• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pinball Arcade: Star Trek TNG Kickstarter by FarSight Studios [Ended, $52K funded]

AcridMeat

Banned
It's the same you'd do if you switch to any other platform that doesn't share the stores you own it on. PC/Mac/iOS/PSN/XBLA/Android are all unique purchases, we've known that from day 1.

All you really have to do is vote to approve it on Greenlight so the chances of it getting on Steam go up, and FarSight will get more customers which helps them get more money and do more/bigger tables. That doesn't cost anything, and helps out indirectly even if you have no interest in buying anything. :)
I know they're individual purchases, I was just having a debate with myself regarding whether I want to go all in on PC and never touch the PS3 version again. I've already greenlit.

Harlock

The Steam version is a more a guaranteed choice, taking into account that it is possible that the next Playstation is not combatible with your PSN games. But playing Pinball in the larga TV is always better.

jvm

Gamasutra.
It's over. Funded with $52,138.
Given that they went from $77K to $70K after the first KS campaign, I'd hope that $52K is plenty to ensure they are still well above their goal for this one.

Now they need to knuckle down and focus on improving quality and driving big sales of the licensed tables, and then go back with some revenue figures to show other license holders. IMO, naturally.

Shaneus

I'm downloading an iOS update to PBA right now that, according to the release notes, includes the TNG table!
Fuck yes! It has the TNG logo on it :)

And they have a pro mode for MM as well... but the pro mode from TotAN already burned me.

But TNG!!! FUCK YES!

How long will it take to get it for free, given I Kickstarted it?

firehawk: Pro means there's some extra options available, like table flyover/navigation, you can drop the ball anywhere around the table, operators menu... that sort of thing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
F
firehawk: Pro means there's some extra options available, like table flyover/navigation, you can drop the ball anywhere around the table, operators menu... that sort of thing.
Ah, is it worth it? I'm just holding off on buying it because they don't really explain it in the game.

Shaneus

It really isn't. I bought it on the cheap for TotAN and yeah... it really isn't.

I guess they may add more stuff to it in the future, but right now it's pretty useless.

Top Bottom