• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza scandal shocks Austria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spladam

"Lazy fuck uses old picture to express his pizza eating with his wife, gets caught out and called a liar"

There, a better headline

Because I had no idea what the fuck the OP was trying to say

Same, had to read the Politico article to even know what the OP was about.

Edit: by the way guys, the only way I've ordered pizza for the last 6 years is Bacon, Jalapeno, and Pineapple. Bring it on.

eso76

Well, just so you barbarians know, in civilised countries they don't give you a pre-sliced pizza so you're gonna need some piece of cutlery to cut it into slices that you will then proceed to eat using your hands.
Knife and fork are perfectly fine, but scissors and pizza wheel work too, although they're not as common.

That's unless you want to roll the whole pizza up into a Godzilla tortilla and eat it like that, I know you would you monsters.

HardRojo

There are so many scandals involving pizza that I seriously didn't expect one like this. Pineapple, milk, eating it with utensils...

Well, just so you barbarians know, in civilised countries they don't give you a pre-sliced pizza so you're gonna need some piece of cutlery to cut it into slices that you will then proceed to eat using your hands.
Knife and fork are perfectly fine, but scissors and pizza wheel work too, although they're not as common.

That's unless you want to roll the whole pizza up into a Godzilla tortilla and eat it like that, I know you would you monsters.

i just rip the pizza apart with my hands, you need to lift more bro and get those swole pizza ripping muscles

Fisty

After looking at that picture, there are a LOT of things I don't understand about your culture, so I think we should ban all travel from Austria just to be safe.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm genuinely confused why it's not okay to cut a pizza with a knife. Is that....is that a thing? I feel like I learned something today. It's something stupid, but it's something.

ReAxion

these trivial complaints about corn and utensils: you've never heard of japanese food or the city of naples, italy? c'mon.

So the controversy is that he said he was having pizza with his family and posted some random picture that he had taken previously to go along with the message?

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
If this was Trump, the news would be top on Google News and this thread would have 20 pages by now.

If this was Trump, he would have already tweeted something extremely stupid and blamed Obama, Hillary, Ben or the media for something completely unrelated.

>:)

This pizza war has gone on long enough. We must be united in these uncertain times. So I give you the one thing that will universally unite us as one...

BEHOLD! The pea and mayonnaise pizza!
zDbQz6b.jpg

Is this satire or do i miss something?

Like who gives a shit from what day or time he actually posts eating a pizza?

But maybe Eddie Bravo was right all the time and #Pizzagate is bigger than we thought.

1. Corn on pizza is actually good, just like egg on pizza.
Agree completely, especially regarding egg on pizza!
Local place used to have a pizza called the popeye that had egg on it and it was great stuff.

Oh and for one blasphemous post - hawaiian pizza is on of the top 3 foods I miss the most since becoming a vegetarian 15 years ago.

I still want to try that.

Things I want to try on pizza:

Corn
Avocado
Black bean
Watermelon
Peas
Cauliflower
Sweet potato
Mashed red potato
Mango
Fig

Corn: Tastes good. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Avocado: You are a disgusting person if you ever get a warm avocado.
Black bean: Good. Again it's nothing fancy.
Watermelon: The funny thing about watermelon, is that it's like 99% water. So when you try it on a pizza, it is dry like camel dung.
Peas: Never tried.
Cauliflower: Never tried.
Sweet potato: Never tried.
Mashed red potato: Never tried.
Mango: This along with Pineapple are the best "weird" things on pizza.
Fig: Never tried.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Corn: Tastes good. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Avocado: You are a disgusting person if you ever get a warm avocado.
Black bean: Good. Again it's nothing fancy.
Watermelon: The funny thing about watermelon, is that it's like 99% water. So when you try it on a pizza, it is dry like camel shit.
Peas: Never tried.
Cauliflower: Never tried.
Sweet potato: Never tried.
Mashed red potato: Never tried.
Mango: This along with Pineapple are the best "weird" things on pizza.
Fig: Never tried.

I'd expect to watermelon to be applied after it's been cooked on a more refreshing, Mediterranean pizza.

DemWalls

I honestly thought the scandal would be about a (I presume) far-right politician eating such a foreign food as a pizza, and getting flak for it. Wouldn't have surprised me at all, these days.

MANUELF

Banned
Avocado on pizza actually tastes good, here they sell a roast meat pizza with meat, avocado, onion and green pepper
DELICIOUS

nampad

Big news day in Austria.

This pizza war has gone on long enough. We must be united in these uncertain times. So I give you the one thing that will universally unite us as one...

BEHOLD! The pea and mayonnaise pizza!
zDbQz6b.jpg

I am willing to try that.

Hisoka

Oh man.. das is' fast noch peinlicher als wenn einer seiner Partei mal wieder was von der Tagespresse teilt.
Norbert, u dun goofed

Add me to the group of "wtf u doing with knifes & forks when having pizza?"

That is some fucked up human being. Next he will eat a hot dog on a plate.

To the stake now. Burn him. Heretic

Italian style pizza is not pre-sliced. Restaurants provide sharp knives with wooden handles. You may cut it into slices or smaller pieces. Perfectly normal almost everywhere outside of the US.

Ullus

Italian style pizza is not pre-sliced. Restaurants provide sharp knives with wooden handles. You may cut it into slices or smaller pieces. Perfectly normal almost everywhere outside of the US.

Yup, 7 pizza places in my city, only one pre-slice it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom