• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Place Your Bets: Which perspective will RE2make have?

Jawmuncher

So I wanted to gauge the expectation/wants of the community here and elsewhere. While this isn't my first RE2make thread, I want to angle this more towards why you feel the game will be whichever style you voted. Rather than any sort of X is better than X so it better be that.

I feel that these three options have the highest chance of appearing in the game and I ignored anything such as combined angles for the sake of keeping it simple. So if you feel it'll be something like RE 3.5 let me know below.

Poll: http://www.strawpoll.me/13417262

img_271920sdt.jpg

I voted over the shoulder. Since I feel capcom wants to do something with that style soon

liquidtmd

Banned
Traditional in the vein of the original RE2 and REMake

They have the mainline series to play with either first person ala 7 or third person ala 4-6, as well as Revelations 3 potentially. Feel keeping the original spirit and view of the original should be a USP of the REmake 2 project.

Need to scratch that itch
y, tasty

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
3rd Person ala RE4/RE5/RE6.

There wont be a RE8 anytime soon and that style of games has alot of fans that werent on the RE7 train.
RE2Make will be the game for that audience.

bigkrev

It's going to have a 3rd person/behind-the-back camera. I just can't see them using pre-rendered backgrounds in 2018/19.

The RE2make was literally greenlit because of REmake HDs success, which Capcom did not expect. And I expect an remake just like that from 2, classic camera angles and everything.

And honestly, though I've had more fun with action RE than classic RE overall, I don't want anything but classic RE from this remake.

Piers

They'll give the option for both which means no pre-rendered backgrounds.
This is Capcom, so they'll be more concerned about trying to sell REmake 2 to people who aren't already RE fans, rather than the fans themselves.

Shin-Ra

The environment layouts (narrow alleys and corridors) were originally designed for the fixed perspective, crappy aiming and simple AI so unless they widen a lot up and overhaul the encounters, you'd get a MGS Twin Snakes situation where you're overpowered and everything's piss easy.

TreIII

Voted 3rd person over the shoulder.

Even if the game otherwise is a straight remake of RE2 and doesn't have various other RE4-6-isms like melee attacks (Suplexes and Kicks), I can't see them sticking with the classic RE style perspective.

It's gonna be classic. Everything they've said, and the REmake rerelease leading up to the announcement has heavily indicated it will be classic style.

Dusk Golem pls confirm.

The unannounced RE game that is being directed by the REV 2 / RE5 director will be your over the shoulder action/horror RE.

Coda

Probably either classic view or over the shoulder. Would be cool if they gave you the option to use either.

It's gonna be classic. Everything they've said, and the REmake rerelease leading up to the announcement has heavily indicated it will be classic style.

Dusk Golem pls confirm.
Yeah I remember his from RE7 threads. He knows what he is taking about. Dusk Golem where you at bro?

Keym

haha

Same reason FFVIIR is now an action game.
SE thinks oldschool RPGs are dead. On the other hand, REmake was pretty damn well received when it got a re-release with modern audiences and, like someone above said, is the reason REmake 2 got greenlit in the first place.

I think it'll have 3D environments and will allow you to choose the fixed camera perspective of OG Resi 2, but also have the option for third person over-the-shoulder gameplay.

I'd love to be optimistic and say fixed camera REmake style because that's what I want or gtfo, but realistically I believe Capcom will Capcom the shit out of this and manage to somehow make the game nobody really asked for to try and appease any and all Resi fans at once, making it only a decent affair tops for everyone involved in the process.

Sorry to be Debbie Downer here.

EDIT: I think in general anyone expecting a return of the inspiration and class of REmake should dial back their expectations. I'm the first to gladly eat a truckload of crows here (I even ended up enjoying RE7 after hating the demo with a passion) but REmake was made when that whole formula and spirit was still more or less alive, albeit on life support. It was released only 6 years after the original's release and even that is 15 years ago now. The gap between RE2 and REmake 2 will be 20 years, if not 21. The cynic in me thinks this will be closer to one of those sad attempts of a band to re-record a classic album because the production is outdated. I personally believe that they caught lightning in a bottle with REmake although I really hope REmake 2 turns out great contrary to my skepticisms.

I think RE2 could really benefit from the 3rd person camera so long as there aren't crazy melee from shot combos. RE4 nailed the controls of how that should be like plus the more granular aiming could add a bit more skill and tension provided the aim sway could never be compensated via a stock. It could be rather unique.

But I do think it's going to stick with the classic camera angles in the end.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Over the shoulder like RE4, RE5, and RE:Rev with an ability to aim down the sights in first person.

It's gonna be over the shoulder camera.
Edit: post above is hot trash, Resident Evil 4 is a fantastic game. No nostalgia talking here either, I just played it last year.

Bl@de

Fixed camera in 3D environments and camera panning in some situations for a more dynamic feeling

Top Bottom