybody.

Nintendo's investor meeting is on the 27th.

They always have the general meeting of shareholders at the end of June, and it's different from the Financial Results Briefing, the next one of which is in July. That's the one with sales, financials updated, as well as Iwata's presentation.

BY2K

Membero Americo
They always have the general meeting of shareholders at the end of June, and it's different from the Financial Results Briefing, the next one of which is in July. That's the one with sales, financials updated, as well as Iwata's presentation.

Well shit... :(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This game has white and purple Pikmin in it, right? It's hard to tell from the marketing materials.

F#A#Oo

Banned
I was thinking the same, but then I thought that maybe I shouldn't watch that one. I'm already 100% sold on TW101. I don't need to know anything more at all. And every little thing I don't know is one thing for me to discover fresh when I play the game for myself.

Oh indeed.

D-e-f-

Banned
Here are last year's Nintendo Direct dates:

1. February 22
  2. April 21
  3. June 3 - Pre E3 Direct
  4. June 21
  5. August 29
  6. September 3rd - Wii U Preview Direct
  7. October 25th
  8. December 5th

So far, they've been following this basic schedule for this year as well. I've excluded the mini-directs because those seem arbitrary. Not sure whether or not this is a mini-direct for Pikmin 3 but even if it is, we should be expecting a real one soon.

Chotto Directs don't get announcements, they kinda just happen.

This is their June Direct. They never break the 2-month pattern. The August Direct will focus on The Wonderful 101 this time, unless they do a separate one for that.

ditto

vareon

Chotto Directs don't get announcements, they kinda just happen.

This is their June Direct. They never break the 2-month pattern. The August Direct will focus on The Wonderful 101 this time, unless they do a separate one for that.

Has there ever been a game specific direct that turned out to be a general Direct? Because they specifically said this is Pikmin Direct.

Hopefully we get some other little titbits, but I'm still happy to just see more Pikmin. Maybe we can see the Purples and Whites do something this time.

Also more about the shorts would be great, the Kid Icarus ones were pretty great, though perhaps that was due to the voice acting etc,

mclem

Seriously. They say it themselves. This is a Pikmin Direct.

I think the only thing that's an external announcement that *could* reasonably happen is some sort of Pikmin Smash announcement, but even that's not terribly likely.

SO HYPED! The main reason I bought the Wii U recently is this game

Will sure watch the Direct tomorrow. Wont understand a thing though......

Yeah but I'm hoping Kamiya will be there.

Top Bottom