• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (Salazar's Revenge) - Reviews

17015800_10154981836668830_529268610073059017_o.jpg

Rotten Tomatoes - 29% | Average Rating: 4.8/10

They seem pretty mixed so far.

Empire - ★★ - Not the return to form you might have been hoping for. Its story might cover all the same beats as the 2003 original, but there's little of that film's spark or spirit.

Variety - The "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise steers off-course in this drab fifth entry.

The Guardian - ★★ - There are a few new faces but not many new ideas in the fifth instalment of the increasingly becalmed Disney franchise.

Forbes - A Fitting Finale To Johnny Depp's Defining Franchise.

Sounds about right. Didn't look good at all from the trailers. Javier Bardem's character looks like a watered down Davy Jones and the whole Jack Sparrow schtick is getting really old

opricnik

Banned
Sounds about right. Didn't look good at all from the trailers. Javier Bardem's character looks like a watered down Davy Jones and the whole Jack Sparrow schtick is getting really old

everyone say its best one after 1 .

or par with 2 atleast what does make you say that

Damn, with all Disney has been slaying lately, why is this the one franchise that they just can't get right?

Lol @ "franchise steers off-course" from Variety though. Where have you been for the last decade my dude.

DMczaf

Just from the trailers of this film, its obvious with each sequel after he original trilogy, Gore was the driving force.

As divisive as the 2 sequels were, at least it was it was the director's vision and felt fresh and original

Whompa02

The 5th movie, to a franchise that should have probably ended with the first movie, is getting middling reviews? Man what a surprise.

Considering how many dead men have somehow beaten death (Barbossa, Salazar, Davy Jones, Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, the entire crews of all of these people) and how much talking many of them do, I take issue with the title.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Considering how many dead men have somehow beaten death (Barbossa, Salazar, Davy Jones, Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, the entire crews of all of these people) and how much talking many of them do, I take issue with the title.

I am literally looking at the first one right now on TV and Jack just made a snide remark saying how a ship could leave no survivors when there are stories about it.

whats up with 2nd haters , lol it has one of the best villain of all movie history and felt great.

these threads always bring all haters i guess

Bill Nighy is a treasure and can make any bad movie worth watching. He was great hamming it up in Underworld too, but that movie was a steaming pile.

jrush64

Banned
whats up with 2nd haters , lol it has one of the best villain of all movie history and felt great.

these threads always bring all haters i guess

IKR. It's almost like you're not allowed to enjoy something that some people want to hate.

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to this, can't even begin to gaf about reviews.

opricnik

Banned
Bill Nighy is a treasure and can make any bad movie worth watching. He was great hamming it up in Underworld too, but that movie was a steaming pile.

You must only watch 5/5 star indie movies then because its much better then stuff most people watch like MCU Craps,Star Wars Nu Trilogy/Prequels or other blockbusters

Donos

These movies start really to become indistinct in between the parts. I can recall most of part 1. Then it's probably a mix of 2-4.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I wasn't expecting much. Last one was a disappointment too.

I am done with this series. Have no desire to watch it.

Top Bottom