• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pinball Arcade Kickstarter - Dr. Who [Goal=$54,364]

Vyse24

B1CnJCP.gif

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1067367405/pinball-arcade-doctor-who

Finally, a Kickstarter that can succeed with the help of intellect and romance over brute force and cynic...wait, I'm being told that it's still money that decides whether this succeeds or not. Sorry about that. Anyways, $54,364 is the goal this time around, which actually makes this their cheapest Kickstarter yet.

Pledge $1 or more
Don't have much to spend but still want to help the cause? All we ask is that you donate a dollar and share our Kickstarter on your social media pages. You'll have our gratitude, plus the satisfaction of knowing you helped make the preservation of this amazing table possible!

Pledge $7 or more
Get the Doctor Who® pinball table on a single platform of your choice.

Pledge $10 or more
Get the Doctor Who® pinball table on a single platform of your choice PLUS your name listed as a BRONZE backer in the game credits!

Pledge $15 or more
Get the Pro version of the Doctor Who® pinball table including access to the table operator’s menu on a single platform of your choice, entry into the Kickstarter Supporters Tournament. Running from now until the end of the Kickstarter, this tournament features our other Kickstarted tables; Twilight Zone®, Star Trek: The Next Generation®, T2®, and The Addams Family®. PLUS your name listed as a BRONZE backer in the game credits!

Pledge $17 or more
Everything above PLUS the new updated Doctor Who® pinball table on a single platform of your choice. This version will include all new art and audio featuring the latest doctors.

Pledge $20 or more
Get the Doctor Who® Pro pinball table on any two platforms of your choice, entry into the Kickstarter supporters tournament, your name listed as a BRONZE backer in the game credits PLUS an exclusive Doctor Who® Pinball wallpaper.

Pledge $25 or more
Everything above PLUS an additional copy of the new updated Doctor Who® pinball table on the platform of your choice (total of two copies of the new table). This version will include all new art and audio featuring the latest doctors.

Pledge $30 or more
Everything above PLUS an additional pro copy of the table for the platform of your choice (total of three copies).

Pledge $35 or more
Everything above PLUS an additional copy of the new updated Doctor Who® pinball table on the platform of your choice (total of three copies of the new table). This version will include all new art and audio featuring the latest doctors.

Pledge $40 or more
Everything above PLUS an additional Pro copy of the table for the platform of your choice (total of four copies)!

Pledge $45 or more
Everything above PLUS an additional copy of the new updated Doctor Who® pinball table on the platform of your choice (total of four copies of the new table). This version will include all new art and audio featuring the latest doctors.

Pledge $50 or more
Everything above PLUS your name listed as a SILVER backer in the game credits AND the Doctor Who® virtual pinball collection. These are Doctor Who themed custom balls that can be played on any table in the Pinball Arcade.

Pledge $60 or more
Everything above (including the four copies of the updated table) PLUS the new Regenerated Doctor Who® virtual pinball collection. These are Doctor Who themed custom balls that can be played on any table in the Pinball Arcade.

Pledge $75 or more
Everything above PLUS an entry into the exclusive Doctor Who® Backers Tournament. This tournament is played on the Doctor Who table after we've released it. Tournament winners will receive a framed Doctor Who® pinball print signed by the FarSight Team!

Pledge $80 or more
Everything above (including the four copies of the updated table and Regenerated Custom Balls) PLUS entry into the exclusive Backers Tournament featuring the new updated version of the Doctor Who® table. This tournament is played on the Regenerated Doctor Who table after we've released it. Tournament winners will receive a framed Regenerated Doctor Who® pinball print signed by the FarSight Team!

Pledge $85 or more
Everything above PLUS a Season Six Pass on up to two platforms for Steam(PC and Mac) or Mobile(Android or iOS) that will include the 1992 Bally Doctor Who table, the new Regenerated table AND nine unannounced pinball classics as they are released.

Pledge $99 or more
As a special thank you to all our gold backers: Everything above PLUS The Kickstarter EXCLUSIVE Addams Family® Special Collectors Gold Edition. This edition features a special ROM as well as gold accents, such as the metal ramps, gold legs and bolts, gold lettering, the vault plastic, the bumper caps and Thing's box. (You must already own The Addams Family table to receive this upgrade)

Pledge $100 or more
Welcome to the GOLD club!!! Everything above PLUS your name listed as a GOLD backer in the game credits.

Pledge $200 or more
BETA TIER: Everything above PLUS early beta access to the Original and Regenerated Doctor Who® table on Steam for PC and Mac.

Pledge $250 or more
Everything above, six additional Pro copies of the table for the platform of your choice (ten total copies, which can be gifted to friends) PLUS an awesome Doctor Who themed Pinball Arcade Development Team shirt!

Pledge $500 or more
Everything above PLUS an awesome Doctor Who themed Pinball Arcade Development Team hoodie!

Pledge $1,000 or more
Get everything above PLUS an invitation to the special Doctor Who Pinball party hosted at FarSight Studios in Big Bear California (transportation and lodging not included), a framed picture of you and the FarSight team (at the party) AND your name listed as a PLATINUM Backer in the game credits!

Pledge $2,500 or more
Get everything above PLUS an invitation for you AND FIVE FRIENDS to the the special Doctor Who Pinball party hosted at FarSight Studios in Big Bear California (transportation and lodging not included), a framed picture of you and the FarSight team (at the party) AND your name listed as a PLATINUM Backer in the game credits!

Funding Period
Jan 14 2016 - Feb 13 2016

Also, be sure to check out the Pinball Arcade Community thread if you haven't already: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=462373

bigkrev

I did not like this table much when I played it for the first time earlier this year, and the license is a massive turn-off to me.

Will be the first one of their Kickstarters I do not back

PaulloDEC

I have a lot of fond memories of playing this table as a kid. It helped that I was a huge Doctor Who dork at the time and our local arcade just happened to have this particular machine.

Will consider backing this.

galvatron

OMG, love the sound on that machine! They have it at a local pinball arcade, but it's never quite it tip-top shape...

It'll be nice to see it preserved.

I'm not much of a Doctor Who fan but I'll back everything Pinball Arcade does. It is the perfect use of kickstarter and I love FarSight's work.

BTails

Not a huge pinball guy, but I LOVE Doctor Who, especially the classic Doctors. Will definitely be backing this!

Compared to the other tables they've brought to kickstarter (star trek: tng, twilight zone, addams family, etc) this is... disappointing.

It's all opinion, yes, but this table isn't exactly held in a super high regard to pin fans. If they brought in something like Lord of the Rings or World Cup Soccer, it would be much more exciting. This is the first time they've done a mediocre table simply for the license.

PaulloDEC

Compared to the other tables they've brought to kickstarter (star trek: tng, twilight zone, addams family, etc) this is... disappointing.

It's all opinion, yes, but this table isn't exactly held in a super high regard to pin fans. If they brought in something like Lord of the Rings or World Cup Soccer, it would be much more exciting. This is the first time they've done a mediocre table simply for the license.

Based on the IPDB user reviews, it seems like Lord of the Rings, World Cup Soccer and Doctor Who are all held in pretty similar regard (well under half a points difference between any of them).

Eh. I'm not knowledgeable when it comes to pinball, so I should probably shut up. It just seems a little unfair on the devs to suggest that the only reason they're doing Doctor Who is because the license is popular.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is there a pledge tier that reveals which of the doctors is Tom baker and which is Jon Pertwee? I assume it's the two one from either side, and I'm guessing the left one is Tom Baker. But they're basically twins. I almost want to donate just for how hilarious Peter Davidson looks :)

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Been awhile since I checked out what new tables Farsight added to PA... they've got Red & Ted's Road Show and Judge Dredd now?! BRB spending $10.

Otaku Coder

Neo Member
Hmm, I want to get back into this, but I remember the PC version being a bit ropey when it launched. Has it improved or would I better off with PS4?

I also remember it having a cringeworthy instrumental cover of Pinball Wizard on the title screen. Drove me nuts...

HotHamBoy

Hmm, I want to get back into this, but I remember the PC version being a bit ropey when it launched. Has it improved or would I better off with PS4?

I also remember it having a cringeworthy instrumental cover of Pinball Wizard on the title screen. Drove me nuts...

Oh, it's leagues better. The new DX11 lighting is fantastic. It's also the only platform to have the new 3.0 flipper physics on every table, not just the newer ones post-Xenon. The new physics are pretty great and it's possible to live-catch and more now.

I would say it's the best platform at this point, especially since you can rotate your monitor and put it in Portrait mode.

...the shitty music is still there.

Vyse24

PA Kickstarter said:
It's day nine and we are now just a few hundred dollars away from $20k pledged. That's 36% funded!

As expected, things have slowed a bit after the initial push, but don't let that dampen your spirits! We expect the word to travel and reach those larger news outlets in the coming days. We have some exciting things to announce once we get closer to our goal. So stay tuned!

As always, we are very grateful for the continued support. We are growing closer to the goal and are confident that Whovians and pinball wizards around the world will have the opportunity to experience the Doctor Who pinball table from the comfort of their living-room.
Hopefully those "exciting things" get announced sooner than later to give the Kickstarter a shot in the arm.

Endo Punk

After the Adams Family no new table has interested me. Shame because I love the game. Whatever happened to the addition of playboy tables?

This is one of my favorite tables! The play field is a nice, fast, clean table. The multi level section is awesome and the DMD video game was fun to play. The sounds and music are top notch! Hopefully this bad boy will make it!

Vyse24

A week left and $20k left to go. Yeah, this one looks like it's not getting funded unless some miracle happens.

Vyse24

PA Kickstarter said:
We have some VERY exciting news!
If we reach our goal, in ADDITION to our re-creation of the 1992 Bally classic, we will be able to create a new REGENERATED Doctor Who table!
This new table will be based on the original machine’s design. However, in our updated version, we’ll be allowed to redo all of the graphics and audio by including the latest doctors and new material from the show! We will also update the art style of the table, add new lighting features, and build in a couple new toys to make it the most intense “mod” ever of a Doctor Who table – real or digital!
We’ve added new tiers that include backers getting the Bally version and early access to this new version of the table.
We seriously still need your help, though. If we don’t meet our campaign goal, we’re not going to be able to add either table. Please tell your friends who are fans of Doctor Who, past and present, about this really cool campaign.

Oooooooh

Vyse24

2 new tiers have been added. $85+ gets you 2 Season 6 passes, and $99+ gets you the Gold edition of The Addams Family.

A little over $12k left to go. Lets see if these can push this to the goal.

Erigu

2 new tiers have been added. $85+ gets you 2 Season 6 passes, and $99+ gets you the Gold edition of The Addams Family.
As much as I'd like that Gold edition, I really don't need 2 season 6 passes when none of them are for the platform I'm using (PS4)...
Also, am I reading this right? Four copies of the same table? ... Why?

Jucksalbe

Banned
Ah, too bad there isn't a tier for just one season pass. I guess this has to do with what was already there, but still.

Anyway, it looks like this update gave it the last big push it needed, seems like they'll reach their goal now. Was a bit worried about that for the last few days.

Shaneus

The kickstarter just reached its goal!
Oh, awesome! I was going to back it, but I'd been left in the cold when the table becomes officially for sale and the backer rewards haven't gone through.

Wasn't sure it would make it, glad it has though.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Ah, too bad there isn't a tier for just one season pass. I guess this has to do with what was already there, but still.

Anyway, it looks like this update gave it the last big push it needed, seems like they'll reach their goal now. Was a bit worried about that for the last few days.
Good. I hope they do Indy 500 next.

Shaneus

Good. I hope they do Indy 500 next.
I don't think that's one of those "we need more money to license" tables. If I had to guess, it'll be something freaking massive... maybe Simpsons Pinball Party. Unless they're saving that for their standalone Stern app. Or Family Guy?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I don't think that's one of those "we need more money to license" tables. If I had to guess, it'll be something freaking massive... maybe Simpsons Pinball Party. Unless they're saving that for their standalone Stern app. Or Family Guy?

I still want it, though.

Actually, I came up with something I would like to see: a compilation of classic IndyCar arcade games that includes pixel-perfect, online enabled arcade ports of Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat, Sega Indy 500, and CART Fury, plus a sim of Indy 500 Pinball using FarSight's engine. Price it for $20, I'd buy it.

I'm assuming that the 'regenerated' version of the table will also be for sale? I think now that the KS is fully backed that I'd rather just buy both versions outright.

Top Bottom